Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here we go again....FFRF is back about the groping
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Here we go again....FFRF is back about the groping

Jan 5, 2017, 9:33 PM

https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/28377-atheist-group-clemson-football-proves-that-pious-does-not-mean-moral

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here we go again....FFRF is back about the groping

Jan 5, 2017, 9:37 PM

Can't wait for them to meet their maker.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2017, 12:50 PM

Those people again ? They love to moan , and don't mind being beaten repeatedly .

God bless them , everyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Why give them press?***

Jan 5, 2017, 10:22 PM

Re: Why give them press?***

Jan 5, 2017, 10:27 PM

Have they ever won a case ? Wonder what rich atheist is sponsoring them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our recruiting took off and we were blessed mightily

Jan 5, 2017, 10:35 PM

After they tried to cause trouble the 1st time. Parents love a coach that will stand up for what's right for his players through true nonjudgmental unconditional Love that Dabo represents.

I really wonder if they know it backfired on them the last time. They want to use the National Championship to get attention. I'm not sure a lot of their supporters are football fans are even care about a football team. Theirs a church on every corner, looks like that might be a better battle for them...lol

Go Tigers! And go Dabo! ???? ?? ????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Our recruiting took off and we were blessed mightily

Jan 5, 2017, 10:37 PM

There's

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 5, 2017, 10:38 PM

Ignore the misfits... it is attention that they seek. Smh.

Can any atheist genius out there answer a serious question?

Jan 5, 2017, 10:51 PM

If atheists believe that there is God, and no after-life; that men are simply animals which are born, live, and then die, with absolutely no meaning, no responsibility,and no accountability, and that their actions and experiences are based solely on stochastic processes, why would they want to waste their time on worrying whether someone is "religious" or not. Why wouldn't they just "eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow [they] die?"

It sure seems like a complete waste of time and money to waste on worrying about what doesn't matter tick's turd to them any way.

The fact that you're asking that question is the reason they exist

Jan 5, 2017, 11:50 PM

If religion kept to itself and out of public policy, then there would be no issues - just eye-rolling.

But atheists don't keep out of public policy; the atheists

Jan 6, 2017, 12:04 AM

here where I live (and they are very common) are some of the most vocal policy preachers in town. Does that mean they are actually religious? Hypocrites? Both?

Are they just self-centered animals trying to make policy for themselves, or are they trying to help others; and if so why would they want to help others if they really are just living a "law of the jungle" existence where in the grand scheme [except there is no scheme] of things what they do or don't do is completely meaningless to a cold, careless, meaningless universe?

How can an atheist who believes in no absolute right and wrong, no lawgiver so no law, tell anyone they should do anything anymore than it makes sense telling a Tiger it should or shouldn't kill a chicken, unless it's just because they're a chicken in a world of Tigers?

-- Just Eyes Wide Open

Re: But atheists don't keep out of public policy; the atheists

Jan 6, 2017, 1:39 AM

No religion belongs in public policy. Pretty simple.

The fact that you have convinced yourself that non-believers are indifferent and self-centered makes me makes me appreciate people who care enough to make sure that type of ignorance does not make its way into legislation.

Do you really need a book and a pastor to tell you to be nice to people? Why does an afterlife encourage one to be a good person or give meaning to life? What in the world is wrong with just not knowing and simply, living and dying? Pretty nice concept to me.

lol... do you even think for yourself at all

Jan 6, 2017, 6:04 AM

or do you just retread secular silliness from drug-addled neo-modernists of the 1960's?

"keeping religion out of policy",

in your context, means to keep all religious thought out of policy,

which should then include all "specifically non-religious thought" -

or to say it another way,

keeping atheism and agnosticism out of policy as well.

the point is that you want any discussion to divorce itself from religion

but you don't want to divorce yourself - your thoughts, attitudes, values, predispositions, etc. -

from your "non-religion".

wow - that's pretty bigoted of you....

those of us who have "faith" understand

a) that's not really how faith/non-faith works

and b) it's certainly not what was intended in the Constitution -

regardless yours and others' liberal misunderstandings.

Well this is one of the dumbest things I've read.***

Jan 6, 2017, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I really don't know how to respond to that

Jan 6, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to lol... do you even think for yourself at all ]

Since you're going semantics, what is religious thought?

There is literally specific legislation that is created because of Christianity, and it's not murder is illegal.

forcing me to give up my "religious principles"

Jan 6, 2017, 11:36 AM

while you get to keep your "non-religious principles"

is not "semantics"

it's TYRANNY.

No one is making anyone give up their "religious principles"

Jan 6, 2017, 12:15 PM

Again, this has nothing to do with your personal beliefs or values. This is related to actual legislation that pushes religious teachings - you know, prayer in school, teaching of creationism, blue laws.

au contraire...

Jan 6, 2017, 12:27 PM

your quote: "If religion kept to itself and out of public policy"....

The Constitution demands that no specific religion can be mandated to the People -

it does not say that principles or values have to be kept out of "legislation".

Notice also that I did not say "beliefs".

The translation of that is that legislation cannot attempt to force people to celebrate Christmas.

But the Constitution does not say that Government employees cannot celebrate Christmas while at work and on Government property.

The two are distinctly different, yet misguided liberal Supreme Court justices have tried to make them the same.

Oddly, when the Federal Reserve wants to fly the "Rainbow Flag" celebrating LGBT issues, it's somehow allowed.

So again - when you try to keep my religious principles out of Government

but allow "non-religious principles",

that's TYRANNY.

So your just the other side of the fundamentalist coin***

Jan 6, 2017, 12:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I believe both sides of the coin need to represented

Jan 6, 2017, 12:47 PM

in any discussion.

But I do believe that it's relatively easy to prove

that a faith-based society is significantly more successful and humane

than a secular society.

And I think our current society evidences that in spades.

I once sat in a plane and listened to two young people talk about "religion's influence on War". Seems the modern media had convinced them that the current hostilities between Islam, Judaism, and Christian countries was simply yet "another War" that religion had foisted upon society.

So I spoke up, saying, "Please tell me what influence Religion had on World War II, or World War I, or the Civil War, or the American Revolution, or the War of 1812, or the Vietnam War, or the Korean War, or the Mexican War, or the French-Indian War, etc. etc."

Obviously they had no answer because they had literally never thought about the BS that current Media teaches.

A good many fall in that category with them....

You're starting an entirely different conversation

Jan 6, 2017, 1:49 PM [ in reply to au contraire... ]

When people start pushing for Noah's Ark to be taught alongside evolution, that is an issue. That is what I have said from the beginning, but somehow you have turned this into, "oh, you can't possibly keep personal views out of legislation". That's obvious.

And I'm not sure why flying a rainbow flag on a federal building bothers you. Do you think your book should prevent our federal got to show support for the gay community? Interesting. Most people do not think homosexuality is a choice. It has nothing to do with religion.

What are non-religious principles?

Jan 6, 2017, 12:22 PM [ in reply to forcing me to give up my "religious principles" ]

nm

FAITH, itself, can be considered a "non-religious" principle

Jan 6, 2017, 12:35 PM

Those who are agnostics and atheists

have trouble believing in a greater being than Man.

They want to believe that 13 billion years of evolution culminates

in the society you see about you (lol).

They cannot believe in anything they cannot "prove" or "touch".

I would tell you that the ability to have Faith and to humble oneself to a greater God,

is absolutely critical to developing true maturity and humility,

and to learn to put others before yourself even when it hurts.

From my experience, true Liberals, with their credo of self-actualization/selfishness,

generally lack the ability to understand true Faith.

The answer is in your question and your misconception.

Jan 6, 2017, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Can any atheist genius out there answer a serious question? ]

There are always consequences for your actions. In this life. There is joy , and sadness in this life. There is reward and punishment here, and now.

By your own reasoning....why follow any laws.? rape, kill, pillage...have fun.When youre old give your life to bjesus...forgive all your sins and then party right thru the gates.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 6, 2017, 7:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They helped us the first time they attacked.

Jan 6, 2017, 8:31 AM

Einstein said only a fool does the something the same way twice expecting a different outcome the second time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2017, 12:29 PM

F them

Atheist fundamentalists are as annoying as Christian fundamentalists...

Jan 6, 2017, 12:32 PM

Sorry but nobody at Clemson has ever came out and stated that the football team was pious or based off of any religion. We have players that aren't Christian and don't attend any religious events. Past giving thanks to God, Dabo doesn't speak publicly about his spirituality and he tells recruits upfront where he stands at. FFRF is like NOW or PETA, they cry wolf so much that people won't pay attention to when a government entity actually is pushing religion. Similar to what NOW did with the masters.

I'm going start my own group Freedom From Having To Listen To Fundamentalists (Religious or Atheist) Cry Wolf All The Time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree; discussion should be about principles, not beliefs-

Jan 6, 2017, 12:50 PM

they're two different things.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic