Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why I'm against rushing the field.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Why I'm against rushing the field.

Oct 8, 2015, 4:18 PM

Now imagine some psycho nut fully loaded going open season on fans and players.

https://twitter.com/CU_Slam/status/652214250493112321

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

WTH does that have to do with rushing the field?***

Oct 8, 2015, 4:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody can walk in. It only takes one person

Oct 8, 2015, 4:20 PM

to create our worst nightmare.

Over 150 school shootings since Sandy Hook.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

But couldn't they shoot thousands of people from the stands

Oct 8, 2015, 4:32 PM

without ever setting foot on the actual field? I still don't see how the two are related.

GO TIGERS

Unless they have thousands of rounds, no.

Oct 8, 2015, 4:39 PM

But it would be almost impossible to shoot Dabo or anybody else on the field from the stands. Fans close by could tackle the shooter and aiming that far with a pistol is very difficult.

Are you also afraid to go outside??!

Oct 8, 2015, 6:15 PM

What the hell kind of post is this TigerWoods?? You should stick to your "inside information" posts because this makes no sense! You want to stop fans rushing the field because you fear a gunman? I honestly never thought of that EVER! Maybe fans also shouldn't tailgate at Clemson games! You know they are vulnerable to open season. Just hanging out laughing,cooking,drinking with friends and strangers all the same.
Tiger Woods I respect the knowledge you have passed on about players and coaches.But seriously you shame yourself with this post.
GO TIGERS!!

They don't even have to be in the stadium. The East Hill

Oct 8, 2015, 4:40 PM [ in reply to But couldn't they shoot thousands of people from the stands ]

gate is an wrought-iron fence. The stadium is not totally enclosed ala BOA stadium in Charlotte.

Tiger, why you go and bring this up, giving psychos ideas?

Do you not watch the news?***

Oct 8, 2015, 4:41 PM

Re: Why I'm against rushing the field.

Oct 8, 2015, 4:20 PM

I'm pretty sure your concern shouldn't be about rushing the field, rather increased security process???

Oct 8, 2015, 4:21 PM

Why do you have to go all dark Tiger?

null

Because reality sucks.***

Re: Because reality sucks.***

Oct 8, 2015, 4:24 PM

Perception has become Reality. Sure this has always happened but the more it is advertised and talked about the more frequent it will become.

null

I'd rather nip it in the bud before it happens.***

Oct 8, 2015, 4:25 PM

umm wut

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 8, 2015, 4:26 PM

How would it be different rushing the field vs. not? If a psychopath got in the stadium loaded they could wreak havoc regardless.

Terrorists can strike anywhere. They want people to be

Afraid and not live their authentic life. It could happen but do you condone stoping tradition and giving into the fear they generate?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Player safety should be priority number #1. Clemson is not

Oct 8, 2015, 4:28 PM

doing enough. If we had really tight security at the gate I'd be much less worried. The easier solution is just to stop rushing the field. There's a reason the entire SEC decided to end it.

Has there been some threat made on Clemson?

Oct 8, 2015, 4:33 PM

This proclamation by you kinda came out of the blue-despite the Twitter capture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you need a threat?***

Oct 8, 2015, 4:40 PM

Just curious why you posted this today? No problem on the

Oct 8, 2015, 4:47 PM

Discussion.

I saw the tweet and became angry.***

Oct 8, 2015, 4:49 PM

More than anything, I want Clemson to be PROACTIVE and not

Oct 8, 2015, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Just curious why you posted this today? No problem on the ]

reactive. Just get ahead of it and let's make it safe. Too many school shootings has taken a toll on me.

proactive would be eliminating soft targets all together.

Oct 8, 2015, 4:58 PM

the most security at any one time on a college campus is most likely at a home football game.

none of the attacks i believe you're referencing included that kind of presence.

vpi, sandy hook, the recent community college, malls, theaters these are the sorts of targets that bring together people with limited means for push back.

that's about as nice as i can put it. the world is a dangerous place and taking out a tradition such as clemson's will not prevent a tragedy if someone wanted it to happen.

single engine plane full of gas into the north stands should make clemson eliminate crowds posthaste. it's prudent, it's proactive, it's the right thing to do if you've watched the news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but the SEC teams only did it to celebrate huge wins

Oct 8, 2015, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Player safety should be priority number #1. Clemson is not ]

and it usually ends up including destruction to goal posts and what not that people do sometimes get hurt.

Clemson welcomes the fans onto the field and has for years. Other than a couple goal post incidents before the hydraulic ones were installed, Clemson hasn't really had any problems with fans getting hurt or anyone being too crazy down on the field after the game. The only problem I really see is that some of the fans don't wait on the coaches to shake hands before running out, like the PA always says they should, but otherwise I really don't see why it should end.

GO TIGERS

Initially, but now it's just a very good policy.

Oct 8, 2015, 4:41 PM

Times are different. People are shooting children.

Re: Player safety should be priority number #1. Clemson is not

Oct 8, 2015, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Player safety should be priority number #1. Clemson is not ]

If a mass shooter and player safety is a concern then it would be easier for them to pick them off of the sideline during the game. If the issue is once they are on the field with small weapons, then it is still gate security. If they want to attack a player on the field they could just as easily do it in class or between classes. Don't live in a fear state.

i agree with Tiger

Everyone should have to enter a gate completely nude, have clothes scanned by metal detector and then get dressed once inside the stadium

1. We will all be in a secured environment
2. I can assure you people will arrive earlier
3. Student entry Gate will get the most action, especially if they put in a Women's only line

You are all now free to enjoy the game and go on the field.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your concern is at the gate.

Oct 8, 2015, 4:27 PM

The field is just one of many opportunities for an idiot once inside the stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^ Gets it. Need new policy at gate. See above!

Pray it isnt cold out

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2015, 4:27 PM

Could the same gunman shoot the same amount of people in the stands?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Oct 8, 2015, 4:42 PM

yes. This entire concern is stupid.

In the stands would be a much more advantageous place for a shooter than on the field after a game. In the stands, the victims are less mobile. On the field they may either flee more quickly or engage the shooter more easily if they chose to do so.

This is a dumb, dumb worry.

Entertain this idea: psycho but walks into stadium just like you fear except it is now illegal to rush the field. How does preventing the rushing of the field exactly prevent a mass shooting. Th issue as one poster mentioned is gate security. The person who is in charge of that gate should be fired if it happens again. Suspended for the rest of the season for this time. The guy could also have been drunk and just forgot that he showed them the ticket. Or he could have just lied. Anyway if a mass shooter gets in, rushing the field is of no connection. 80,000+ people are already crammed in there.

Thanks for putting that idea out there. I don't see the

Oct 8, 2015, 4:34 PM

connection with rushing the field though. I would hope someone would go Rambo on someone if they tried that. Judo punch to the back of the head. Crush their esophagus. There are a lot of armed police in the stadium as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

No.

Oct 8, 2015, 4:38 PM

That's how the terrorists win.

Thanks captain buzzkill

Oct 8, 2015, 4:52 PM

Cmon man!

I don't think it's being discussed enough.***

Oct 8, 2015, 4:53 PM

Oct 8, 2015, 4:54 PM

Are we sure this guy isn't talking about walking into NC State's stadium? The game is at NC State this year, so the logical conclusion would be this guy walked into Carter-Finley without a ticket (even though his name includes CU in it). I'm always waiting on some crazy fan to get in a fight with an opposing player.

Anyway, unless the guy sneaks an automatic weapon onto the field, the crowd is so dense, he might get several rounds off before a player or one of the many brave Clemson men rip his face off. Would be a tragedy for sure, and like others said, not one that could probably be avoided either way. Going through metal detectors would not be a bad idea. We have to do it for ball games, usually... Why not football?

Pray this never happens.

Go Tigers!

NFL games require everyone get scanned through

Oct 8, 2015, 4:55 PM

metal detectors.

screw that. I think my mini bottles have metal caps***

Oct 8, 2015, 4:57 PM

Re: screw that. I think my mini bottles have metal caps***

Transfer them into a plastic container, or down them in line ??

Re: NFL games require everyone get scanned through

Oct 8, 2015, 4:57 PM [ in reply to NFL games require everyone get scanned through ]

Yep, seems like it wouldn't be a problem to do this at college football games, right?

Go Tigers!

How do we make this happen?***

Re: How do we make this happen?***

Oct 8, 2015, 5:04 PM

I think if the students called for it, that would be most effective. I can't imagine many students are worried about this, though. Clemson felt like a dream world while I was there.

Other than that, I don't know. I'm actually in the boat of people that aren't worried about events like this, because I don't know how I'd stay sane if I worried about this stuff. You just make sure you're as prepared as you can be to handle situations like this when they occur. However, when means of protecting yourself are already banned from the stadium, then they might as well make everyone walk through a metal detector.

Still, someone could just pass them things through the gate. Like I said, I'd go crazy if I thought about this too much.

We don't!***

Oct 9, 2015, 1:21 PM [ in reply to How do we make this happen?*** ]

Once you start changing everything and acting all scared

Oct 8, 2015, 5:02 PM

The psychos and terrorists win.

Sure there is a small chance that someone could get through the gate and cause harm after the game, but this could happen any time. People who are intent on causing harm will find a way.

There is no need to change up things that make Clemson great just because Prozac and Ritalin are being over prescribed and causing lunatics to act on their mental breakdowns. (seriously, look it up, over 90% of mass shooters in the past 20 years have been on high levels of psychotropic drugs or serotonin and dopamine reuptake inhibitors)

I would advise those who have a real fear of this to simply stay home and watch on TV, but you could just as easily die there, or on the way to the game as you could in the stands or on the field after...

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

What's wrong with drunk and confident?***

Oct 8, 2015, 5:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, we could require everyone to strip completely

Oct 8, 2015, 5:05 PM

for entry into DV.

Then again, some of the sights might give a whole, new meaning to the moniker, Death Valley.

Re: Well, we could require everyone to strip completely

Oct 8, 2015, 5:08 PM

Penn State might get upset when people start calling Memorial Stadium Happy Valley

Shrinkage would prevent that ever happening.***

Oct 8, 2015, 5:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least it would solve one medical mystery.

Oct 8, 2015, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Well, we could require everyone to strip completely ]

Why men married to middle aged women have ED.

Draw a line in the sand right now!!!...

Oct 8, 2015, 5:13 PM

I'm sick to death of yield, yield, yield on all our liberties and traditions in the name of being safer, being more PC or whatever. Thank God we had sense to fix the problem of tearing down goalposts by fixing the goalposts instead of stopping people coming on the field back when that incident happened. What we have is special and I say we fight to keep it instead of just yielding yet again!

Re: Draw a line in the sand right now!!!...

Oct 8, 2015, 5:30 PM

I'm with you Peteroquemore!^^^^^This won't stop until we are all boarding buses at assigned pick up points in the state to be ferried to the game (tailgating won't be allowed as the mix of propane grills, alcohol, driving cars-which, by the way, take out many more citizens than maniacs intent on doing harm ever do!-errant footballs thrown in parking lots by the guys that didn't make the team,frisbees,fattening foods,etc etc etc all raise the danger level of attending said game)then taken home to your drop off point so you can return home at an hour of someone elses choosing(who needs freedom anyway, right?)

Re: Draw a line in the sand right now!!!...

Oct 8, 2015, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Draw a line in the sand right now!!!... ]

Ol Bo Rat likes to draw those lines in the sand.

not being able to rush the field would stop a gunman from

Oct 8, 2015, 5:24 PM

rushing the field lol

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And stopping rushing the field

Oct 8, 2015, 5:40 PM

Would prevent the psycho how? I don't get your logic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm so don't do it

Oct 8, 2015, 5:41 PM

The threat from a psycho is very similar whether fans are on the field or not. Further what's to say this tweet is either 1) true or 2) referring to getting into Clemson. Last time I checked the NCSU game this year was in Raleigh (who also played at home last weekend).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shoebox Roof Much Better Place to Go Pyscho From

Oct 8, 2015, 6:32 PM

Wading into 10K drunk fans and trying close combat would end fast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I worry about some psycho crashing a blimp into the

Oct 8, 2015, 6:36 PM

stadium. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xknWZIAzBCc

Arm Everyone with a AK 47. Dabo, Cheerleaders, Fans, Dale

Oct 9, 2015, 5:54 PM

Gilbert ETC

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic