Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breeland leaving early?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Breeland leaving early?

Jan 4, 2014, 10:10 PM

Michael Burns ?@curecruiting 28m

RT @Rand_Getlin: Multiple sources tell me #Clemson defensive back Bashaud Breeland plans to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

https://twitter.com/curecruiting

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good God. Is anybody returning?

Jan 4, 2014, 10:24 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard something too, but this one makes little sense.

Jan 4, 2014, 10:28 PM

I am starting to wonder if some of these exits are because the player isn't going to get it done academically.

Anthony, Breeland, Crawford, and possibly even Beasley should return. I know Bryant just isn't going to come back. Sammy should leave. Beasley is more of a ?

Mr. Breeland

Jan 4, 2014, 10:33 PM

Please contact CJ Gaddis before you make this decision.

Coach V needs to talk to him asap***

Jan 4, 2014, 10:39 PM

As many as 5 will leave early

Jan 4, 2014, 10:44 PM

Don't panic, there's still players there to take their place and we can take as many as 20-22 new ones this year. That would mean there still at least 63 athletes on scholarship ready to play.

Re: Breeland leaving early?

Jan 4, 2014, 10:54 PM

Breeland isn't really that good. He's decent but he is not ready for the pros. I only started hearing his name this year and I'm a senior.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2014, 10:59 PM

Breeland is actually a really good corner. He doesn't get thrown at a lot. You shouldn't be hearing his name if he's doing his job.

He has started games since a freshman, he is our best cover

Jan 4, 2014, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Breeland leaving early? ]

corner. He has played good, but has had minor injury issues that have effected him some what through out his time here at Clemson. Don't think he is ready for the NFL though. And don't how true that rumor is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2014, 11:09 PM

I really hope he stays because he could be a great player for us next year and he could definitely use an other year to develop. If he does decide to leave we will still have a monster pass rush and our 2 deep at CB shouldn't be too bad with Peters, Alexander, Jenkins, and Wiggins.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Breeland, Crawford, Beasley, Barnes

Jan 4, 2014, 11:13 PM

Are all gone... Barnes told me face to face, Hopper said Crawford is NFL bound on Instagram, and Breelend pretty much said he was gone on Instagram yesterday. Everybody flames people for following these kids on social media, but they let a lot of info out themselves before anyone else gets the scoop.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breeland, Crawford, Beasley, Barnes

Jan 4, 2014, 11:44 PM

Crawford? Why would being a late round draft pick appeal to these guys? I don't get it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crawford has explicitly said he's coming back...***

Jan 4, 2014, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Breeland, Crawford, Beasley, Barnes ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I think Barnes is waaaaaay more of a mistake than Crawford.

Jan 4, 2014, 11:47 PM

Breeland 6th round
Crawford 6th round
Barnes undrafted

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Breeland is a good shutdown corner that could be

Jan 4, 2014, 11:51 PM

a great shutdown corner if he came back. He's gotten better each year and right now he's the only person on the back end of our defense that I really trust (though Robert Smith is getting there).

If he came back, he'd be the best DB we had on the team and he would get a lot of recognition (especially considering we will probably have to rely more on the defense next year). Plus his stock will go up due to more experience, he can play in the senior bowl, and he can overall get more money.

Unless he literally has like 5 kids and his parents live in a box somewhere in downtown Greenville, he needs to stay and give himself a chance for a higher pick.

DeAndre McDaniel

Jan 5, 2014, 12:28 AM

A little surprised Breeland leaving but even more surprised much more prolific college player McDaniel did not make NFL team and become dependable starter. What happened to McDaniel's career? He was tough.

With Gilchrist, Maxwell, Butler & Sensabaugh pulling in NFL dollars, Breeland must believe his speed and ability compare favorably. Wish him the best!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic