Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Burch and Carolinas state of their program.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Burch and Carolinas state of their program.

Sep 24, 2019, 6:06 PM

I think we were prob 60/40 or 50/50 to land Burch over carolina. That was before the season and with J Williams transferring, being 1-3 and going down hill quick. I would def think this helps our chances with Burch ALOT but that is JMO. What do you guess think about that opinion? I would def love to land Burch, Flowe, and maybe Henderson to finish out this class and keep that #1 spot. I know we would oversign for like Gilbert or maybe ngata but I’m blanking out on any of the other recruits we might be signing this class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Burch and Carolinas state of their program.

Sep 24, 2019, 6:16 PM

I highly doubt he is even thinking about Carolina. I didnt even know they were ever a factor. I always heard it was Clemson, Georgia, Bama, and the Coots.

Sep 24, 2019, 6:19 PM

Depends. Sometimes a player wants to "write his own story" if you will. For lack of a better way of saying it, "no one has gone to U of Sux and turned it around"! I think Pickens thought he could. B. Edwards. A few others over the years.
I think Gilmore and Hollomon and Clowney going there definitely changed them. Is Burch good enough to make others want to come and play along side him?
He's at a private school in SC. I would think if he was all about himself he would have gone to IMG to prepare himself for playing top level competition. If he's more team guy - which it appears might be the case - why would he want anything to do with the Shame-cocks?
The only reason would be if he is a major mama's boy and wants to be close to home. Not knocking that if that's the case.
But, that's the only reason to choose U of Sux. What can they do in terms of challenging for a division title let alone a league title?
Exposure: Clemson is all over that little 8 letter word! All he could handle if he comes to CU.

Really not a choice in terms of comparison. Hopefully that private school education he is receiving helps him make "good choices"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 6:20 PM

Georgia is our biggest competition with Burch. Keeping my fingers crossed more for Flowe. He’s trending our way but you just never know. We just offered another receiver from Lakeland, Arian Smith. Same school Bowman is from. Kid is a burner. Not sure what that means concerning Henderson if he commits. Can’t see taking 4 receivers though. JMO

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 6:23 PM

We just offered a 2020 WR from Lakeland, FL A. Smith who is also an elite 100M track guy. I really don’t think anyone but Burch and his mom have a clue where he’s going to school.

Only 3 reasons any recruit would commit to the coots

Sep 24, 2019, 6:53 PM

at this point. 1) They are a lifelong Coot fan 2) They are being offered "incentives" such as money or family benefits, or 3) They did not get an offer from Clemson or UGA or Bama etc.. Barring a coaching change, I can't imagine any recruit choosing the coots and spending 4-5 years in Columbia and being totally irrelevant while losing a ton of games, over spending 4-5 years in Clemson playing for Dabo and contending for championships.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 24, 2019, 7:07 PM

I’m sure our coaches don’t recruit like we think on TNET. We think...we’ll win lots of games and titles, why wouldn’t a recruit come here. But every kid is different and what motivates them is different. One kid may want a strong faith environment. Another kid may want to play on TV for family and friends. Another may simply care about winning while another wants to be coached by a proven developer who puts guys in the league at their position. We can be certain though...Dabo knows what motivates Burch, and if he is a good fit for Clemson, Dabo will recruit with those things in mind.

Sep 24, 2019, 8:14 PM

SCar isn't even getting an OV from him. That program is a complete dumpster fire and I won't be surprised if his current Hammond teammate Huntley reopens his recruitment soon.

It's Clemson-UGA for Burch now.

Sep 24, 2019, 9:25 PM

I think UofSuC is out of the picture but I wouldn't read anything into not taking an official visit especially if he is taking all 5. Why use an official to go 10 miles down the road and pay to see someone a plane trip away? Even if isn't planning on taking them, having the option could be viewed as better than using it on a school so close.

Coots have been out of it for a while. It’s a Clemson/uga battle.***

Sep 24, 2019, 8:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dirt peckers have a program?

Sep 24, 2019, 10:25 PM

News to me.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic