Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bradshaw: "We're Belmont, man"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Bradshaw: "We're Belmont, man"

Mar 26, 2014, 4:39 PM

In response to Clemson storming the court. The ESPN analyst goes on to add "settle down Clemson, aren't you supposed to do this?" Actually no, we weren't. That's the exact reason for the excitement and outpouring of support. I don't understand how sports analysts such as those at ESPN would pick a team to be one of the worst in their own league and then fault them when they get excited over highly exceeding expectations. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy but it certainly does seem that ESPN takes every single opportunity to criticize our sports programs and remind viewers of the failures we have endured in the past. Scar has been relevant for only the past four years and rather than repeatedly reminding viewers that Scar has had an abysmal football program such its inception, which has only recently changed, they only discuss how great of a coach Spurrier is, or how freakish Clowney is, or how tough-minded Shaw is. Clemson wins our conference, goes to BCS bowls 2 out of the past 3 years and we still have to deal with almost every single announcer discussing the letdown of the Orange Bowl or how we just can't quite beat FSU, etc. It's ridiculous. Perhaps ESPN forgets that college sports is about passion rather than lining others' pockets, so when a University like ours shows such support for their teams it catches them by surprise. #### them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bradshaw: "We're Belmont, man"

Mar 26, 2014, 4:43 PM

It only shows how narrow minded the idiots at ESPN are. They can't stand the fact that Clemson has excelled in basketball this year as they were not even supposed to come close to finishing where they did in the conference and they are pi$$ed they have now in the semi-finals for the NIT. The h3ll with ESPN and what they think.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2014, 4:46 PM

Hey! We pulled a "CLEMSON" last night .... A NEW CLEMSON.

Honestly, were I the Belmont coach

Mar 26, 2014, 5:04 PM

I'd be ticked at the attitude of the player saying that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, were I the Belmont coach

Mar 26, 2014, 5:09 PM

I agree totally. It sounds like he demeaned his whole team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must take after their coach. Belmont was playing dirty***

Mar 26, 2014, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Honestly, were I the Belmont coach ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2014, 5:23 PM

It's not about Belmont so get over your self. It is and it will always be about Clemson. We go to the floor and sing the Alma mater with the players and coaches and ESPN not knowing our traditions should not a be a surprise to anyone that follows Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Mar 26, 2014, 5:42 PM

And if that Belmont kid or any ESPN announcers had any sense, they would've known that we were celebrating our trip to New York and a chance at an NIT championship and NOT a win over Belmont

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Aren't you supposed to be in this

Mar 26, 2014, 5:56 PM

position, Clemson?" Ummmm, not according to the media preseason. It's kind of like how people used to say "Clemson's always picked to win the ACC and blows it." No, we used to rarely be picked to win the ACC under Bowden. But, sometime facts get in people's way of being jack@sses. Ah, well, I enjoyed storming the court. Screw ESPN

According to the seeding yes.***

Mar 26, 2014, 7:37 PM

828, frankly, I don't view any of that as any agenda against

Mar 26, 2014, 5:58 PM

Clemson...never have...never will.

Rather, I regard that kind of gibberish as nothing more than the ramblings of inept so-called sportscasters, most of whom live their lives with their behinds resting upon their shoulders. When they don't have enough substantial material to add, they ad-lib with inanity best relegated to the ash heaps of history.

You have to understand that journalism today is a far cry from that of olden times, for the media seeks personalities who can draw audiences, rather than accredited, intelligent and deliberative professionals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a reasonable thought considering

Mar 26, 2014, 6:20 PM

The monotony in reporting that takes place from Mike in Mike in the Morning, Cowherd, SportsCenter, etc. Any new information quickly becomes a story (or non-story, rather). However, I still get the very real feeling that everything SEC is spoken of in a more favorable manner. Perhaps Clemson is not spoken of in this sense because we are not in the SEC rather than being Clemson particularly, but it still pi$$es me off greatly.

Well, members of the media generally remind me of monkeys...

Mar 26, 2014, 6:33 PM

Monkey see, monkey do, for their relative lack of creative intelligence prompts repetition of others' words.

Hence, if one says it, the rest of the hairy creatures follow suit.

As for the SEC, it's one of their products, perhaps one of their most important, and they are going to promote it more. Yet, they're not stupid, for if the product begins losing luster, they will quickly become partisans of rising stars. That's business....

Too bad Dimwitch didn't educate him on our traditions

Mar 26, 2014, 8:06 PM

Oh wait...

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

FACT - ESPN is full of deviants and pedophiles***

Mar 26, 2014, 8:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic