Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brandon Maye puts in request to leave football team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Jan 31, 2011, 12:14 PM

Clemson linebacker Brandon Maye has turned in his transfer request to the Compliance Office in order to transfer to another university before the start of next football season, according to multiple sources. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brandon Maye puts in request to leave football team

Jan 31, 2011, 12:41 PM

I thought, aside from injury, that he played a lot.

Unfortunately, playing a lot does not = playing well!!

Jan 31, 2011, 1:52 PM

ct

Re: Leading tackler in the Carolina game, I think but

Jan 31, 2011, 4:08 PM

didn't look it up

Jan 31, 2011, 12:42 PM

Wow! 5th yr seniors don't just up and transfer over something small. Hopefully coach Swinney can talk him out of it. Probably has more to do with personal issues than playing time and/or position change.

Anthony and Steward come on down.

Jan 31, 2011, 1:06 PM

nm

Not good if Maye leaves and we don't get these 2 guys***

Jan 31, 2011, 1:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Anthony and Steward come on down.

Jan 31, 2011, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Anthony and Steward come on down. ]

A 5th year starter wouldn't leave because 2 freshmen LB's came in, no matter how good they are. Very rarely do you see an immediate impact on the defensive side of the ball unlike on offense.

that is really not good***

Jan 31, 2011, 12:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chuck Oliver said on Atlanta radio just now...

Jan 31, 2011, 1:19 PM

That it's probably because there will be 3 or 4 LBs better than him on the team next year.

Yeah I agree

Jan 31, 2011, 1:29 PM

Shouldn't worry about this. If he decides to stay good, but don't sweat it otherwise. We will be fine either way. He will graduate and it will not count against us if he leaves.

I hope he graduates early and can start immediately at

Jan 31, 2011, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Chuck Oliver said on Atlanta radio just now... ]

another program. This way he can play immediately while work on a masters degree on a football scholarship. Best wishes and thanks for the contributions.

Re: Chuck Oliver said on Atlanta radio just now...

Jan 31, 2011, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Chuck Oliver said on Atlanta radio just now... ]

They are right! Our LB's have been very marginal in the last few years. I'm hoping to get some that will be up to old standards. I do thank him for being a Tiger, though, and I wish him the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2011, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Chuck Oliver said on Atlanta radio just now... ]

Oh really???? And who would they be???

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2011, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Chuck Oliver said on Atlanta radio just now... ]

Guys, I never want to discourage any of our players, but unless you guys see something I don't in Brandon he has missed tackles cause he constantly gets out of position. The problem is he does not have the speed and agility to get back on the back or receiver once he runs past them. He is strictly a run stopper, he cannot cover backs or receivers with any speed in the flat, curl zone or further down field.

Sorry, I have not seen any marked improvement in his play just flashes here and there. When he does finally make a routine play he wants to be Ray Lewis. I say quit the darn showboating and do the routine job we need, play the position.

I wish nothing but success for Maye, but I do not think he is a D-1 LB by what I have witnessed since he has been here. And he may have led us in tackles against Usuc, but that was assists more then anything, with our tackles and noseguard having first contact. I was at the game and watched every play, he did nothing great.

well, bye.***

Jan 31, 2011, 1:23 PM

Noooooooooooo, Brandon, NOOOOOOOOOO!

Jan 31, 2011, 1:34 PM

You're a Tiger!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Why do people always dump on guys when they choose

Jan 31, 2011, 2:31 PM

a different path? In this case, the player is on schedule to graduate and will help out our APR. Not only that, he positions himself to do something beyond football by graduating. This is one of those deals that is a win/win should he elect to go. These are the kind of athletes you want in your program. So it didn't work out for Willy Korn and may not end up being a fairy tale ending for Brandon. But, he has done what has been asked of him and that is to come to school, work hard and graduate. I wish him nothing but the best if he thinks continuing playing elsewhere, while starting in on his grad studies, is what is best for him. If I get the chance to personally thank him, I will.

They are showing their cootdom***

Jan 31, 2011, 2:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Why do people always dump on guys when they choose

Jan 31, 2011, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Why do people always dump on guys when they choose ]

great post.. sure agree with what U said

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well in that case, have fun sitting out a year***

Jan 31, 2011, 1:39 PM

don't let the door hit you...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

bye.***

Jan 31, 2011, 1:51 PM

I hate to see him go. He was really improved this year.

Jan 31, 2011, 2:38 PM

We were going to benefit from his experience. Good Luck Brandon!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to see him go. He was really improved this year.

Jan 31, 2011, 3:55 PM

Seems like a really opportune time to leave if he was trying to hurt our recruiting. I'm sure the Gamecock posters who read this will jump all over it and in the meantime Clemson will roll right along and pick up some better players. Hate to see anyone leave before finishing out their commitment to us, though.

Re: I hate to see him go. He was really improved this year.

Jan 31, 2011, 4:02 PM

Maye leaving will help recruiting being that is one less player to beat out and being he is a senior that makes it even better. I have to think that if this is football motivated he sees the writing on the wall and it says that there are more talented players that are going to cut into his playing time. I applaud him for graduating and trying to move on to play football somewhere else if that is what happens. If it were me I would go somewhere that I could make a difference not take up a spot on the bench.

IMHO he will stay.

Jan 31, 2011, 5:10 PM

but who knows

Jan 31, 2011, 7:32 PM

smart guy leave while you can

Jan 31, 2011, 7:35 PM

yep he will actually leave early with a degree. has that ever happened in columbia.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They usually leave early with a felony***

Jan 31, 2011, 7:56 PM

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Who cares?

Jan 31, 2011, 9:10 PM

He has been an underachiever in his time here, and now he is probably frustrated and doesn't want to have to work hard to earn a starting spot. He's leaving at the first sniff of competition.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic