Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buckeye schedule strength.........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,264

Buckeye schedule strength.........

Nov 12, 2020, 7:16 AM

OSU is 3-0 vs teams with a combined 1-8 record, that's a haughty 12.5% winning %. Their remaining games are vs teams with a 5-7 record to date, making the total 6-15; 40% winning %.

Not that it matters as the "eye test" will be all that gets the Buckeyes in the CFP this year BUT that could create issues for them when they finally face quality opponents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt the Bucknuts schedule is weak

Nov 12, 2020, 7:36 AM

But they will be given the benefit of the doubt simply because they are "Ohio State".

The only challenge the Bucknuts may face is COVID-19. If they have an outbreak or otherwise have to cancel more games because of COVID-19 they may be in trouble. No one really knows how the CFP Committee is going to view the number of games played in regards to playoff resume but one would think if a team doesn't play at least 6 games it will put them at a disadvantage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can thank the BIG commissioner...

Nov 12, 2020, 8:29 AM

who not only started the season late with paired-down schedules, he didn't build any time into the schedules for make-up games necessitated by COVID-related postponements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If more games get canceled....

Nov 12, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to No doubt the Bucknuts schedule is weak ]

And they come up short with games played, they should go play the PAC 12 champ in the Rose Bowl and they can claim one of the ‘UCF’ or 1940s Bama championships to put on a t-shirt.
Leave the CFP for ACC, SEC & perhaps whatever Big12 team or Group of 5 team qualifies.

Re: Buckeye schedule strength.........

Nov 12, 2020, 7:46 AM

Good,that means when they finally face a team with some quality wins,they will fail.

Nov 12, 2020, 8:46 AM

Pretty sure people said the same things about us the past two years. I don't think it really affected us and I doubt it will them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 9:30 AM

A better question is, if OSU had to cancel their season, would Justin Fields still win the Heisman? As bad as they want to hand to him, I think so!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 10:26 AM

lol Fields would certainly still be in the running regardless of whether bucky plays or not. The only part of playing fewer games i dont like is they potentially could be fresher for a playoff game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or rusty-er . . . . .***

Nov 12, 2020, 10:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,264
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic