Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
JOHN MCCAIN WAS NOT A HERO! HE WAS A COWARD!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

JOHN MCCAIN WAS NOT A HERO! HE WAS A COWARD!

Aug 31, 2018, 9:37 AM

John McCain was NOT A WAR HERO. As a matter of fact, John McCain was quite the opposite. John McCain was a COWARD and a TRAITOR who should have stood trial for TREASON upon his return from Vietnam. However, his father had some political clout and saved him from any repercussions of his treasonous actions. I'm prepared to face flak from my statement, but the men that served beside him called him SONG BIRD MCCAIN for a reason. He sang to the enemy and revealed strategic US positions that cost the lives of thousands of US Service Members on the ground. What a turd! His actions of cowardice violated several Articles of The Code of Conduct and as a result other good men died.

Please read the Articles of The Code of Conduct for ALL SERVICE MEMBERS!

Code of Conduct
for
Members of the United States Armed Forces

I
I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

II
I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

III
If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

IV
If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

V
When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

VI
I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

As a combat veteran myself, I'd say that he's pretty much a disgrace. If I had betrayed my men on the ground out of cowardice I would have taken the actions of a respectful gentlemen and hung myself once I returned home. There's no way I could live with the guilt of knowing that my actions directly resulted in the deaths of fellow Americans. To make matters worse, there's no way I could live with the fact that I never faced any repercussions because of who my father was.

Before anyone starts speaking of politics, this has nothing to do with party affiliations or any of that nonsense. This has everything to do with a very old lie that has bolstered a man in his false narrative political resolves to enrich himself. He's a piece of ##### and deserves no honor in his falling! May God have mercy upon his soul, and I honestly pray for eternal peace for him, but I will not hail him as a hero when he caused the deaths of many others who were fighting for Liberty!

Just my two cents.

Sincerely,

A Combat Veteran of TWO WARS.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: JOHN MCCAIN WAS NOT A HERO! HE WAS A COWARD!

Aug 31, 2018, 9:39 AM

Bone Spurs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2018, 9:48 AM

Carlsbad® said:

Bone Spurs

Trump's bone spurs didn't get fellow service members killed from treason. Again, since your reading level is not up to that of an adult I'll break it down for you. My original post has nothing to do with politics. Nothing to do with President Trump, or anyone else outside of John McCain who betrayed his nation during a time of war while the media took hostage of a false narrative. It's about speaking the truth about JOHN MCCAIN. Yes, President Trump did receive a medical deferment due to bone spurs in his feet. He received several medical deferments which means he continued to attempt to join but was denied. He would have been a young officer as he received his commission in College. So, President Trump wasn't a draft dodger like Bill Clinton who fled to Canada.

Again, this post is about the LIE that JOHN MCCAIN was a war hero. His actions cost the lives of good men on the ground, and instead of receiving a proper punishment he was rewarded for his actions of cowardice. Sadly, those who died from his actions of treason were soon forgotten under the lie told by the media because of his father's political influence. He later went on to become what he was destined to be. A LYING SCUMBAG POLITICIAN! Oh, how I hate all of them.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 31, 2018, 10:05 AM

Trump had fake bone spurs playing tennis daily in Manhattan while sleeping with hot chicks while McCain was taking off from aircraft carriers, shot down, and then tortured for 5 years.

I must have missed this part of McCain's story.

Aug 31, 2018, 9:44 AM

Where did you hear that he, "sang to the enemy and revealed strategic US positions that cost the lives of thousands of US Service Members on the ground"?

Cite your source, please.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I must have missed this part of McCain's story.

Aug 31, 2018, 9:53 AM

I know a few men that served with him in his unit and rather than bring attention to them, I will respect their anonymity. However, I find no reason that these men should lie about such a deed. I do know that his daddy was a man of political influence. Again, violations of the Code of Conduct constitutes as TREASON. John McCain aided the enemy in Vietnam and should have received a proper punishment instead of a hero's welcome.

~Chesty Puller

LOL...no you don't***

Aug 31, 2018, 10:06 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you have zero evidence to support the claim.

Aug 31, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I must have missed this part of McCain's story. ]

Other than some yappers from his unit, who clearly weren't there when he purportedly "sang" to the enemy. And you're ready to call the guy a traitor? Cool.

FWIW, McCain's dad wasn't just a political man of influence... he was an admiral, and the Commander-in-Chief of the US Pacific during Vietnam. And when John McCain was offered early release, he declined due to the Code of Conduct you referenced, before. That's been corroborated by Col. Day, who was also a POW at the time.

Here's a collection of McCain's various accounts of his time as a POW, if you care to read it. There's a selection below that might be of particular interest to you.

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/election/mccain/articles/2007/03/01/20070301mccainbio-chapter3.html

--

Early release was forbidden by the military's Code of Conduct. To prevent the enemy from subverting prisoners or using them as propaganda tools, officers were to accept release in the order they were captured.

The POWs kept tabs on each other via underground communication techniques, which the guards "went to extraordinary lengths to stop," with little success, according to McCain.

"Through flashed hand signals when we were moved about, tap codes on the wall, notes hidden in washroom drains, and holding our enamel drinking cups up to the wall with our shirts wrapped around them and speaking through them, we were able to communicate with each other," McCain wrote in his book. "The whole prison system became a complex information network, POWs busily trafficking in details about each other's circumstances and news from home that would arrive with every new addition to our ranks."

McCain kept track of his 80 or so fellow American prisoners and even silently recited their names as he went to sleep. "Keeping an ever-lengthening account of the men we learned were prisoners was the solemn responsibility of every POW," McCain wrote.

So everybody knew that Navy Lt. Everett Alvarez, who had been shot down on Aug. 5, 1964, should have been the first prisoner released.

Nevertheless, Overly and two others accepted early release under a North Vietnamese "amnesty" program. The other POWs dubbed the practice the "Fink Release Program."

McCain and Day, who won the Medal of Honor for his service in Vietnam, don't judge Overly too harshly.

"If I had been in (Overly's) shoes, maybe I would have done things differently than I did," said Day, who retired from the Air Force in 1976 as a full colonel.

"I came back from Vietnam all crippled up and all screwed up, and a lot of that could have been avoided if I had given (them) a lot of the stuff they were really pushing me for.

"I didn't think it was the right thing, so I didn't do it."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2018, 9:47 AM

ChestyPuller was a child molester and a drug addict when he wasn't ripping people off..

Aug 31, 2018, 9:51 AM

Carlsbad's educational level is that of a small child and has to personally attack others in a false narrative in order to support his ego. However, he proves nothing and the delivery of truth is delayed yet another day because of the high level of ignorance within Carlsbad.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 31, 2018, 9:53 AM

Yes you got me. That said, Chesty Puller was a child molesting drug addict and a thief. Just sayin.

Link?

Aug 31, 2018, 9:55 AM

;)

Re: Link?

Aug 31, 2018, 9:57 AM

For some reason I don't have it handy. I think it was Info Wars, so you know it's fact.

Re: Link?

Aug 31, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Link? ]

Come on man, you can find all sorts of literature about him Violating the Articles of the Code of Conduct while in Vietnam. Other men have been put to death for it while he was hailed as a hero. It's disgusting.

~Chesty Puller

Cite your source.

Aug 31, 2018, 10:18 AM

Otherwise, it's total BS.

Aug 31, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: JOHN MCCAIN WAS NOT A HERO! HE WAS A COWARD! ]

Carlsbad, I've never stolen from anyone and I've never used drugs. However, your old lady does like to play a little school girl for me while you're at work. So I guess you can say I'm a child molester since she calls me daddy while you're not at home. However, in reality she's just role playing. Since she's an adult and your first cousin it's not illegal.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 31, 2018, 9:57 AM

I am talking about the real Chesty Puller.

At this point is there anyone here who cares what...

Aug 31, 2018, 9:56 AM

this guy thinks?

Not a huge McCain fan, but the story doesn’t hold water.

Aug 31, 2018, 9:58 AM

After Kerry’s swift boat deal in 2004, if there were a story in 2008 that disgraced McCain’s military record, it would have been unearthed and plastered everywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a huge McCain fan, but the story doesn’t hold water.

Aug 31, 2018, 10:00 AM

It was spoken of, but quickly hushed up by the media. I know men that served with him and they verify the claims. There's recordings that were used as propaganda by the NVA with him conveying information to the enemy.

~Chesty Puller

what BS....

Aug 31, 2018, 10:04 AM

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jan/17/mccains-pow-record-attacked/

Re: what BS....

Aug 31, 2018, 10:12 AM

I know that there are stories that are hogwash. Stories that he fathered a black child, and stories that he dropped bombs on US troops. No, those stories are full of crap. His POW stories are truthful and they were told by men who were held captive with him. He was at first investigated and then suddenly his daddy got involved and everything went away and then he was awarded all sorts of medals. It's complete trash! HE VIOLATED THE ARTICLES OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT! HE WAS SEEN IN VIDEOS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC OF MAKING DISLOYAL STATEMENTS! THAT IS AN ACT OF TREASON!

~Chesty Puller

Why do you discount all of the POW's....

Aug 31, 2018, 10:14 AM

that say the opposite over 1 guy's claim to the contrary.

No one else makes that claim about him....and no...you don't know any POW's that were in Hanoi with him.

Aug 31, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: what BS.... ]

CP, you can't argue facts with a liberal. They just don't understand truth, but they sure as heck believe the MSM!

LOL...what exactly makes me a liberal?***

Aug 31, 2018, 10:17 AM

Don't lie.

Aug 31, 2018, 2:15 PM

I know you give money to PBS. I know you only eat vegan. I see you in those skinny jeans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Well, matter of fact...I have given money to PBS...

Aug 31, 2018, 2:34 PM

before...more specifically Ga Public Broadcasting...but not the other 2 things.

Aug 31, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: what BS.... ]

You will believe anything and you know nothing of common sense or facts.

Flow the liberal. LMAO.***

Aug 31, 2018, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: what BS.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he speaks the truth!!***

Aug 31, 2018, 11:24 AM

Again, doesn't hold water............

Aug 31, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Not a huge McCain fan, but the story doesn’t hold water. ]

The media is generally left leaning, everyone generally acknowledges that. On top of that, they had a massive hardon for Obama. Why in the word would they "hush up" that story? It makes zero sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Again, doesn't hold water............

Aug 31, 2018, 10:09 AM

You and your common sense...

Re: Not a huge McCain fan, but the story doesn’t hold water.

Aug 31, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Not a huge McCain fan, but the story doesn’t hold water. ]

McCain was in solitary most of his time and no other US soldiers were there under his torture, nor would they have any idea what he said. You'll believe anything.

trick is to go during the week for lunch...

Aug 31, 2018, 10:21 AM

there are little to no chilrens

oops wrong spot...

Aug 31, 2018, 10:22 AM

that's what she said

Re: oops wrong spot...

Aug 31, 2018, 10:24 AM

Nice recovery.

Is this your source?

Aug 31, 2018, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Not a huge McCain fan, but the story doesn’t hold water. ]

You have to be kidding me...

Well...he also personally knows some folks...

Aug 31, 2018, 10:28 AM

that were POW's with McCain...just trust him on that, since he's got a stellar record of being trustworthy on here

Did you know that 1967 was the busiest year of air

Aug 31, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a huge McCain fan, but the story doesn’t hold water. ]

operations in Vietnam? I'd guess that more aircraft were lost in '67 than '68, just due to more sorties being flown. (if your 1968 stat is even true..I couldn't substantiate it, and you can't either)

"Air operations peaked with ground operations from 1966 to 1968. The Air Force flew a total of 101,089 combat and combat support sorties in 1967, its busiest year. Losses piled up as airmen took risks to complete ground support missions"

http://www.airforcemag.com/MagazineArchive/Pages/2013/February%202013/0213vietnam.aspx

RESEARCH TOKYO ROSE CONFESSION

Aug 31, 2018, 10:27 AM

You can find it on recording where John Sidney McCain was aired on North Vietnamese radio confessing to be a war criminal against the people of Vietnam. THIS AIDS THE ENEMY! THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE ARTICLES OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT AND IS PUNISHABLE UNDER THE UCMJ! To save you some time, fast forward to 30:48 into the audio and you'll hear the whole confession and then ask yourself why John McCain had all POW records sealed not just for his records but all POW's...

https://www.trunews.com/listen/trunews-08-04-16-john-mccains-1969-tokyo-rose-propaganda-recording-released

~Chesty Puller

Breaking under 5 years of torture

Aug 31, 2018, 10:54 AM

and confessing to war crimes doesn't equate to treason, unless your definitions of "aid" or "comfort" are extraordinarily loose. So loose, that you might consider Trump's white collar draft-dodging to be prison worthy.

And you've still not supported your claim that, "He sang to the enemy and revealed strategic US positions that cost the lives of thousands of US Service Members on the ground." Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Here's what constitutes treason, if you need the clause:

--

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Here's some more context for you:

Aug 31, 2018, 10:55 AM

https://heavy.com/news/2018/08/john-mccain-pow-confession-video-tape/

He was a war hero. Then he went to Washington. End story***

Aug 31, 2018, 10:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was a war hero. Then he went to Washington. End story***

Aug 31, 2018, 10:29 AM

NOT A HERO, WASHINGTON HAS MANY POLITICIANS... FEW LEADERS! AGAIN, NOT A HERO!

~Chesty Puller

Re: He was a war hero. Then he went to Washington. End story***

Aug 31, 2018, 10:32 AM

The biggest hero in US history. John McCain. Deal with it! MAGA

Whoa Chesty. You should read through this thread

Aug 31, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: He was a war hero. Then he went to Washington. End story*** ]

and ask yourself if the vague links, vague evidence, all caps responses, etc, are the work of someone thinking about this objectively.

You sound crazy and obsessed, as do the people you are siting.

But by all means, you are free to not respect McCain. I just don’t think you have a strong case to convince anyone here. I particularly like the idea that you know some POWs that were there when McCain was there, and they told YOU but no one else, but they want YOU to spread the word on a side message board on a college sports fan page.

null

I'm seriously questioning...

Aug 31, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: He was a war hero. Then he went to Washington. End story*** ]

Any claim you've ever had about your life if you think John McCain was a traitor and Donald Trump is a great man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Here's another first-hand account.

Aug 31, 2018, 10:59 AM

Why do you not believe this soldier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlJL-hEiA2I

Y'all be posting in a troll thread.jpeg***

Aug 31, 2018, 11:02 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I had your confidence that I would have done else.

Aug 31, 2018, 11:11 AM

I refuse to say I could have. I just can't say that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Channeling his inner geechie***

Aug 31, 2018, 11:25 AM

RIP to my passive aggressive left wing Clemson Brother.***

Aug 31, 2018, 12:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone has their own opinion. Others had firsthand account

Aug 31, 2018, 12:27 PM

I've spoken to people with firsthand accounts. People that heard the radio broadcast in Vietnam over the Propaganda Speakers. I'll maintain my position in the matter. By all means, I wish no ill will towards the man or his family. I simply think that the truth should be revealed and the fact that the records were sealed tells me that we may never know. If guilty of recording propaganda videos for the enemy, I would argue that he was not a hero, but indeed violated the Articles of the Code of Conduct.

Several men came forward in 2008 and they formed a group. Men who directly served with him or served in the Area of Operations in Vietnam during that time. The group was silenced by the media. Yet, several have went on to ensure that the truth gets put out to the public.

Was John McCain a bad person? I do not believe so, but a HERO he was not. At least in my opinion. To me, heroes are men like Raphael Peralta who selflessly sacrificed his life to save his squad. After being shot multiple times he threw himself on a grenade and absorbed the blast with his body which shielded his squad from the explosion. He died from his act of heroism. John McCain was shot down, captured, tortured, propagated for the enemy via aired radio confessions, and returned home to a hero's welcome. Jason Dunham is another Marine who selflessly sacrificed himself by jumping on a grenade to save the lives of his fellow team members. I just do not see how a person who did nothing heroic to save anyone is considered to be a hero. It's a lie and regardless of what John McCain allegedly did after the fact in his political career does not negate the fact that he violated the articles of the code of conduct in combat.

~Chesty Puller

I think the only thing wrong with your post is the timing.

Aug 31, 2018, 12:45 PM

I appreciate that McCain's death has become a pageant fit for a prince and has all but consumed the new media over the past few days but the content of your post could not have been more wrongly presented.

It's quite rude to speak evil of the dead in the broad scope of being a Christian and Southern Gentleman. I wish you had made that post in the past and not held out until the man couldn't defend himself. Sometimes a filter is needed for politeness.

You said your opinion now please let it rest. He will never harm again.

And why should anyone here believe you?

Aug 31, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Everyone has their own opinion. Others had firsthand account ]

You've spouted off crazy stuff before. You've said you want people with different political opinions from you to die.

I think you're making it all up. Show me proof to the contrary.

Come on man...he already posted it!....

Aug 31, 2018, 2:21 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Not-a-huge-McCain-fan-but-the-story-doesn%E2%80%99t-hold-water-23941827

He showed me!***

Aug 31, 2018, 2:25 PM

Re: Everyone has their own opinion. Others had firsthand account

Aug 31, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Everyone has their own opinion. Others had firsthand account ]

The scary part in all of this Chesty is that despite evidence to the contrary, what any reasonable person would call "facts" you're going to insist that you are right. The fact is that you choose for emotional reasons to believe the hogwash you've been reading put forward by liars with an axe to grind against McCain.

You want to believe that you, among the few, really know the truth. You want to see yourself as intellectually superior to the masses. That you can "see through" all the propaganda and understand the truth. That is the very essence of those who embrace conspiracy theories...the idea that somehow THEY see what others cant. Unfortunately for you and those like you the emotional payoff is far to great for you to abandon.

The fact is my friend you're just wrong. McCain was a hero, he served his country gallantly and suffered his injuries for the rest of his life.

I don't know you personally but I would suggest you look in the mirror and ask yourself how you can so easily defame a man who endured countless hours of pain and horror that would invariably crush a man like you. Maybe that's why you want to believe those lies. So as to limit the pain of knowing there exist men far noble than yourself.

You shame the uniform you wore.

Aug 31, 2018, 1:20 PM

You getting into the liquor again?

Aug 31, 2018, 2:04 PM

Just stop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if it's scarier that you vote or own weapons.***

Aug 31, 2018, 2:15 PM

Did you feel this way before a couple years ago?

Aug 31, 2018, 2:21 PM

Also, didn't he choose to stay in the Hanoi Hilton after he was offered release because he knew the Vietnamese were trying to embarrass his father by giving him special treatment?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic