Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 83
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer

Sep 26, 2018, 11:10 AM

Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney comments on the news that senior quarterback Kelly Bryant will use the new redshirt rule, just days after being moved to a backup role to freshman Trevor Lawrence for this week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer

Sep 26, 2018, 11:13 AM

Dabo, I am proud you are our coach and you handled this situation with class and fairness!

Thank you!!!

Go Tigers!

Sep 26, 2018, 12:43 PM

Our QB situation is now... Starter Freshman, Backup Freshman... Stay healthy.. Go Tigers

Sep 26, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer ]

I stop by this forum from time to time as a Duke fan (and some ties to U of S Carolina ironically). I would only say that it appears to me that Trevor Lawrence makes the offense more dynamic. Period. Thus, Dabo, who I love for his Christian testimony, made the right decision.

While I feel for Kelly Bryant, this has nothing to do with fairness. It has nothing to do with the last four years. Bryant is very good, but Lawrence is better....today. And Clemson must operate today. I think Bryant is missing the point.

I wish him well....and do NOT look forward to my teams facing Trevor Lawrence.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:24 PM

Absolutely! TL is the full package at QB, and really an adequate runner/scrambler when he has to do it, but his abilities fit the talent we have on our roster to a T. KB was a better runner, but we have at least 4 RB's who are more than capable of being the primary running threats on this offense. I believe you will see a better offense with plays called that accentuate TL's skill set even more than has been displayed to date. Thanks for your post

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer ]

I stop by this forum from time to time as a Duke fan (and some ties to U of S Carolina ironically). I would only say that it appears to me that Trevor Lawrence makes the offense more dynamic. Period. Thus, Dabo, who I love for his Christian testimony, made the right decision.

While I feel for Kelly Bryant, this has nothing to do with fairness. It has nothing to do with the last four years. Bryant is very good, but Lawrence is better....today. And Clemson must operate today. I think Bryant is missing the point.

I wish him well....and do NOT look forward to my teams facing Trevor Lawrence.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer ]

I've been a Clemson fan for many years on Kelley Bryant our motor is all in I played the game and got benched it made me a much better player running away from problems will only make it worse hang in there guys you are winners

Bryant

Sep 27, 2018, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPYH5uk9Zh0

totallyyyyyyy
agree w/ this guy

Yes, this is just business

Sep 26, 2018, 11:14 AM

I like Dabo's comments at the end of the article. This is simply a business decision. Same way things work in the NFL.

I understand the emotional side of it for both the coaching staff and KB, but at the end of the day it's just business.

Re: Yes, this is just business

Sep 26, 2018, 11:26 AM

That's cool so can Kelly make a business decision as well based on what his personal goals are?? #AskingForAFriend

I believe that's what he's doing by transferring

Sep 26, 2018, 11:32 AM

Did I miss something?

It appears he didn't read your comment before replying

Sep 26, 2018, 12:00 PM

Seems to be the norm around here.

Re: I believe that's what he's doing by transferring

Sep 26, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to I believe that's what he's doing by transferring ]

Did KB have to trash the coaching staff in the process? Sob, whine. But he was "entitled" to start. Huh? Say what?? As a very average QB, KB was very lucky to have been carried along by outstanding teams around him. I hope that he doesn't let the door hit him in the butt on the way out. Good decision, Dabo.
We'll be fine.

Re: Yes, this is just business

Sep 26, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, this is just business ]

He just made one. Good luck to him. Maybe it will work out to be the right one for him, and I certainly hope so. Likewise, I believe we made the right decision for us, as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 11:15 AM

Everyone is disappointed with KB leaving. We all kept up with the Winter, Spring, and Summer and know that KB was given a fair shot Dabo. Thank you for being you and upfront and honest with not only the players but us fans as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 1:48 PM

I'm not at all disappointed by by leaving! A whiner and a pouter who can't deal with normal collegiate competition. Good riddance!

Sep 27, 2018, 10:48 AM

I am Disappointed that he turned out not to be the mature young man that I thought he was. I understand the transfer, but the comments show he is not the Leader that we thought! A true Leader would have never did that.

Love this coach!

Sep 26, 2018, 11:15 AM

Perfect answer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. So you agree that KB's decision should be respected.***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:29 AM

Re: Is this a question?

Sep 26, 2018, 12:14 PM

Because I do.

Not.

Dabo said he does. Do you disagree with Dabo?***

Sep 28, 2018, 7:01 AM

Re: Good. So you agree that KB's decision should be respected.***

Sep 27, 2018, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Good. So you agree that KB's decision should be respected.*** ]

To transfer? YES!

To make the comments that he did? He absolutely lost (not All, but a lot) of my respect for that!

Dabo said he's okay with Kelly's comments. Why aren't you?***

Sep 28, 2018, 1:02 PM

And just how do you expect KB to carry on through life

Sep 28, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Good. So you agree that KB's decision should be respected.*** ]

without YOUR respect? Seems like an impossible task for a mere mortal.

"At the end of the day, this isn't middle school."

Sep 26, 2018, 11:17 AM

Re: "At the end of the day, this isn't middle school."

Sep 26, 2018, 11:24 AM

I died laughing

Re: "At the end of the day, this isn't middle school."

Sep 26, 2018, 3:07 PM [ in reply to "At the end of the day, this isn't middle school." ]

Hilarious, and good point

Sep 26, 2018, 11:19 AM

Like I said earlier.He is a cry baby. Let him go and move on .

Sep 26, 2018, 1:49 PM

Amen!

Sep 26, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer ]

Bryant or Dabo?... it seems they are both being confronted with making uncomfortable decisions in their own self interst.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:55 AM

Yes, but Zerrick Cooper, Hunter Johnson, Scott Pagano and many others did it with CLASS, Like Dabo did. And I pull for them STILL!

Sep 26, 2018, 11:23 AM

Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney comments on the news that senior quarterback Kelly Bryant will use the new redshirt rule, just days after being moved to a backup role to freshman Trevor Lawrence for this week. Full Story »

I think Dabo knew in his heart that Kelly would transfer, and that was why he decided to do this before the 5th game and allowed KB2 to mull over this decision before he decided to play another down under the Paw.

And l don’t discredit either man’s decision, Dabo is doing what’s best for the program and KB2, and KB2 is doing what he thinks is best for himself.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:39 AM

This is really unfortunate. I guess he didn't follow what has gone on at Alabama. That's not the way their two QBs handled the change in the roster. Very unfortunate. KB will not make it as a QB in the pros. I would be surprised if he is even drafted.

Are we happy now?!

Sep 26, 2018, 11:40 AM

Because I'm NOT! I hope TL stays healthy through the remainder of the season! KB, I hope you find peace and happiness wherever you go! This is BS!It should not have come down to this! If TL gets hurt, then who will carry the torch!? Nobody else is capable of the job, BUT KB! Remember the hole that was dug and don't fall into it!(KARMA). I,m OUT!

Re: Are we happy now?!

Sep 26, 2018, 11:58 AM

You are out? Were you ever in? C'mon, what was CDS supposed to do? Keep the offense handcuffed? Or, let Kelly B. Trot out there for the 1st snap as the "Starter" then pull him for TL every game? Be realistic. KB made his choice, I hope he changes his mind, but either way I wish him well and Thank him for his contribution.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:07 PM

Seems this fellow (or lass) doesn't know the difference between a comma (,) and an apostrophe (').

:D

Sep 26, 2018, 1:05 PM

I'm OUT! Satisfied! Stop trolling my comments!

Sep 27, 2018, 10:59 AM

No one is Trolling you! You made a comment and people Responded. You sound like the troll.
PLEASE!!!!

I'd be out too if I made misdirected comments

Sep 26, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Are we happy now?! ]

you act like the fanbase wanted this and Swinney got on Tigernet and said, 'lets give the people what they want'. All that happened is Dabo evaluated the first 4 games and said TL gives us a better chance and will start, but KB will play. KB took that as a sign of betrayal and quit the team.

Sep 26, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Are we happy now?! ]

Tell that to KB---he created this situation.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Are we happy now?! ]

Yeah, we’re are all the cheer leaders talking about how the coaches got this down to a science. Wish we still had hunter, oh well

Truely disappointed KB made this all about him and his

Sep 26, 2018, 11:44 AM

lack of understanding or acceptance about what competition and effectiveness on the field is all about. Like a child, he decides that if he can't pitch, he'll just take his ball and go home! From day one, no player is guaranteed a thing and each player has to earn there reps. What a slap in the face to Dabo suggesting he didn't get a fair shot when Dabo bends over backwards to make sure EVERY player gets a fair shot, because that's who he is!! If every player who ever had his starting spot taken quit the team, we'd have no team!!! A great Chinese philosopher once said, "There is no "I" in TEAM"!! : )

KB is one injury to TL to being the starter again and there is always the opportunity for him to play his way back in, but nope, let's just turn your back on the players and coaches that have supported you for 4 years! Let's quit and jeopardize a potential championship run for your TEAM because you got your feelings hurt!! I think you got it backwards who slapped who in the face KB!!

Does he think he's going to another D-1 school after 4 games, learn their play book and just become the starter? Does he think he's gonna get PT at a D-2 school for some NFL film?? I mean, other than sour grapes, what's his objective in leaving?

Oh well, here's to TL staying healthy and some real fan support for Brice to play his butt off when his reps come!!

Go Tigers!!!!

Re: Truely disappointed KB made this all about him and his

Sep 26, 2018, 11:46 AM

Confucious?

Sep 26, 2018, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Truely disappointed KB made this all about him and his ]

Well put. I'm not mad at him as A) I made a whole lot of poor choices when I was his age, and 2) He should probably take stock of who is giving him advice. This reeks of poor advice from someone. Can he go to Furman or Citadel next year and tear ur up, sure. But why?

Message was edited by: jarheadtiger®

He just being "me" Kelly B Whooop!

Sep 26, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Truely disappointed KB made this all about him and his ]

Monday, Swinney said no one has been more committed to the program. Today he's transferring.

Very well said...

Sep 26, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Truely disappointed KB made this all about him and his ]

time will tell but I firmly believe he'll end up at Arkansas and I bet phone records would show he spoke with Chad Morris and that was a big driver in his decision making. Its a golden opportunity for Morris to have him next season and KB knows Morris will give him free reign at Arkansas.

Re: Very well said...

Sep 26, 2018, 2:22 PM

A "golden opportunity" for Arkansas?? KB just got soundly beat out at QB at Clemson. No contest! So Arkansas wants our leftovers?? They must be in terrible shape. Where did this fiction that KB is a top D-1 QB originate? He just legitimately lost his job to a Freshman!! Anyone recall our NC game against Alabama where they loaded the LOS and dared KB to pass on them? How did that turn out for us? Imagine them trying that against TL. Mature players realize that college football is a competetive sport where players compete against one another for playing time. It's really not like cub-scout football where everyone gets to play in order to make mommies happy. For Dabo to operate on any other premise would e a betrayal of the team, the university, and the fan base. This is big-boy football, and KB needs to grow up and face this. I wish KB the best, but am frankly glad that he is gone from Clemson.

Re: Very well said...

Sep 26, 2018, 3:47 PM

Ole miss benefitted from our left overs why not the razor backs

Arkansas lost two weeks ago 44-17...

Sep 26, 2018, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Very well said... ]

to North Texas. They are Colorado State's ONLY win. Their only win is over a winless FCS team.

Yeah, they're in bad shape, and Kelly won't be enough to save them.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Truely disappointed KB made this all about him and his ]

Great post. IMHO, Brice is a better QB than Kelly Bryant.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:50 AM

Of course Swinney is saddened and disappointed about KB transfering out, every member of a team is valuable and is apart of a family, but in the end it seems as if KB can’t handle being backup again.

He’s good, but with only one year of eligibility left TL is the future.

I had a coach come to me my senior of high school after being on the varsity softball team my junior year, and explain to me that a 7th grader was much better than me and that they had to make the difficult decision to give her my spot on the team. It happens everyday , it’s just all about how you handle it. I wish he would have handled it a little better than he did but wishing him the best of luck wherever he decides to transfer.

This is good for all

Sep 26, 2018, 11:54 AM

Let KB move on and hopefully enjoy playing football one more year where ever. Then he can put his Clemson degree to use. Let Clemson move on and utilize the many long range talents we have for something more than screens and 5-10 yd sideline passes, while also utilizing the RB's to run the ball through a now spread out defense that has to play the whole field versus a 10 yard swath All while further developing a star QB. I'll take the initial freshman risk/high reward over regular 3 and outs and a QB who runs looks to run himself before plays can develop.

well, I guess he wants to play full time elsewhere, NFL and

Sep 26, 2018, 11:55 AM

Is our third string now second string QB good ? Really have not been paying attention to him. He is now VERY important (not that he wasn't before, but now he is only an injury away from being THE QB.

Re: well, I guess he wants to play full time elsewhere, NFL and

Sep 26, 2018, 12:05 PM

Brice has a lot of upside to develop. One thing about it, he will get a lot more practice snaps with the starters rather than throwing to the 2nd string athletic trainers.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:47 PM

Hunter has been singing Brice’s praise all along. Running the scout team Hunter has said Brice knows the playbook better than anyone. Here’s to hoping he is right

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 26, 2018, 2:32 PM [ in reply to well, I guess he wants to play full time elsewhere, NFL and ]

To answer: Brice, in my humble opinion is better than KB, and will now be given a chance to demonstrate this now that the false mystique of KB is over. If KB ever plays a day in the NFL, then I'll suit up and go try out with the Patriots at middle guard. And, I weigh 165!

Sep 26, 2018, 12:00 PM

I'm good with kb moving on. If he doesnt want to be a team player then fine move along. Seems that hes ok with p1, getting to run out first . But as soon as that's taken from him, he bolts. Then makes false statements about how he was treated. I also want to point out that "former" players .....have made mention of this as well. Playcalling etc. Between tl and kb. It was for THIS game. Not a lifetime starting contact. Ol well.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:49 PM

Hasn't this been the pattern since the Spring game where TL completely outshone KB?? And now this pattern continues well into the season? I mean, how much evidence do the Bryant apologists need to see??
My god, this is not politics. What is Dabo supposed to do once a player separates as clearly as TL has?? And now, rather than buckle down and compete, KB whines and pouts as if he was somehow entitled to start. What?? Why would he come to an elite program like ours, and not expect to face competition. It says volumes about his character, that now honestly beaten out out of his starting role, he chooses to blame others, and quit and run. I say good riddance!

The best advice my Grandmother gave me ... in your anger, be silent.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:08 PM

I love KB and wish him the best. I don’t begrudge him for transferring and wanting to be the starter for another year somewhere else.

But he needs to measure his words carefully, especially now. His belief that he didn’t get a fair shot and felt like the decision was a slap in the face may be how he feels (although I don’t agree with it), but he should not be airing that all over the media.

You only get one exit, and people will remember you for your graciousness, or lack thereof, and it has a way of tainting your history and how people remember you.

Dabo has always been transparent about competition, and he made a business decision based on his, and other coaches observations of player performances, trends, and evaluations. Period. Nothing more, nothing less. They do it all the time.

Dabo made the decision now because it is warranted now. But also to give Kelley the opportunity to transfer if he wants to. Most coaches would not have done that.

I wish Kelley the best, but he may be tarnishing his whole history at Clemson with his negative words. IMO it would be wise for KB to thank Clemson and the coaches for his time at Clemson, and say he wants to transfer to play more since he’s already earned his degree.

Good Luck Kelley B!!

Sep 26, 2018, 12:11 PM

Bryant was given plenty of fairness, in my opinion. He was awarded the starting position over a five-star freshman last year and held the job all season. This year he was able to hold on at the start of the season, but Lawrence is a different kind of beast and showed the world his talent last weekend.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:13 PM

I respect both the coaching decision to start Lawrence and Kelly making the decision to transfer. It is a tough situation all around. But the truth is Lawrence makes this team better, improving our chances at an FBS nod, and improving the NFL stock of those around him.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:02 PM

Any respect I had for him is gone. Adults in the modern world have to live with their words, and his statements regarding our coaching staff are totally classless, inappropriate, and false. Any D-1 school signing this guy is in, my humble opinion, taking a major chance. You can be a diva, but if you do, you had better have the talent to back it up. He doesn't!

Sep 26, 2018, 12:29 PM

Not a good look for Kelly B to smear the coaches on his way out. He overachieved to get to where got. He got his opportunities and made the most of them, but he was never the most talented quarterback on the team. I don't think there's anybody that doesn't appreciate Kelly B's heart, but come on, man. Either stick it out and support your team the best you can or thank the program for the opportunity and dip out. No reason to bitxh about it.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:45 PM

Did you feel that way about Hunter Johnson?

Sep 26, 2018, 1:05 PM

Hunter didn't leave in the middle of the season

Sep 26, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer ]

And he didn't leave ripping our coaching staff as dear Kelly has done. So glad he gone. A poisonous
influence on our team.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney 'saddened and disappointed' by Bryant transfer ]

Great post. You nailed it. I totally agree.

Re: Decisions,decisions

Sep 26, 2018, 12:48 PM

Life is full of them. A decision a teenager or a 20 something makes is a learning marker. You always live by yours. Was everyone choices at this age correct all the time? I know not all of mine were but this is called experience. Only Kelly Bryant's play on the field wherever he goes will bear out answers. Good luck to him, move forward and don't look back for him and for the Tigers.

Re: Decisions,decisions

Sep 26, 2018, 3:30 PM

Yes, I made some bad choices as a younger person, but I had to live with them and suffer the consequences. I wish KB no ill, but reserve the right to question his motives and character, especially after he has viciously attacked our coaching staff. I think that this was false on his part, and as a loyal Clemson fan I have a right to respond to it. As Harry Truman once said, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." Maybe KB, if he is too "tender" to endure honest responses to his insulting comments, should shut up and get out "the kitchen." Otherwise, he should big-boy up and expect responses to his ridiculous accusations. At the bottom line, this is all about some misguided sense of entitlement---"well, he started last year, so he has the right to start year." Huh? Really? How could any program expect to win with this philosophy?? Adios KB. Good luck. Now, let's get on with our program.

Fair Shot???!!!

Sep 26, 2018, 12:50 PM

I think KB's transfer was inevitable and I share Dabo's feelings. My main disappointment is KB's statement that "he wasn't a fair shot." But I take into consideration his youth and his state of mind. This is just one of life's many adjustments necessary when you learn that everything does not always go your way. A lesson it seems many of the youth of today don't want to accept.
Best of luck KB.

Most time, it's not who you start, but

Sep 26, 2018, 1:09 PM

how you finish. TAMU game is a good example. He's still got time to reconsider. I sure hope he does. Frankly, two days is not enough time to make this type of decision. I'd love to go back to many I made and took more time. I'd feel better about a lot of them even if i did not change it.

LOL at KB not feeling like he got a fair shot.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:00 PM

He has had three years of practices and games to prove himself. He played tons of snaps last year as the starter, received feedback from our expert coaches, and had ample time to work on his game.

The bottom line is that he's a freaking SENIOR who still can't consistently read defenses, who has a slow release on his throws, who cannot consistently hit passes longer than 10 yards, and who tucks the ball and runs way too often.

KB has done a lot for us. It stinks that he lost his starting job to a true freshman, but he did, and it has nothing to do with him not being given a fair shot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL at KB not feeling like he got a fair shot.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:03 PM

Here come da'judge -- here come da' judge -- here come da' judge tell em judge !!!!!!!

I agree 100%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% GO TIGERS !!!!!!

Re: LOL at KB not feeling like he got a fair shot.

Sep 26, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to LOL at KB not feeling like he got a fair shot. ]

Right! But according to KB, he was robbed. Really?? How long will he whine and #####? Can anyone on this site even maintain that KB is even in the same class as TL as a QB? Is this even debatable?? If so, please point out how!!

Preach it!***

Sep 26, 2018, 8:35 PM [ in reply to LOL at KB not feeling like he got a fair shot. ]

Taking a look at the "fair shot" he has gotten

Sep 26, 2018, 3:23 PM

This article sums it up best. Kelly Bryant has done great things for Clemson, but he has definitely had his chance to succeed.
https://clemsonpaws.com/kelly-bryant-transfer-ramifications/

Sep 26, 2018, 4:08 PM

In what demented idea of fandom is it acceptable for Dabo to put his team and career ahead of Kelly Bryant’s and control the narrative to make it ‘all in’ and Kelly Bryant not need to do what is best for himself?

Sep 26, 2018, 4:40 PM

Didn’t see Alex Spence quit when he went from starter to 3rd string .... just saying.

Sep 26, 2018, 4:40 PM

Didn’t see Alex Spence quit when he went from starter to 3rd string .... just saying.

My take on this

Sep 26, 2018, 4:53 PM

Be disappointed
Be alil' concerned if you like.
Be hurt if you want.

But get over it AFTER today, and
lets move on- Our offense is fixing
to explode.

Disappointed in "words KB choose to use"!

Sep 26, 2018, 6:26 PM

I said from the beginning of this; unless a kid who was 16-2 in 18 starts just flopped flat on his face; he should be treated with respect. He isn't the best QB for Clemson if we want an explosive offense. I was one of the long hold outs who thought he should get a longer look before getting the hook. I really don't like all the statements he made about it not being fair though. I think it was as fair as fair can get. Play other teams who haven't been in camp with us to see if one of you excels or not. Well, TL excelled. KB didn't play horrible and at times even played well! Just not at the level TL played. So, no indictment on KB as far as I could see. He just was not to orchestrate the offense in as many explosive plays! And really, that's the biggest separation. KB is safe but playing safe won't beat Alabama or Ohio State.

I still wish KB well; but he really has left a bad impression by some of the statements. Instead of saying: "I enjoyed my time here, I love my Clemson family and I learned a lot here. I appreciate the coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to compete at an institution like Clemson"! Something along those lines! SMH and disappointed at that piece of all this!

I thought he was better than that!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disappointed in "words KB choose to use"!

Sep 26, 2018, 7:27 PM

What happens if TL gets hurt? And it is common sense to understand he is a target now....I don't know how this is going to go, I hope we win out but we have no depth anymore at QB

Re: Disappointed in "words KB choose to use"!

Sep 26, 2018, 7:39 PM

"What if...... " Come on, just like Dabo said, players play and coaches coach. Can't worry about what if's.

best case scenario really.......

Sep 27, 2018, 9:48 AM

KB can transfer to a school that can showcase his run first throw second skills and Clemson can finally stretch the field with TL intermediate and deep balls, opening up the run game. Running backs should be the happiest. Hopefully KB will get picked up by an NFL team that can use his running ability talents. A pro qb he is not.

Replies: 83
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic