Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell is here for two more years and is not going
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Brownell is here for two more years and is not going

Feb 28, 2013, 9:05 PM

anywhere some of you need to get over yourselves and grow up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

he's not going anywhere obviously

Feb 28, 2013, 9:07 PM

but I'm really concerned when your best player is leaving and the remaining players have a LONG LONG ways to go....that display tonight was awful and the scary part is NC really played awful in the second half. If they continued to play good they blow us out. We had a chance to win it and our poor play just kept getting in the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he's not going anywhere obviously

Feb 28, 2013, 9:24 PM

Next years team will clearly be the worst we have seen in a long time! That's saying alot, because we have been bad for a while.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell's future rides on the backs of the players yet to

Feb 28, 2013, 9:55 PM [ in reply to he's not going anywhere obviously ]

play at Clemson: Blossomgame, Rooks, and Ajukwa. If these guys are a clear cut above anybody we have now, then Brownell will be back after next year. However, if a couple of these guys don't really shine (and I don't mean like KJ McDaniels or Coleman did last year, I mean really shine), then I'm not so sure there is any reason to bring Brownell back for another year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

next yr is critical to him being here long term

Feb 28, 2013, 9:57 PM

you've got to show a .500 record in league play and at least an NIT bid to show that you're progressing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely, and that would have been 4 full years and things

Feb 28, 2013, 10:03 PM

still not back where they were when he got here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Brownell is here for two more years and is not going

Feb 28, 2013, 9:25 PM

Nothing is set in stone these days. The two years mention I hope never materialize!!! He has talent but no direction on how to coach them up it seems..........

Feb 28, 2013, 9:28 PM

He has talent?!?!?!..... ### are you watching.

null

What cuss word is 3 letters, other than

Feb 28, 2013, 9:34 PM

a$$??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: What cuss word is 3 letters, other than

Feb 28, 2013, 9:35 PM

w t f

null

Oh lol. That gets bleeped out??***

Feb 28, 2013, 9:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Feb 28, 2013, 9:25 PM

How do you know this?

Feb 28, 2013, 9:28 PM

Because its common sense something this board lacks.

null

Palmettoson wants every Clemson coach fired

Feb 28, 2013, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is here for two more years and is not going ]

that is his solution to all problems, just fire everyone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Palmettoson wants every Clemson coach fired

Feb 28, 2013, 10:01 PM

palmetto should stick to figuring out how to dh anyone other than a pitcher and studying on how to get us a left handed shortstop

Feb 28, 2013, 9:34 PM

I thought you were going to end that with .... And will never field a competitive team that wins

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

problem is if we have another bad yr next yr then you're

Feb 28, 2013, 9:38 PM

going to see the fan base turn on him in ticket sales and it's hard to come back...then you're in yr 5 with a 1/2 empty arena.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:02 PM

Question for you and others. What has Brownell done to deserve to keep this job? Just wondering what your logic is for giving him a two more year guarantee. I think if he doesn't do anything next year, then he should be and will be done. The future looks pretty bleak by the way. Best and only low post threat leaving, terrible guard play (Hall and Filer combined for 10 points, 3 assists, and 8 turnovers tonight), and putting a lot on guys that have never played at Clemson. By the way, I haven't openly bashed Brownell all year so you can't use the argument that I am a dumper.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:03 PM

Because firing a coach before he has a chance to even have a senior class is idiotic.

Thank god people like you dont run an Athletic Dept.

null

agreed....now next yr is so important...hopefully we

Feb 28, 2013, 10:04 PM

show some progress.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is here for two more years and is not going ]

Which is clearly why I said to give him next year, but if there is no improvement and things continue to go downhill as it looks they will, then he shouldn't get five seasons. Try to read a little before making dumb comments like "Thank god people like you don't run an athletic department". My question was, "what has he done to deserve to keep this job"? Which you have still failed to answer even though you think you have. If your answer was truly on "b/c firing a coach after 3 years (when I suggested 4) is idiotic" than thank god you don't run an athletic department.

What recruits has he brought in that make you optimistic about the future? What close games have we won that he has outcoached anyone?

Feb 28, 2013, 10:18 PM

Well lets see his two best guards are out this year with injury. Dont let that little fact get in your way though.

Lets also ad in the fact that Clemson's facilities are probably ranked 10-12 in the league right now and are probably going to slide to 12-14 next year when the new teams come in.

FACT Clemson is not a place that can bring in impact freshmen with our facilities and tradition. EVERY sucessful Clemson team has had great upperclassmen. Look at Purnells best teams.

Brownell is not recruiting on a level any different that OP. Mostly 3 star players with a few 4 stars mixed in.

There are your reasons.

null

Feb 28, 2013, 10:22 PM

You clearly didn't do well in school with answering questions, did you? I asked what has Brownell done to deserve two more years. Not what excuses can you make for the guy. And don't let the little fact get in the way that one of the "guards" (although he is clearly a forward) has never played a game at Clemson. We had some high hopes for Jennings and that clearly worked out well. You can't make excuses for Brownell based off an 18 yo kid that has never played a minute of college basketball. So please try to actually answer the question this time.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:25 PM

Jesus you are an idiot.

He has shown when he has a team with Seniors and nice leadership that he can win. OP left the cup board VERY empty after his wife made him leave because he was having a affair.

He is basically having to rebuild due to that FACT above.

You are too ignorant to see this so I am going to call it a night.

It sickens me to see pathetic "fans" like you and Fardog so excited to see Clemson lose. Just so you can come and stand on your little soap box. So glad pathetic losers like you two will never attend a class at Clemson let alone graduate.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

Feb 28, 2013, 10:30 PM

I can prove I went to Clemson and graduated. Can you?

Feb 28, 2013, 10:31 PM

I can and I have before.

You are pathetic. Get off your soap box and actually pull for Clemson for a change. I bet you about had an ###### when the final whistle blew so you and your little buddy could come on here and ##### and moan about things you know nothing about.

null

Feb 28, 2013, 10:33 PM

Again, insults. Classless

Feb 28, 2013, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is here for two more years and is not going ]

And again, you have only made excuses for Brownell and have not answered the questions as to what recruits make you excited about the future and what has Brownell done in a close game to make you think he is a great X and O's coach? I agree Purnell left him in a bind, however, Booker is clearly our best player. Roper is playing well and was looking very, very good until tonight when he looked like a freshman. However, that is to be expected. Brownell has not recruited well enough to win on this level, fact. He gets outcoached in close games and we lose them, fact. Please stop throwing out insults, it makes you look really, really bad and extremely classless which makes me skeptical that you may sit behind a keyboard and claim to be a Clemson grad.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:35 PM

Classless.

No son classless is coming here ONLY after losses all excited and proclaiming to be a fan of the school that you are happy just lost. That is classless. I dont throw out insults I throw out accurate adjectives. I call a spade a spade. You are in FACT pathetic.

null

Feb 28, 2013, 10:38 PM

Please go back and look at previous posts of mine to see that I am on here after wins and losses so you quit making the same dumb arguments over and over again. And quit calling people pathetic, idiotic, losers, etc. It does make you look classless.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is here for two more years and is not going ]

You will find you will never get an answer to your question---because the pumpers do not have reasons why Brownell is so good.

But you will be called an idiot, or a Coot, or lacking in common sense, etc.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:09 PM

I just gave an answer to his question #######.

null

It's morons like you fatdog

Feb 28, 2013, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is here for two more years and is not going ]

that ruins sports by wanting every coach fired after year one or two. No way we let the guy have a chance to get his players in and develop them, lets just keep firing everyone. I bet you were one of the morons who wanted Dabo fired after 2010

Re: It's morons like you fatdog

Feb 28, 2013, 10:16 PM

Another guy throwing out insults rather than answering a question.

So I will try again, Bryanttiger, What has Brownell done to deserve to keep this job? What recruits has he brought in that make you optimistic about the future? What close games has he won that he has outcoached anyone?

Feb 28, 2013, 10:20 PM

Are they really insults when they are accurate...

Fact "fans" like yourself are no where to be found when Clemson is doing good.

Fact you come in here all excited when we lose so you can get on your soap box and ##### and moan. It is quite frankly pathetic.

null

Feb 28, 2013, 10:25 PM

You show your ignorance repeatedly. I am on here, good and bad. And how does your pulse get to 60%? Only insults, no answers. You are doing well tonight. Please try to answer the question and not make excuses or throw out insults. It is funny how dumb you look with posts that contain no substance.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:27 PM

actually my pulse got there due to a bunch of Gamecocks bombing several peoples pulse on numerous accounts.

That is the reason why freeloaders such as yourself can no longer downvote.

My pulse was bombed into the mid 30s about 4 months ago.

It is making the slow climb back to where it was before in the mid to upper 80s.

null

Feb 28, 2013, 10:35 PM

Freeloaders? You donate to the board? Last I checked it was a free board. And I am a member of TI which is a board I can go on and actually get decent chatter back and forth without having to listen to insults with no substance from bums such as yourself.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: It's morons like you fatdog ]

See, you will get no answers, only insults.

Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 PM

ah keep ignoring my posts above fardog. You are pathetic.

null

Feb 28, 2013, 10:27 PM

Now it is "pathetic"'. More insults, no answers.

Really, what has BB accomplished?

Feb 28, 2013, 10:28 PM

look above kid.

Is your life really this pathetc where you pull for Clemson to lose so you can stand on your little soap box?

null

Feb 28, 2013, 10:36 PM

Are you hitting copy/paste over and over again? Is that the only answer you have to anything? We don't enjoy Clemson losing so we can get on our "soap box". We asked a simple question. I just expect Clemson to be better than .500 in an average ACC and average schedule from a guy in his third year. At least show me there is something to feel optimistic about.

Dude I have answered this question a thousand times

Feb 28, 2013, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: It's morons like you fatdog ]

so know what you're talking about before spewing your crap dumper. Funny I haven't seen you around when we win

Re: Dude I have answered this question a thousand times

Feb 28, 2013, 10:28 PM

Could you please answer the question or reference me to a previous post where you actually answer the question? You guys are amazing that you only throw out insults and have no substance. I am asking you a simple question. And by the way, check out previous posts of mine and you will see that I am on here rain or sunshine and tell it like it is. I am clearly not a dumper, just a realist.

You guys all have the same pathetic responses to someone that disagrees with you. Dumper, moron, or coot. It is the gold standard. Just try to answer the question without an insult as I haven't insulted anyone with my posts.

Dumper^^^^

Feb 28, 2013, 11:16 PM

And crybaby

Re: Dumper^^^^

Feb 28, 2013, 11:19 PM

Haha, again you show who the true idiot is. Try to add some substance to the post and actually answer the question instead of calling names including dumper, coot, idiot, moron, crybaby or pathetic. That would be nice for a change.

Won't do any good coot, you're beyond help***

Feb 28, 2013, 11:27 PM

Re: Won't do any good coot, you're beyond help***

Feb 28, 2013, 11:30 PM

Gosh you truly are beyond dumb.

Brownell isnt going anywhere

Feb 28, 2013, 10:20 PM

and neither is the team