Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryant 22-30 238 yards 1 TD and no INT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Bryant 22-30 238 yards 1 TD and no INT

Nov 11, 2017, 7:08 PM

If Renfrow and Cain hang on to well-placed passes. Against FSU, nonetheless.

What am I missing here? Why is everyone surprised or shocked with this performance?

He has been what he has been all season; a 65-67% passer that is going to give you 50-70 yards on the ground and a few high throws and missed deep passes.

I personally thought he played a solid game for what he has demonstrated this season. The two drops absolutely killed his stats on what would have been 20 and 67 yard receptions, respectfully.

On to the next.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 7:11 PM

Actually it was 151 yards passing

Nov 11, 2017, 7:40 PM

It is what it is. He's a running threat and mediocre passing threat, with virtually no confidence in his long ball ability. I know he can throw the long ball, I've seen him do it. He just can't seem to find success there now.

If that's what our coaches want, then who am I to complain? If I were coaching against Kelly I would try to stop the run and make Clemson beat me on the pass.

I would prefer to watch a legitimate passing qb and run the backs. I think that would be more entertaining, but this isn't about entertainment, it's about winning football games.

I love the Tigers and will keep watching until I die. It's just stressful this year with all the WR talent and 151 yards passing.

Go Tigers! Keep winning!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going to assume that you "actually" didn't read any of

Nov 11, 2017, 7:48 PM

My post.

Starting with the first sentence.

Lol.

Re: I'm going to assume that you "actually" didn't read any of

Nov 11, 2017, 7:54 PM

Sorry. My bad.

My SAT English wasn't the highest score ever posted. 40 years later and I still haven't learned to read the entire selection before answering the following questions.

Another disturbing trend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant 22-30 238 yards 1 TD and no INT

What meaningful pass did he complete other than the fake pitch designed play to Greenle?

Nov 11, 2017, 7:15 PM

Wow, what meaningful pass? Watch the game next time, then I won't have to give you a play by play. He completed passes to 12 different receivers tonight. 12. The only thing about tonight's game is that the staff did not attack in the 2nd half on offense, they played conservative, again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of them are meaningful...

Nov 11, 2017, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant 22-30 238 yards 1 TD and no INT ]

every one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^THIS^^^

Nov 11, 2017, 7:23 PM

He was simply executing the playcalls that were asked of him.

I'll be danged. Holding the ball and taking a sack for a

Nov 11, 2017, 7:29 PM

loss is a playcall?

exactly

Nov 11, 2017, 8:44 PM [ in reply to All of them are meaningful... ]

please stop making so much cents. tardnet can’t handle real world facts. the only way they wood recognize a football is if it was shoved up their a$$

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Did you watch the game?

Nov 11, 2017, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant 22-30 238 yards 1 TD and no INT ]

Several of them, clearly.

People need to realize that we aren't simply pulling playcalling out of our ###, although TNET seems to think so. Dabo doesn't have an "Ask Madden" option.

Coverage is going to dictate playcalling. It's chess, not checkers. Sometimes we outsmart ourselves. Sometimes we look brilliant.

Once the safeties finally were forced closer to the line of scrimmage to help in run support we called the PERFECT playcall to take the top off of them and Bryant delivered what would have been a haymaker.

All I'm saying when you judge the kids performance is keep in mind these anomalous situations (especially Renfrow) skewed his stat line.

Objectively, he had a very solid game.

Now, we have got to clean up that goal-line read crap. Can't be fumbling and miscommunicating in those circumstances.

Re: Did you watch the game?

Nov 11, 2017, 7:26 PM

So we had several meaningful passes completed by our QB. Several long runs that set up our touchdowns. How ever did we manage to struggle on offense then? If the defender doesn't fall down on that hypothetical TD it's probably picked or broken up so...

Nov 11, 2017, 7:43 PM

After 9 wins, why in the health are you still complaining??????? Geeeeeeez.........

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 7:51 PM

This team has the talent and opportunity to win it all. I don't want to see it squandered. Is that so hard to understand? If we had a just a top 25 QB we would be favored to win the National Championship. We have highly recruited QBs coming out of ears on the depth chart. There are at least 88 QBs in division 1 that have passed for more TDs than Kelly. At WRU! You have to be dense to not see a problem there.

Panther, the point of my post is questioning where all the

Nov 11, 2017, 8:07 PM

surprise and drama is coming from regarding his performance?

To quote the late great Dennis Green, "They are what we thought they were."

Bryant has played solid football for us imo, this game not being an exception outside of the two miscommunications and bad exchanges on the goal-line. He was never going to be a great passer. We knew that. With that being said, his running has been outstanding for us and has gotten us out of several jams including tonight's game.

Re: Panther, the point of my post is questioning where all the

Nov 11, 2017, 8:14 PM

The drama is coming because so many are finally to admit it to themselves. The writing has been on the wall for several games. Your version of solid sounds more like not making mistakes rather than actually being average at QB. Well he has thrown almost as many INTs as TDs. Has fumble a few times this season as well. He is not improving as a passer and that will keep a talented team from what they could achieve if he had an average arm.

Could you please give us the rushing yards the 88 have

Nov 11, 2017, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you watch the game? ]

and also their team’s record and rank. Thanks in advance for the info.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's regressing and losing confidence with each game. That's what my eyes tell me

Nov 11, 2017, 7:12 PM

didn't you just post this same nonsense? c'mon man..pure comedy...

Nov 11, 2017, 7:14 PM

In this game and NCST, the bad outweighed the good. Period.

Nov 11, 2017, 7:16 PM

Not sure how wrong you can be on this. 22-30 tonight, that's what, 71%? With a couple of BIG drops? Man, the whiners are truly out tonight.

Nov 11, 2017, 7:28 PM

He was 20-30 for 151. Dropped passes are on the receivers, but what about the two fumbles, the overthrows and the poor decisions to keep the ball? Look at the whole game. I stand by my words. Not his best, nor was last week. I like KB, but it’s time for him to step up, be confident and lead this team.

I'm not impressed with completion percentage when they are

Nov 11, 2017, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant 22-30 238 yards 1 TD and no INT ]

mostly dump passes. Also, taking sacks with wide open receivers and fumbling doesn't impress me too much.

Nov 11, 2017, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant 22-30 238 yards 1 TD and no INT ]

Ok, 67%, I was just going by the other guy posting the stats.

He cannot throw the deep ball. We will get exposed badly in the playoffs because of that. If not sooner.

Can’t have turnovers. Cain has got to step up

and help him out

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, the fumbles are another issue entirely

Nov 11, 2017, 7:54 PM

Until this game we didn't seem to have very many issues with our exchanges. Need to rep that a few more times this week, I'm sure.

When the ball is there we need to catch it. Period. The guys know Kelly's inconsistencies at times throwing so we are going to need our WR to step up down the stretch.

As long as Kelly remains healthy in the run game we will continue to be a dynamic offense.

Guys, he was never going to be Deshaun or an elite passe. We all knew that. The dramatic overreactions to a few missed passes I find laughable.

The kid ain't perfect but he can #### well play some ball. Best running QB we have had since Dantzler and can string together some nice throws when we can protect and he can set his feet.

Re: Exactly, the fumbles are another issue entirely

Nov 11, 2017, 8:19 PM

Continue to be a dynamic offense? At what point this year have we been a dynamic offense? This offense is anything but dynamic. The fact that you think that takes any credibility you had away. Against a power 5 team, this offense has looked good once. At Louisville. But who doesn’t look good against Louisville? If our defense wasn’t so good, we would have lost 3 or 4 games, and that’s because of our “dynamic “ offense.

perhaps part of the reason we are so conservative

Nov 11, 2017, 8:54 PM

Is because we can typically depend on the defense

He was actually 20-30 for 151 yds***

Nov 11, 2017, 7:17 PM

Clemson defense = the mistake eraser

Nov 11, 2017, 7:19 PM

Except for Cuse game where all phases stunk.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 7:27 PM

Another more convincing win this year than last year.

Nov 11, 2017, 7:33 PM

Never win a national championship with KB. Sorry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 7:44 PM

Well, I guess we should just stop playing and stay home since KB can't pass the ball....ever. You guys are a piece of work.

Dabo should have put Johnson in after halftime.

Nov 11, 2017, 7:42 PM

signed
dummies

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 7:44 PM

yikes !! alot of revisionist history in these posts.

when i said KB was solid, donald trump told me it was "fake news"

I love KB and his toughness, but unless he gets more

Nov 11, 2017, 7:46 PM

consistent on 3rd down throws and just better on downfield throws we won't beat anyone in the playoff. Our WR corps is negated when we can't get the ball to them when they are behind the secondary.

If we could, this offense becomes explosive and we can beat anybody.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love KB and his toughness, but unless he gets more

Nov 11, 2017, 7:48 PM

100% accurate

...not really.

Nov 11, 2017, 8:31 PM

KB remindes me of Cullen Harper

Nov 11, 2017, 7:51 PM

Has OK stats but can't finish drives. Terrible on third and long.

Coot stay tuned for Nov. 25th!!***

Nov 11, 2017, 8:51 PM

Nov 11, 2017, 7:53 PM

We never would have beat a FSU with the QB they had last year.

Coots would never beat FSU!***

Nov 11, 2017, 8:52 PM

Nov 11, 2017, 7:57 PM

All of those were short Dump passes and a significant portion of the yards came after the catch. Even the announcers were constantly talking about how inaccurate he has become on the intermediate and long passes. They showed a stat where he was 1 of the last 18 on his passes for anything 15+ yards in the last 2 games. I doubt it is any better after tonight. At this point, a team that can shut down the run and force him to throw will wear down the D and likely beat us.

Nov 11, 2017, 8:21 PM

I'm sorry but this is a dumb post. I always visit this forum but felt like it was time to make a account to address this post. Multiple things wrong here all he did was throw dinks and dunks. He has one of the worse yards per pass attempt and also please name another QB in the top 25 who hasn't thrown for at least 10 tds? Kelly is sitting a whopping 7 with 5 ints. Please do not to try to tell us he is a good passer. The eye test can tell you he's not. We are all Clemson fans here but it comes a time to face reality and tell the truth for what it is.

Nov 11, 2017, 8:29 PM

84th in Yatds per attempt.
Top 20 in completion percentage.
That is not a good split at all.

Nov 11, 2017, 8:33 PM

The eye test is simple:

KB is getting worse--they have figured him out----the defense gets tired with the number of plays of the field

we will not win a play off game with QB as QB. If you cannot pass over 10 yards you will not win a play off game

Nov 11, 2017, 8:41 PM

Yep should have been over 200 with those 2 plays. He had some missed throws but give FSU credit they got pressure on him and forces a lot of the bad throws.

Yup, several pressures by FSU

Nov 11, 2017, 8:48 PM

Our offensive line certainly didn't play perfectly.

Re: Yup, several pressures by FSU

Nov 11, 2017, 8:50 PM

Our OL is playing as about as well as any in the country. 26th best in tackles for loss allowed per game.

Yeah but KB avoids tackles well***

Nov 11, 2017, 9:12 PM

Yeah but KB avoids tackles well***

Nov 11, 2017, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Yup, several pressures by FSU ]

Re: Yup, several pressures by FSU

Nov 11, 2017, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Yup, several pressures by FSU ]

They are very good. We are lucky to have them but that doesn't mean FSU didn't get pressure. Our RT hurt us some and Etienne in pass pro. FSU has great talent and a dang good DC. They played us good on D. Some was FSU, some was play calling, some was on pass pro, some was on the wrs, and some was on KB. He is still a winner and has proven it. I am okay with stats being down if the D plays well and the O scores in crunch time. I don't think we have to do anything different to win it all.

our yards per play was pathetic***

Nov 11, 2017, 9:28 PM

Nov 11, 2017, 10:14 PM

I am more concerned about the fumbles and bad reads on the read-option plays. I am no expert but it seems like KB chooses incorrectly a statistically significant amount of the time. A lot of our runs for lost yardage are on plays where he is not reading the DE's hips/shoulders correctly. These plays can be a 15 yard swing easily if you pick wrong and the ball carrier gets swallowed up behind the line instead of a big gain. This is one of the things that DW4 did really well but never got much credit for.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic