Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buckeyes kept out because of the Scandal, not OU or UGa
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Buckeyes kept out because of the Scandal, not OU or UGa

Dec 2, 2018, 7:53 PM

I didn't watch the ranking shows, as I am to my saturation point with the ESPN talking heads, but during the games/halftime, I never heard one person talking about the impact of the pre-season scandal at Ohio St.

The CFP committee is comprised of people with integrity and love of the game. They may disagree about East Coast and SEC bias, but they are all honored to be there, and are going to protect the game. If there was any way to have a viable choice other than the Bucknuts, then Ohio State had no chance. Purdue sealed the deal, as the Committee would have had little choice if they had run the table. ESPN just plays up everyone's chance at that last spot, as controversy creates more viewers & revenue.

The very last thing the CFP would have CHOSEN to do was allow the narrative to be about violence toward women and the OSU being 'rewarded' with a spot in the Playoff with no real punishment for nearly a month until the Grand Finale of the season. That is why they finished behind 2-loss Georgia. They was no way they were going to get into why they picked Oklahoma over the Bucknuts in a televised discussion. Just bury it, move on to next season, and allow people more time to forget about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on and Purdue just made it easy for them***

Dec 2, 2018, 8:59 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spot on and Purdue just made it easy for them***

Dec 2, 2018, 9:02 PM

Thankfully so!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic