Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scalpers at Clemson have reached a new low
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 51

Scalpers at Clemson have reached a new low

Nov 19, 2018, 12:59 PM

We had 2 extra tickets for the Duke game (last minute change of plans). There were several obvious scalpers holding signs wanting tickets. There was a man with a small boy (maybe 6 or 8 years old) both wearing Clemson jackets and hats, both holding up 2 fingers wanting tickets. I approached him and gave them our tickets, said enjoy the game. Later a couple sat down next to us in our extra seats. He said he had bought them right outside the gate for $60.

Message was edited by: playerfan®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Nov 19, 2018, 1:03 PM

Message removed by Author

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nevermind, misread your post

Nov 19, 2018, 1:12 PM

I didn't see you'd given them away

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a suggestion, but next time just have the people you're

Nov 19, 2018, 1:03 PM

gonna give the tickets walk up to the gate with you. If you're going to be sitting next to them the whole game, it will give everyone a chance to meet and greet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a suggestion, but next time just have the people you're

Nov 19, 2018, 7:30 PM

Should he buy them snacks too?

Re: Scalpers at Clemson have reached a new low

Nov 19, 2018, 1:05 PM

It is people like this that make it suck for many others. Just remember Karma catches up to everyone sooner or later! Let’s just hope it’s sooner!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i had a similar experience at the NCST game.

Nov 19, 2018, 1:06 PM

I had two extra tickets and man and young son had two fingers in the air.(both in Clemson gear) When I wanted to sell them for face value, the man said he would have to go somewhere else to get the money. Then I was swarmed by scalpers.

Just thought it was an odd coincidence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 1:10 PM

There is nothing wrong with doing a good deed for someone, but in today's world of scammers and thieves, most good deeds has a way of just turning sour. If ever in that same situation again, just tell them if they meet you at what ever gate at a certain time, that you will get them in with you when you go in. Good deed translates into a real good deed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 1:13 PM

I found a ticket on the ground one time. Lower deck, better than our seats in the upper deck, I sold the ticket for about $35 to some guy asking around.

The more I thought about it the worse I felt about possibly selling someones ticket in a family. And even worse the person who bought it would be sitting around people who were angry he was there instead.

Needless to say I will not be doing that again.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does seem like you got had, but I will always blame the

Nov 19, 2018, 1:15 PM

buyers before I blame the sellers. The sellers may be scum, but they only exist because of buyers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brilliant. Maybe I can borrow my niece this weekend***

Nov 19, 2018, 1:28 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Well he could have swapped them with someone

Nov 19, 2018, 1:38 PM

Because hew was trying to sit on another side or deck and that person then sold yours so wouldn’t assume too much. I’ve swapped with folks outside before to help them out. Also- there was no scalping at the Duke game. Tix were face value or less.

agreed, very aggressive group sat.

Nov 19, 2018, 6:47 PM

I'm a 50 year expert at dealing with/fending/lowballing them, but Sat night was even hard on me.
Couldn't keep em off my back, and suspected one "handful" of tickets was fake.

And expect worse this sat.

Nov 19, 2018, 6:56 PM

Look at the bright side, at least it was not your dates. I forget who I heard tell the story, but someone I know and his buddy gave 2 tickets to a couple of girls to meet up at the game and ended up sitting beside 2 random dudes to whom the girls sold the tickets.

Nov 19, 2018, 7:04 PM

One time I was taking my grandad to a game. We had tickets on the lower level. Somehow grandpa ended up dropping his ticket. We traced back our steps just in time to see another Clemson fan scoop it up off the ground and hawk it before we could stop him. Gramps never recovered after that night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they really needed the money...

Nov 19, 2018, 9:46 PM

Maybe you fed their family for a week. Thats better than tickets to any football game... (unlikely scenario, but possible)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

At least, I didn't see several different people with the

Nov 19, 2018, 10:08 PM

very same words on signs saying they had lost their job and had children to support asking for money. These people were all around the stadium after the NC State game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic