Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers Ready to Move Past Controversial Calls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Sep 15, 2009, 9:46 PM

The now-infamous trick play on a field goal, plus the holding call on Thomas Austin in Thursday’s fourth quarter will forever be spoken of with derision for Clemson fans. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo wants us to know who Doug Rhoads is.***

Sep 15, 2009, 9:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is a smart man...

Sep 15, 2009, 10:54 PM

Reading this article it is clear to me and probably the rest of you guys that Dabo wants us to know he has given the ACC hell for what what went down last Thursday against Tech. He's smart for making the quotes he did because it gets the fans on his side even more and lets us and the league know he's gonna call them out when they screw up - hopefully we do not get hosed anymore this year. He also sounds like he's pretty bitter about it which I know we all are. All in all to me it shows me he knows how to communicate through the media and fans his displeasure with things he cant control. If he can do this with the officials I'm sure hes more than capable of getting his players to do what he and the staff want them to do. I'm glad hes our coach. I was originally a little reluctant about the hire but I think he is gonna be a good one. Next test will be getting the players to move on and focus on BC - which I think they will. We need to win this game and win it handily. We do this and I think we will have a great season. Go Tigers and give em hell DABO!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Dabo is a smart man...

Sep 16, 2009, 6:24 AM

If we are as good as we think we are and know we are,and we let go of the call slights and learn from them, we'll recover and go on and have a great season and possibly win a re-match against Tech in ACC title game. And we'll teach the little bees a big lesson on real football on the stage that really matters. This is what I foresee happening with this team.

Okay, we got hosed..just my opinion, but IF we take care of

Sep 15, 2009, 10:00 PM

business, we win going away. The officials doing our games are a joke...hard to argue against that. They made poor calls on both sides and should be reprimanded. NOW let's take it out on BC. I'm looking for a good 'ole Tiger a$$ kickin' Saturday! GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will always be in the right if you treat others as you want to be treated!

i think our D will do well but still worried about our O

Sep 15, 2009, 10:02 PM

if we can't run the ball better, it hampers our whole offense imo. I don't see big plays against BC like we did against GT. We'll have to grind out drives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?

Sep 15, 2009, 11:38 PM

I was with you until you said you thought you'd see fewer big plays. One thing GT has that BC does not is defensive speed. BC's advantage in the past was their mammoth DL. They clogged up the running lanes and got you in the 2nd and 3rd and long. However, they don't have the speed to stay with CJ and Ford. We've seen that for the past several years. Now that we actually have a QB of putting the ball on the money deep, I'm predicting we'll see at least 3 plays of 50 yards or more this Sat.

Keep chasing those windmills, Steve!

Re: Tigers Ready to Move Past Controversial Calls

Sep 15, 2009, 10:23 PM

I just watched Tony Barnhart's Show & this call was one of the 1st things he brought up. He said after seeing this horrible call he called Doug Rhodes & asked about it. Rhode's response was, "Tony I can't talk about this on the record", but all officials are reviewed & appropriate action is taken on missed calls. This isn't an exact quote but very close. Barnhart spent considerable time talking about this call.

drhoads@theacc.org Drop him a nice message!

Sep 16, 2009, 9:44 AM

Ha!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sent!***

Sep 16, 2009, 10:35 AM

But don't go making the man angry. That won't help.***

Sep 16, 2009, 11:37 AM [ in reply to drhoads@theacc.org Drop him a nice message! ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: drhoads@theacc.org Drop him a nice messa

Sep 18, 2009, 7:53 PM [ in reply to drhoads@theacc.org Drop him a nice message! ]

Sent, thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's the official that called holding on Austin?***

Sep 16, 2009, 9:04 PM

Good question...and what is his background?*****

Sep 16, 2009, 10:12 PM

Re: Good question...and what is his background?*****

Sep 18, 2009, 7:53 PM

I heard the referee that made the bad call this year is the same one that made it last year. Is there any validity to this? Seems unlikely. It seems people would be screaming if this were true.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic