Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Brownell responds to "hot seat" article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Brownell responds to "hot seat" article

Feb 21, 2014, 3:10 PM

Brownell responds to "hot seat" article

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ridiculous. The man has a team picked to finish

Feb 21, 2014, 3:15 PM

next to last in the conference at .500 + basketball, in a brutal conference, with less talent than 60% (maybe more) of the teams in that conference.

Hot seat my ###

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ridiculous. The man has a team picked to finish

Feb 21, 2014, 4:00 PM

sure agree with this post!! simply NO reason to even ask about that!! IMHO the question was meant to damage our program!! throw that guy out!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that i want BB to be fired, but being picked to finish

Feb 21, 2014, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Ridiculous. The man has a team picked to finish ]

last when you've been the head coach for the previous 3 seasons isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. He's pretty much responsible for the entire roster at this point.

I do think this has been (and will continue to be) a successful season, and i also think BB is a very good game coach, but i wouldn't mind seeing the bar raised a bit in terms of pre-season expectations.

The previous 3 seasons need to be analyzed closely for a

Feb 21, 2014, 10:13 PM

better picture of where he's come from and what he's had to work with.

Clemson was picked so lowly because the people making those picks looked at what we have to work with. Brownell is no doubt getting more out of this bunch than what is naturally there. Given time to grow the program, and expectations will follow.

Re: Not that i want BB to be fired, but being picked to finish

Feb 22, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Not that i want BB to be fired, but being picked to finish ]

agree 100%

Articles like this are written when you have wayyyy

Feb 21, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Ridiculous. The man has a team picked to finish ]

to many idiots in an office and have to write anything to to look busy. The person that wrote this absolutely has no clue about what Brownell has done as a coach. Just like many on this board who are clueless when it comes to coaching talent. I know some people believe that players leave high school and are ready to play major college ball. KJ was a great athlete when he came to Clemson not a great Basketball player. Through hard work and COACHING by this staff he has a chance to play in the NBA. I compare what Brownell has done at Clemson developing players and what has happened at NC State. Night and day difference state has had much better talent and has regressed compared to what Brownell has had and developed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The article, as it pertained to Brownell, was quite dumb.***

Feb 21, 2014, 3:17 PM

Re: BKB Update: Brownell responds to "hot seat" article

Feb 21, 2014, 3:18 PM

If the AD or president of Clemson wants to fire Brownell they should be fired instead.. If the Board wants to replace Brownell they should be replaced!
Brownell is a great basketball coach. We are still learning if he is a great recruiter. KJ may have been luck... but if Brownell can line up players that develop like him in their junior or senior years then we will have a better program than we have ever had. We have had better teams than this one... but i like this team... it has been a blessing not to cringe when a Tiger is fouled.

Feb 21, 2014, 6:12 PM

Look at KJ and you can see that he can develop players. KJ was an athlete, nothing more, now, he has become a player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell responds to "hot seat" article- I guess too

Feb 21, 2014, 3:21 PM

stupid and ill informed to deserve a response isnt the proper right thing to say. BB would only leave for another job, and should probably ACC coach of the year.

I literally dont know the writers involved here. That is a plus. They arent very good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder why they would ask him a question like that at this

Feb 21, 2014, 3:21 PM

point in the sason. I just don't think it is in the best interest of our program. I didn't even read the atricle but if it is as bad as y'all make it seem, that makes me wonder even more why they would ask him to respond to it.

Re: I wonder why they would ask him a question like that at this

Feb 21, 2014, 3:24 PM

It was clearly written by some real Bielema-heads

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm also proud...

Feb 21, 2014, 3:35 PM

of what this team has accomplished this year. FINISH STRONG BRAD(TIGERS)!

That article is ridiculous...

Feb 21, 2014, 3:35 PM

It names Coach Brownell as being on the "hot seat" and then goes on to enumerate all the reasons he's not in danger of being fired.

At least on most of the others on the list, Parrish actually gives the reasons why they'll most likely be replaced.....and yes, every Clemson fan saw Ollie Purnell's name.

Clemson has got to stop changing coaches every 4 or 5 years and stick with someone who'll build the foundation for a PROGRAM....I think Coach Brownell can do it given the opportunity and just maybe, future recruits will see that he's doing exactly that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Precisely, my thinking after reading the artcile.***

Feb 21, 2014, 7:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best coach with the most difficult job at Clemson.***

Feb 21, 2014, 3:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best coach with the most difficult job at Clemson.***

Feb 21, 2014, 3:42 PM

I think Brownell deserves a raise and better facilities! Anyone wanting to fire Brownell need a kick in their seat!
KJ is the most dominating player we have had since Tree Rollins.

Re: Best coach with the most difficult job at Clemson.***

Feb 21, 2014, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Best coach with the most difficult job at Clemson.*** ]

certainly agree about most difficult job @ Clemson

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2014, 4:10 PM

I see O.P is on this list as well. He definitely needs to go. Hasn't done jack do da since leaving Clemson.

Purnell is on the list

Feb 21, 2014, 6:07 PM

and expected to be canned!! That spells out the big picture and Brownell has been better than Purnell would have been. Basketball at Clemson is tough.

Poor journalism all the way round

Feb 21, 2014, 6:08 PM

CBS reporter probably on deadline throws something together.
Silly Clemson reporter asks BB about it and tells BB that article says he will not survive. In actuality, the article says he probably will. Reporters, I'm using the term loosely here, should get their facts straight before they ask questions.

Bullfeces !!!

Feb 21, 2014, 8:22 PM

The man has been making chicken salad out of chicken chit for the last 3 years and this year is palatable ... We have a real chance for the dance this year, NIT at least

Sigh, second week in a row I must count banners in the rafters.

Feb 21, 2014, 9:22 PM

Brad Brownell is attempting to build a stable basketball program at a school in a conference loaded with teams with DECADES of history, located mostly in basketball-crazy states. The writers and any who concur with them need to overcome their ignorance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2014, 9:22 PM

I thought our coach was Brownlee?? I say hang on to Brownlee if they fire that Brownell fella!!

Clemson Basketball

Feb 21, 2014, 9:30 PM

Needs to be left alone and allow this guy to continue building this program up. It is obvious he is a quality coach , this is is greatest career step and he wants to be here.Leave the man to his work ...he is making headway with Clemson basketball. Coach K said it very plainly , Brad Brownell is building a program at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Looked at the article closely and if am correct there are 3

Feb 21, 2014, 9:45 PM

coaches with winning records on the list. So I guess 15 sounds better than 12 so to make the article sound like there a more coaches on the HOT SEAT they added 3 to make the round number of 15. Even in the article the writer says Brownell's team had exceeded expectations and would be back next year. Why put him in this group other than to make it a bigger number to get more clicks on the article.

Who was the Dumb*** reporter

Feb 21, 2014, 10:07 PM

who asked BB that dumb ---
question anyway ??? It reminds me a little of Jim Gray . I would be embarrassed to even bring it up . Just shows ignorance and a lack of creativity , IMO . On the other hand , it has stimulated a thread of conversation so I guess he did his job .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2014, 10:54 PM

As a self proclaimed doubter of Brownell's style working here, I find that article or assumption that he is on the "hot seat" to be more than stupid. Even I can see that this man knows the game and how to teach it. I truly hope he continues to prove me wrong!

Feb 21, 2014, 11:04 PM

Did anyone take the time to look at the other coaches that are being said on the Hot Seat.

Oliver Purnell | DePaul

History: 40-80 in 4th season at DePaul, 0 NCAA tourney appearances

This season: 10-16

Why he is on the hot seat: Purnell is known for always getting out of a job before he feels any heat, not getting fired at any of his previous stops. But he's making a lot of money, and not showing any improvement. The Blue Demons haven't won more than 12 games in a season under Purnell, finishing in last place every season.

Will he survive it? No. It's not easy to win at DePaul, but Purnell hasn't given the program any reason to be optimistic. There have been decent individual pieces, but the team loses multiple seniors and doesn't bring in any recruits who will turn it around. He's making nearly two million dollars a year, which is too much for a coach that isn't winning.

This sounds just like the Oliver that pulled up in the middle of the night with the cupboard empty. Yes he won some games but, he quit on Clemson before he ever left. This is why Brownell has had a bad start at Clemson. He had nothing in the cupboard that resembles talent. IMO though, Brownell will restock with his type players, and prove all the nay Sayers completely wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With improvement this year it will be a measurement for next year

Feb 22, 2014, 11:57 AM

And them the hot seat will come.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic