Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell haters - here's something for you to chew on...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,831

Brownell haters - here's something for you to chew on...

Feb 2, 2017, 10:11 AM

Brownell has the best Conference winning percentage of all Clemson BB coaches - ever.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you including the NCAA and NIT Tournament committees

Feb 2, 2017, 10:13 AM

in that list of Brownell haters?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell haters - here's something for you to chew on...

Feb 2, 2017, 10:18 AM

What is his winning percentage in the big dance?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2017, 10:20 AM

Hell of a lot better than Purnell's.

awesome

Feb 2, 2017, 10:21 AM

how many tourneys and titles does that equate to??

signed,

#enlightenme

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 2, 2017, 10:24 AM

True but once Purnell's program was established he had a good record in conference AND most importantly got us to the dance which Brownell has failed to do except in his first year.

If he can get us there this year he'll win me back over.

Feb 2, 2017, 10:28 AM

lol your last sentence is the definition of fair weather.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Feb 2, 2017, 10:37 AM

I've watched every game this year....

That's not fair weather.

We don't WANT you back Skeeter, people like you are why

Feb 2, 2017, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell haters - here's something for you to chew on... ]

Clemson Basketball has such sh1tty fans

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2017, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell haters - here's something for you to chew on... ]

No team wants fans that say "I'm only gonna pull for you if you win a ton." Bandwagon, fair weather. Whatever you wanna call it.

That's a good record, and there's no doubt that he's

Feb 2, 2017, 10:24 AM

a good coach and a great guy. That's why I'm pulling for him to get us over the hump this year. Unfortunately, the ACC record means little without NCAA Tournament appearances, however, and 6 years without an trip to the dance would be abysmal and just cause to look in another direction.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That's a good record, and there's no doubt that he's

Feb 2, 2017, 11:20 AM

Don't disagree about the tourney, but after watching Clemson basketball for 30+ years, I assure you having the winning record in conference is very significant to me.

In year 7, he is 13-8. That says it all.***

Feb 2, 2017, 10:54 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In year 7, he is 13-8. That says it all.***

Feb 2, 2017, 11:16 AM

He is coaching teams playing in the absolute best years overall of ACC. Purcell did not do that.

Every single year Coach BBs Clemson teams beat preseason expectations. This year may be first year he does not.

Majority of Clemson fans look at basketball with the arrogance of Football and even baseball expectations. The programs are polar opposites in terms of history and tradition and success.

Coach BB has his work cut out this year. He is on hotseat and more so due to preseason assumptions and expectations.

But this team has best bball talent of any in last 10 yrs. Struggles are due to JB falling off a bit, Dante early season disappearances, Gabe/Sidy playing dumb sometimes, and working in newcomers who need to be tougher on D.

If the D would have been like previous years we would be a game or two above .500 at this point in season and pushing to go 6-3 to finish in top 6 of league. Plus we would be a NCAA lock.

Name the blowout losses besides Louisville?
There aren't any because the team is playing well but getting its sync as it is has to consistently play tough teams weekly.

Season ain't over and BB knows it. This will be what folks should judge him on = next 9 games and ACC tournament.

We'll see

The NCAA and NIT Tournament committees are telling us

Feb 2, 2017, 11:27 AM

that, while the ACC may have more good teams, it also has more bad teams and they are looking, not at the ACC as a whole, but at the specific teams in the ACC that we are playing each year and judging us accordingly. That's why some people point to our ACC record as an achievement under Coach Brownell, but the NCAA and NIT tournament committees do not see it in the same positive light, and have not rewarded those records with tournament bids.

It's past time for the excuse making and rationalization of (sub)mediocrity to stop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't hate Coach Brownell, I just don't think

Feb 2, 2017, 11:00 AM

His style of basketball is good for the college game, and I'm glad the NCAA is trying to force him to play a different style. He may win a lot of games, but for me it's not enjoyable to watch. Basketball was created for recreation and entertainment and his style isn't enjoyable for me.

How is the NCAA forcing Brad to change his style?***

Feb 2, 2017, 12:15 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't hate Coach Brownell, I just don't think

Feb 2, 2017, 12:47 PM [ in reply to I don't hate Coach Brownell, I just don't think ]

Really interesting to read how our team is not fun to watch. We are scoring at will. Last year we were not fun to watch because we played too much defense. I would love to see how many of these people attend the game in person, I bet very few based on the attendance at the games. Maybe Virginias offense is so exciting to watch.

Thanks, because I was starving to death

Feb 2, 2017, 11:21 AM

chewing on all of our tournament appearances lately.

Brownell is tied for 3rd in Post Season Wins - 2 wins more

Feb 2, 2017, 11:23 AM

will tie for first... It took Cliff Ellis 10 full season to establish that mark.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs two more wins to tie Oliver Purnell in

Feb 2, 2017, 11:54 AM

post season wins. OP accomplished this after following Larry Shyatt in only 7 years and none were won in OP's first year with Larry's Players. 4 of Brad's 6 postseason wins were in his first year with all OP players.

Correction. 2 of Brad's 6 postseason wins were in his

Feb 2, 2017, 12:06 PM

first year with only OP's players.

Just love the "tallest midget contest" spinners

Feb 2, 2017, 12:19 PM

ya'll are priceless!

I've pointed that out in the past for the OP pumpers,

Feb 2, 2017, 1:01 PM

however it doesn't cover BB's game management skills, which have been stuck in the same gear for years now. It's taken a while, but over the past year as a fan I've just lost faith in his ability to grow in this area and am quite all right with taking a chance with a new leader. Maybe he's had an epiphany of some sort and he turns it around this season with a great finish. That would be awesome. But honestly, at this point in his career here, I have little expectation that he does. He has become the Tommy Bowden of basketball in more ways than one.

This year seems to be about the best we can expect

Feb 2, 2017, 5:11 PM

from Coach Brownell every few years.

Feb 2, 2017, 1:42 PM

That sounds like a stupid Tim Bourret quote

Dumbest stat I've read all day, under him we havent made the tourny in 4 outta the 5 years hes been HC...and 0 outta 4 w his recruits

But great Win %, definitely deserves another contract extension

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,831
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic