Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breweries in Phoenix
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Breweries in Phoenix

Jan 7, 2016, 9:55 AM

While I regret that I will not be traveling to Phoenix to watch our tigers win the national championship game, I have had to take four trips to Phoenix in 2015 (although predominately on the north and east sides). I wanted to give my two cents on a couple breweries to try while you are out there if interested - depending on where you are staying.

Perch in Chandler, AZ. This by far one of the best gems in the nation. High quality beer and a unique atmosphere that I guarantee you have not experienced before (think aviary meets pub). If you are lucky enough to have the Lemongrass Double IPA on tap, this is one of the best IPAs in the nation that I would put up against any brewery - better than some fine beers from Cigar City in Tampa. The brewer here is clearly talented.

Four Peaks at E 8th St in Tempe. Great beer and a very cool atmosphere to eat at. The seating is built very close to the fermenters, so it feels that you are really seated within the brewing process. Also a crowd pleaser for guys and gals with a wide selection of brew styles.

SanTan - This is more of a word of warning. I found their beers to be of low quality and disappointing - as if the brewers didn't understand how to balance bitterness, hop flavor/characteristics, and a malt backbone. Really disappointing, do not waste your time.

I would love to hear other opinions and recommendations in case I'm our there again soon. Have fun, be safe, and go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breweries in Phoenix

Jan 7, 2016, 10:01 AM

I had the San tan pineapple wheat and I didn't mind it. A lot of their reviews have their beer as watered down and terrible

Re: Breweries in Phoenix

Jan 7, 2016, 10:04 AM

Great breakdown. Used to live in Tempe and went to Four Peaks all the time. Another cool spot is OHSO nanobrewery in Phoenix.

Hope everyone enjoys your time in the Valley!

Cool website for finding breweries anywhere...

Jan 7, 2016, 10:05 AM

http://www.brewerymap.com/

Much appreciated***

Jan 7, 2016, 10:11 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic