Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell listed on the hot seat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Brownell listed on the hot seat

May 18, 2016, 12:33 PM

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/05/18/looking-forward-which-coaches-will-enter-2016-17-on-the-hot-seat/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell listed on the hot seat

May 18, 2016, 12:38 PM

Wonder if BB is interested in the Matthews kid from Kentucky who is transferring? He was a top 100 prospect in high school

Mackey and the "Blind Brownell Brigade"

May 18, 2016, 12:50 PM

won't like this. Actually, since it's all "Lucky Dabo's" fault that he can't win, he has at least 3-4 more seasons to milk it. Relax, Mackey probably has 20 more apologetic blogs to write praising Brownell.

Re: Mackey and the "Blind Brownell Brigade"

May 18, 2016, 1:10 PM

Yawn its this troll again everyone.

The sad little chicken loser that is not only pretending to be a Clemson fan but a female as well.

Very sad

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

he got called a girl...a lot

May 18, 2016, 1:11 PM

apparently - just another jealous cocklover

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Can't get any hotter. NCAA or gone this year I'm thinking.***

May 18, 2016, 2:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if Blossomgame surprises and goes pro?

May 18, 2016, 2:20 PM

Radakovich invested heavily in Coach B and gave him the green light to go after transfers primarily and shun the high school kids understanding that it would delay improvement. Don't think he's in a hurry to say he was wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if Blossomgame surprises and goes pro?

May 18, 2016, 2:33 PM

doesn't matter if he says it. He's already been proven wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2016, 2:53 PM [ in reply to What if Blossomgame surprises and goes pro? ]

Even if Bloss comes back at best we would be a bubble team and fad away fast come Feb.
This season will be about the same as its been for the last 3 years.
Play like crap, then play good and just tank the last mouth of the season.

May 18, 2016, 2:57 PM

AND ON TOP OF THAT I HEAR COACH BROWNELL WILL CHRISTEN THE NEW LITTLEJOHN BY WEARING PLEATED KHAKIS AND A GRAY SWEATSHIRT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2016, 3:47 PM

Pleated khakis are ghey

May 18, 2016, 4:16 PM

So you're saying Dabo is ghey? He rocks those pleated khakis

;)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

May 18, 2016, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: What if Blossomgame surprises and goes pro? ]

Good lord

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Brownell hasn't shunned high school kids.

May 18, 2016, 3:19 PM [ in reply to What if Blossomgame surprises and goes pro? ]

He has gone after plenty of high schoolers, signed some of them, and missed on others. He has found some skilled transfers who bring more to the table than signing a high school player just to sign one. Nothing wrong with that.

In case you weren't aware, all programs have transfers - into their program, out of their program, or both. The numbers have grown significantly over the last few years.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Out of 7 available scholarships over the last two years

May 18, 2016, 3:31 PM

he has signed only 2 high school players.

Today is the end of the Spring signing period. Do you anticipate him signing any high school players today?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make that 8 total scholarships.***

May 18, 2016, 3:53 PM

No, I don't.

May 18, 2016, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Out of 7 available scholarships over the last two years ]

But that's not for lack of trying. He hasn't made a conscious decision not to recruit high school players. It simply hasn't worked out to get the players he wanted so he turned to the transfer market.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

"so he turned to the transfer market."

May 18, 2016, 6:13 PM

Aren't we saying the same thing?

I guess your point is that at least he is trying. My point is, effort alone is good(though I don't see much in that regard), but the results are the same as the results a lack of effort would produce.

I agree with that. His recruiting has been disappointing for the most part.

May 18, 2016, 7:28 PM

I'm hoping the new facilities will help, but it won't matter unless we have a good season this year. I don't see how he can keep his job with anything less than an NCAA berth this year.

Blossomgame not being back, if that occurs, should NOT be used as a reason to keep him another year.

Re: Brownell listed on the hot seat

May 18, 2016, 3:51 PM

Hoping for a great season , possibly an NCAA bid and a really decent showing in the ACC Tournament.

DB23

His buyout drops from 4 mill. to 3.5 mill. He's not going

May 19, 2016, 7:44 AM

anywhere for a while. Hope the transfers can make a big difference.

What's this 3-4 years in a row, now?***

May 19, 2016, 1:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic