Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bravo Michiganders and Nofe Carelinians!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Bravo Michiganders and Nofe Carelinians!

Apr 15, 2020, 8:21 PM

Bravo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wat did I miss?***

Apr 15, 2020, 8:23 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wat did I miss?***

Apr 15, 2020, 8:24 PM

Revolution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bravo Michiganders and Nofe Carelinians!

Apr 15, 2020, 8:34 PM

Their government will have them living in fear knowing full well that a frightened population will give up their freedoms willingly. What have they been doing lately? Living in fear and giving up their freedom at a fast pace.

Today Michigan said NO MORE.

Apr 15, 2020, 8:41 PM

Loved seeing the guys with there guns standing on the capitols steps. This was outdone hours later when a handful of sheriffs stood up and said they were no longer going to enforce the dictators laws.

Sometimes a single courageous act is all that’s needed to create the tipping point.

Apr 15, 2020, 11:32 PM

Lol are you going to be ok when Trump loses?

Hope we see more scenes like this, the longer

Apr 15, 2020, 9:08 PM

This madness goes on. We're at the point where millions of lives will be destroyed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, so now...

Apr 15, 2020, 11:38 PM

We're cool with protestors clogging traffic, huh?

And we're celebrating their desire to open everything back up and spread the virus more?

Sounds like we're celebrating a great cause, guys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Some words from one fo the Michigan patriots

Apr 15, 2020, 11:40 PM

From NBC:

Speaking to NBC affiliate WOOD of Grand Rapids, one woman attending suggested she didn't entirely trust the social distancing recommendations being made by "the so-called scientists" like Dr. Anthony Fauci, adding that she believes "very strongly in herd immunity."

Alrighty then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

There's stupid people everywhere in this country.***

Apr 16, 2020, 11:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

A large number of them. Hence why we have Trump. Its like the movie Idiocracy.

Apr 16, 2020, 3:03 PM

We are on that trend, and I don’t think there’s any stopping it.

All those brave souls keeping social distance while protesting from their car

Apr 15, 2020, 11:45 PM

Or protesting on the sidewalk while still wearing a COVID19 mask.

Those heroes going to form a human chain and block traffic next?

Hope they like the taste of Michelin...***

Apr 16, 2020, 1:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumbfocks with a shallow cause.***

Apr 16, 2020, 12:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 10:03 AM

I applaud anyone peaceful protest, but this is something else. All the guns and Nazi flags and Swastikas were rather disturbing and distasteful.

If these people want to meet in a grill somewhere and ##### and moan it’s one thing, but blocking traffic and essential workers etc is another. What if your loved ones were in 1 of those ambulances with an emergency?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

It’s funny people complaining

Apr 16, 2020, 11:46 AM

Re: It’s funny people complaining

Apr 16, 2020, 11:55 AM

It’s funny how you don’t get it. Blocking traffic during normal times is VERY different than blocking traffic during our current times. As far as damaging others property, I have issue with that as does most people.

People should understand the difference between peaceful protest and civil disobedience and what what happened yesterday

Apr 16, 2020, 12:06 PM

From the reports that I have seen and this is from a super left newspaper, the State Troopers said that the protesters were respectful and overall, no problems arose.

There was a scuffle, but it was quickly squashed by the State Troopers.

I haven't heard of any violence or any kind of trashing of the capitol or breaking windows or anything of that nature. So I am not sure why you would assert that was happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, Whitmer is not helping herself when she

Apr 16, 2020, 12:09 PM

says that the demonstrations are making her think of extending the shutdown. That is fanning the flames and not a good position to take when people are that upset. That is totalitarianism and it drives me insane.

"The sad irony here is that the protest was that they don't like being in this stay at home order. And they may have just created a need to lengthen it..."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. Protesters not smart enough to understand

Apr 16, 2020, 2:58 PM

If they created another hotspot and spread virus to population not currently impacted, then this will cause the Governor to extend quarantine for safety purposes.

You can look at it as totalitarianism, or you can look at as

Apr 16, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Also, Whitmer is not helping herself when she ]

trying to keep her citizens safe from morons.

Apr 16, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s funny people complaining ]

Where exactly did I assert hat was happening?

Those crazy hypocrites.

Apr 16, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to It’s funny people complaining ]

Don't they realize that marching in the streets to protest police violence against black people is pretty much the same thing as protesting restrictions implemented to fight against an emergency pandemic?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Maybe they just don’t want to be sheep

Apr 16, 2020, 12:03 PM

They sound really smart. Are you out there supporting them?***

Apr 16, 2020, 12:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Why would I do that when I live in SC?

Apr 16, 2020, 12:11 PM

Road trip to NC! Fight the power! Go.***

Apr 16, 2020, 12:12 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Again I don’t live in NC

Apr 16, 2020, 12:14 PM

^^^doesn't know what a road trip is^^^***

Apr 16, 2020, 12:16 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Why would I protest restrictions that don’t apply to me?

Apr 16, 2020, 12:19 PM

You obviously like posting about it, so you have an interest

Apr 16, 2020, 12:21 PM

Now quick get going.

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Why would I protest restrictions that don’t apply to me?

Apr 16, 2020, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Why would I protest restrictions that don’t apply to me? ]

Why indeed would people do that??

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/20/us/virginia-gun-rally.html?auth=link-dismiss-google1tap

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Road trip to NC! Fight the power! Go.***

Apr 16, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Road trip to NC! Fight the power! Go.*** ]

why drive all the way to NC, you can head over to the mange and protest along with the other covid deniers and self proclaimed virologists.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No mange virologist here

Apr 16, 2020, 3:33 PM

But why?

Apr 16, 2020, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Why would I do that when I live in SC? ]

If these restrictions are in place, hypothetically, in SC to prevent the spread of the disease, why would you go out to protest and shut down traffic?

Would you wave a rebel flag as well?

Re: But why?

Apr 16, 2020, 12:27 PM

Because if there is one thang we can trust in SC

Apr 16, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Why would I do that when I live in SC? ]

it's that our government is right on top of everything and we probably have the best testing in the nation, amirite?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because if there is one thang we can trust in SC

Apr 16, 2020, 12:39 PM

Where are you getting # that SC is better than NC or others

Apr 16, 2020, 2:52 PM

NC population is 2x SC ... but only 1.5x more COVID cases and 1.33x more deaths in NC

SC and MN are pretty close in population, while SC has 2x more COVID cases and 1.2x more deaths.

I'd say SC is squarely in the middle of the pack. Hospital capacity is holding up strong.

Michigan is getting punished. Their population is equivalent to NC but has 5x more cases and 13x more deaths. I can understand their Governor wanting to be more restrictive.

Re: Where are you getting # that SC is better than NC or others

Apr 16, 2020, 2:58 PM

It’s all concentrated in two counties. Wayne and Oakland, the rest of the State see minimal numbers.

Is there a chain of command showing Gov power versus

Apr 16, 2020, 3:10 PM

versus counties or cities? If not, then Governor is still the authority.

I'm cool if they want to try a staggered rollout. Let the UP folks go back to business as usual. Then each week open a county further south. Those northern counties don't have the hospital capacity in case there is an outbreak. The economic impact is also quite small in those rural areas, so won't impact many people or businesses.

Imagine her orders are to keep the spread contained to Wayne and Oakland county. Keep it out of Washtenaw and surrounding counties.

Re: Where are you getting # that SC is better than NC or others

Apr 16, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Where are you getting # that SC is better than NC or others ]

Re: Maybe they just don’t want to be sheep

Apr 16, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Maybe they just don’t want to be sheep ]

You do know those young people, even at a low risk of dying themselves, can spread the virus easily to other people who could die from it? That by going out into this protest and interacting with others, they are now endangering everyone they come in contact with after that?

Re: Maybe they just don’t want to be sheep

Apr 16, 2020, 12:33 PM

Nope...

Apr 16, 2020, 1:44 PM

And that's not comparable to the clowns who are defying the orders for a ridiculous protest while potentially endangering others. Some of these people are openly stating the virus isn't the threat it is.

People are not capable of making responsible decisions.

Apr 16, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe they just don’t want to be sheep ]

This country has a lot of dumb people. You overestimate the intelligence in our population.

...show us an example of any posters supporting something

Apr 16, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to It’s funny people complaining ]

like that...

Re: ...show us an example of any posters supporting something

Apr 16, 2020, 12:30 PM

So many fools

Apr 16, 2020, 2:44 PM

Why is he wearing a COVID mask?
Didn't the confederacy try this once already, and Michigan fought with the yankees?
And if it's about states rights, why are they protesting the individual state's decision?
When is the shutdown about guns?

Re: So many fools

Apr 16, 2020, 2:51 PM

It’s because of overreach by a failing Governor. A Governor who again said, sit down or I will extend this......

It’s not about guns. It’s about government overreach. He has a flag that said don’t tamper, same as don’t tread.

I don’t like the flag I am just stating what you seem to not understand.

Re: So many fools

Apr 16, 2020, 3:00 PM

Guy has a flag saying 'Come and take my guns' or 'Come and take my confederate flag'. Perhaps they should stay on point.

Governor has been clear that she will extend quarantine if this group protest creates another outbreak among citizens not previously impacted. Surely there are some business owners in that group. If they want to open up so badly, go do it.

Trump hasn't issued any order to open up. He should do it already and stop with the chaos, or at least outline the plans for states to follow to have a gradual re-opening.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic