Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell Just Doesn't Have It
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Brownell Just Doesn't Have It

Jan 12, 2017, 8:47 PM

Program is not progressing whatsoever with Brownell at the helm. This team will be lucky to make the NIT. I want Brownell to succeed but it just ain't happening with him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won't survive this year.***

Jan 12, 2017, 8:48 PM

Re: Brownell Just Doesn't Have It

Jan 12, 2017, 8:49 PM

We are going to have to hire a big time coach if we want basketball. No reason to not be more successful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 7 years, he has yet to demonstrate that he has it...

Jan 12, 2017, 8:50 PM

that is an undeniable fact. I really don't know why anyone on earth would expect more at this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The same reason some people keep voting for people

Jan 12, 2017, 10:07 PM

that keep lying to them, or put another coin in a slot machine, or buy another lottery ticket, or give the wife-beater one more chance, or ...

As I've said before, we went down this road with Tommy and Jack for years while a large percentage of fans argued year after year with the exact same sentiments.

And if these same sentiments had been heeded in football and baseball we wouldn't have won ACC championships this year in either sport.

I agree you should always give someone a chance to prove themselves and not go off "half-cocked", but Clemson is too great an institution and fan base to accept mediocrity in anything year after year after year.

He is the Will Muschamp of college basketball....

Jan 12, 2017, 8:51 PM

Even with talent and resources, his team underachieves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The fact that we went down after his first year and have

Jan 12, 2017, 8:53 PM

remained there for 6 years says it all. I don't know what more anybody needs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Anything less than an NCAA Tournament invitation...

Jan 12, 2017, 9:00 PM

should spell the end of his tenure at Clemson IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Anything less than an NCAA Tournament invitation...

Jan 12, 2017, 9:01 PM

I hate to say it but I agree. We still have the talent to win games. Maybe Saturday we see a better team. We looked down tonight. Our BBall team needs to love our football team has.

Jan 12, 2017, 9:02 PM

The way*

Jan 12, 2017, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Anything less than an NCAA Tournament invitation... ]

The way*

Without any hesitation.***

Jan 12, 2017, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Anything less than an NCAA Tournament invitation... ]

- H. L. Mencken

Re: You are right about that.***

Jan 12, 2017, 8:58 PM [ in reply to He is the Will Muschamp of college basketball.... ]

Jan 12, 2017, 8:51 PM

We were a 9 point favorite tonight.

Jan 12, 2017, 8:58 PM

The line was even.

Jan 12, 2017, 8:59 PM

My mistake. There was a glitch on my app. I do see a 10 point spread now on the line at tipoff

Jan 12, 2017, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Just Doesn't Have It ]

-10 on bovada

but we have progressed

Jan 12, 2017, 8:59 PM

Didn't blow an 18 point lead to lose this one. That's an improvement.

Let's give him the rest of this year to see how we do

Jan 12, 2017, 9:11 PM

We did very well this year in the non-conference, which is an improvement over previous years. Yes, it sucks to be 1-3 but we narrowly lost to UNC and Notre Dame, and those teams are longtime basketball powers and more talented than we are. Losing to Georgia Tech tonight was not good, but it is the first truly bad game we have played all year.

I don't think some of you realize how difficult ACC basketball is. Clemson has zero basketball history and we do not historically recruit as well as most of the other ACC teams we play. Despite that, Brownell has been successful in ACC play - moreso than any other basketball coach we have had based on winning percentage.

Look, I am disappointed too, but we are clearly better this year and the new facilities will help. I hope Brad is the guy, but let's at least wait until the season is over before we decide.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I actually agree with Judge K

Jan 12, 2017, 9:51 PM

This loss is very frustrating. I get it, a lot of people are calling for Brownell's head. I want our basketball team to succeed as much as anyone, too, and tonight's loss was head-scratching in that we just never seemed to have our heads in it.

However, in ACC play, anybody can truly beat anybody. This is a deep league. Other teams can have good nights, too. We gotta trust and support Brownell through the end of the season before making decisions.

This is what I wanna see:
1. JB more involved early. He gets his 16-18 every night, but he never catches fire until the game is slipping away late in the second half. This dude is a gifted scorer in the paint. Offense HAS to run through him
2. Less 3 point attempts. We just don't make enough 3s to justify taking so many 3s. We don't have a Duke-esque shooter. Stop taking so many threes and instead drive the lane and get to the foul line where our advantage is
3. Start Elijah Thomas. Kid is a big man with some post moves that actually makes defenses respect him when he has the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~Wigwedge~

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic