Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell Sanity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 3,456

Brownell Sanity

Mar 10, 2016, 5:17 PM

I can fully understand the frustration with Brad and the program. I think Brad is a below average recruiter, and a good game coach. We won some close games, and I would have to blame the loss last night on the lax approach we took in last 5 minutes, which started before Brad could stop it.

I do think he should get another year because I believe he is changing his recruiting tactics to pursue transfers instead of freshman. He has been able to snag some decent players. Players that would not have come here otherwise. With a better quality player I think we can consistently compete in the upper half of division.

I might be sniffing glue, but I am willing to let next year play out and see how his change in tactics works out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell Sanity

Mar 10, 2016, 6:30 AM

So it takes 6 years for him to realize he needs to change, and that's ok?

Mar 10, 2016, 5:23 PM

Are you saying that after six years in your career, you never made any adjustments in how you do things in order to get better results?

null

Mar 10, 2016, 5:24 PM

is that a joke? because i actually laughed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 10, 2016, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Sanity ]

Well, I'm an attorney, and in 2 years I built a practice from scratch and sold it. I'm 36 and retired.

Prior to that, I worked in the student loan industry. In my first job, I inherited a $1mill portfolio and grew it to $30mill in less than 3 years. I was hired away by a larger corporation where I started to manage a $75mill portfolio and was promoted to a mangement position where I developed strategies for a total portfolio that reached $250mill. Had I taken any of those portfolios and dropped them the percentage that Brownell has, I wouldn't be able to be retired at such a young age.

So, no, I made the necessary adjustments well before 6 years into my "career." Mostly because I've never had a career that lasted so long before I knew better and decided to cash out.

Mar 10, 2016, 5:43 PM

I thought that you had a debate tonight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2016, 5:14 AM

Naw, I like immigrants too much to be debating tonight.

who is gonna rebound & block shots***

Mar 10, 2016, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Sanity ]

Mar 10, 2016, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Sanity ]

So a type A genius like you is posting on Tigernet about a crappy basketball team? I call bs. I'll have you know I'm a former Navy seal trainer that retired after getting tired of killing insurgents in Ramadi. I now spend my time advising Fortune 500 CEOs and their management teams for six-figure retainers. It's amazing the density of talent found on Tigernet.

Mar 10, 2016, 9:56 PM

> So a type A genius like you is posting on Tigernet
> about a crappy basketball team? I call bs. I'll have
> you know I'm a former Navy seal trainer that retired
> after getting tired of killing insurgents in Ramadi.
> I now spend my time advising Fortune 500 CEOs and
> their management teams for six-figure retainers. It's
> amazing the density of talent found on Tigernet.

Thank you for your service to this country......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2016, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Sanity ]

You are great. Can I run around with you?

Mar 10, 2016, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Sanity ]

Where else could you be given 6 years for doing a lousy job. Time for a change with a new LJ.

Mar 10, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Sanity ]

Where else could you be given 6 years for doing a lousy job. Time for a change with a new LJ.

You are kind of a big deal.

Mar 10, 2016, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Sanity ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Mar 10, 2016, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Sanity ]

Yes I've made adjustments to get better in my career. Just like Dabo has constantly made adjustments to make football better. Brown elk is trying a total overhaul to be good for once. Much like an employee that keep selling promise but never delivers results. Not many of those even get 6 years.

my advice is simply to stop trying to bring

Mar 10, 2016, 5:23 PM

a calm sanity to this place....

at times like these, Tigernet has started turning into fgf....its the saddest statistical truism of the entire situation

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much more talent could he hope for?

Mar 10, 2016, 5:31 PM

Our top 5 this season consisted of:

- A 3-point shooting, upperclassman PG averaging in double figures
- A 4th year senior SG who as a freshman shot 41% from 3 and averaged 8 pts/game
- A sophomore SF, former top 100 prospect averaging in double figures
- A first team all ACC stud PF. One of the 5 best players in the conference
- A senior, first team all ACC defensive team C who averages 8/6.

How much better than that can Brownell reasonably expect to assemble? He's not going to have an all-ACC player every season. Those pieces should be able to beat terrible Minnesota and Georgia teams. Those pieces should be able to hold double digit leads in the final minutes of games and those pieces should be able to make the NCAA tournament. ####, this team had the capabilities to beat Duke, Miami, Pittsburgh, and Louisville and still couldn't play consistently enough to make the tournament.

That should be all you need to know right there.

I don't see the transfer method of recruiting as a long term

Mar 10, 2016, 5:37 PM

recruiting strategy. I see it as a stop gap measure at best. At worst...

I see what we are this year and think we could have used two more perimeter players or another low post threat and that is why we are not in the tournament and may not make the NIT. I see two scholarships left for this year that most coaches could use to make us better next year and gain experience for subsequent years, but the odds are that he will save those for transfers that won't help us next year and only delay the development of the player the do get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will get one more year for sure. He deserves to

Mar 10, 2016, 5:50 PM

coach in the "new" Littlejohn. But he better get more in the win column - or else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank You Brad Brownell Fan Club President.

Mar 10, 2016, 5:52 PM

He represents the University well but obviously has problems recruiting quality shooters to Clemson. He is the Vanilla in a league of Baskin Robbins.

He has all his players in place and we still may not even play in the NIT. Time for a change with a new LJ, we need someone who can smile and show some personality.

Mar 10, 2016, 6:44 PM

I respectfully disagree ; he is the worse game coach I have ever watched ; he lets games get out of hand before making decisions ; last night was a prime example ; also how many times this year have they messed up the inbounds under their own basket ( that's basketball 101 ) Six years is long enough time for a change and need to do it now before all the firings start taking place thru out college basketball .

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me Brownell has recruited above average for Clemson -

Mar 10, 2016, 6:54 PM

steady progression and we have a decent nucleus of talent on hand this year and next. To say he is a good game coach though seems a far reach from reality. This has been his worst attribute, and on a consistent basis, with no signs of moving forward. I like the guy, but no longer believe he will ever win with any type of consistency here, and that's unfortunate.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2016, 9:04 PM

What cost us the game last night is we quit running our offense at the end of that game and just tried to run time off the clock....getting absolutely no good shots or points in the last 5 minutes of that game.....since BB is the head coach I would say that loss falls on him because even an 18 point lead was not big enough for that game plan to work ....very hard loss to shallow last night.....Go Tigers!!!!

Mar 10, 2016, 10:12 PM

I don't think it ever gets better, like people say old school (Bobby Knight ) style which doesn't attract the 4 stars.
As Al McGuire used to say," You have got to have the Thoroughbreds if you want to win.
When I was at Clemson, we has Mahaffey's Southerland,Channel, Ayers,Ayoub,Benedict,and Butch Zatazelo

A good in game coach? Did you watch the end of that game?

Mar 10, 2016, 10:42 PM

Or the others we blew or tried to blow. No human being with an ounce of basketball knowledge, let alone a BB coach with 12 seconds left in regulation and a chance to win the game draws up a "play" like that and/or doesn't call their remaining time out. Simply mind boggling. I seriously wonder if he had money on Ga Tech. It is the only rational explanation I can think of.

I have been a supporter . .

Mar 11, 2016, 11:33 AM

for BB. But I truly put the blame of the latest defeat on his lap. As a coach, you don't let that happen. I coached for a short time in HS.I know what happens when it feels like the rug is coming out from under you. But your rein them in and guide the players. I didn't see that.

Replies: 25
| visibility 3,456
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic