Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,064

Brad Brownell

Mar 26, 2017, 11:26 AM

Can we give it a rest with all the negative posts? No amount of belly aching is going to change the decision at this point. He's our coach and here's a little perspective from when he was hired.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article14383019.html

When you see a coach as respected as Brad Stevens speak that highly of him maybe he's not such a poor coach after all. Another year of commitment to him with the facilities he asked for since he was hired may not be the worst thing that could happen to Clemson basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was on the front lines of the fire BB brigade

Mar 26, 2017, 11:33 AM

Until the decision was made. Seems futile to keep complaining now. I will pull for them and hope he can turn it around next year. If we continue to fall on our faces, though, I will go back to the front lines.

Re: Brad Brownell

Mar 26, 2017, 11:33 AM

It's two or 3 pathetic little trolls that are spamming the board

Luckily for them there are no mods

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 26, 2017, 11:40 AM

Sounds like he was wrong. You can pull positive quotes about any coach. Coaches don't speak poorly of their peers in general.

Mar 26, 2017, 11:41 AM

For the record, I care a lot less about Brad Stevens' opinion of Brownell in 2010 than I do about my own in 2017. I've sat through a lot of mediocre basketball in Littlejohn.

Mar 26, 2017, 11:47 AM

TU all around on this thread. Can't disagree with all comments but that being said. Clawing has it right. Nothing we can do except our part to support the team any way we can and if not a dramatic turnaround next year then lower the hammer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2017, 11:59 AM

Brownell get his chance next season to right the ship. If he succeeds and wins big , it proves all of us naysayers wrong. If he fails to win and doesn't make the NCAAs,it's time for a new coach.

Who are you going to believe? Stevens our your own eyes?

Mar 26, 2017, 11:56 AM

First it was "wait till after the season," now it's "give it a rest." While our bitter rival plays deep into the NCAA Tournament, we sit on our hands and hope for an NIT bid next year, unceremoniously dumped from the runt of post season play by a nobody.

When is it acceptable to question the sorry state of Clemson basketball? If you think things are going to improve next year, you've not been paying attention to reality these last 7 long hard years.

At some point, you move from being a no-questions-asked-supporter to being complicit, an enabler, and part of the problem in the struggles of the basketball program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we had won more than 17 games the last 3 yrs

Mar 26, 2017, 11:58 AM

I'd be more willing to cut him some slack. I truly hope he surprises all of us though and we have a great season next year, as Brad seems like a good guy. Just not going to get my hopes up.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we had won more than 17 games any of the last 3 yrs

Mar 26, 2017, 12:00 PM

Sometimes good guys make sorry coaches.

Glad to hear that he has the

Mar 26, 2017, 12:00 PM

Brad Stevens stamp of approval. That'll go a long way into getting us into the tourney....

Coaches generally don't say negative things about other coaches. At the end of the day, the guy is either getting it done or he's not.

Mar 26, 2017, 12:12 PM

My point being it's interesting to see the perspective of the coach of the Boston Celtics that may very well win the Eastern Conference this season. Who also happens to know him very well from going head to head when he was at Butler and Brownell was at Wright State. Nobody held a gun to his head forcing him to go on record with his comments.

There's no denying we didn't accomplish what we wanted to this season but the decision has been made. Continually posting negative comments about Brownell or Clemson basketball doesn't help anybody. We all know next season will determine what happens going forward.

By the same token, let's not post ancient propaganda

Mar 26, 2017, 12:21 PM

from a friend of his saying nice things 10 years ago and pretend that it informs us in any way, shape or form when we have seen with our own eyes what the truth looks like. Let's not spin and contort the facts to pretend that things are going well.

Clemson basketball is in a very bad place. Hope we emerge from this malaise soon, but stop pretending.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By the same token, let's not post ancient propaganda

Mar 26, 2017, 12:41 PM

It's not propaganda. It was a news story announcing his hiring.

I never said last year was good or anything was ok. Though Clemson basketball is far from a "very bad place" when the current head coach has won more conference games and has a better conference winning percentage in a much deeper ACC than any of his predecessors. See Larry Shyatt's tenure for very bad. Just offering some perspective in the midst of the incessant complaining I've read lately.

It's complete BS. YOu are defending the sorry state of

Mar 26, 2017, 1:22 PM

Clemson basketball with the same tired spin that has been proven to be meaningless. The NCAA Tournament Committee has told us all we need to know about Brownell's ACC record. It's not good enough to make The Tournament, no matter what kind of party hat you put on it. Heck, even the NIT has told us that it's meaningless.

If you are going to tell people to stop complaining, then stop selling the BS that our conference record is commendable and that our program is in good shape.

Re: It's complete BS. YOu are defending the sorry state of

Mar 26, 2017, 2:14 PM

U are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! There is NO WAY IN HELL TO SUPPORT BB IN ANY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By any measurement he IS A COMPLETE FAILURE!!There is NOTHING ABOUT our program that is anything other than COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2017, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad Brownell ]

There's no denying we didn't accomplish what we wanted to this season but the decision has been made. Continually posting negative comments about Brownell or Clemson basketball doesn't help anybody. We all know next season will determine what happens going forward.

That's the problem. It isn't this season, it is the last 6 seasons. At this point we don't know next year will be the determining factor. It has been "next year is our year" for the last couple of years. We need to move on and try to rebuild Clemson basketball. Telling fans to just accept it doesn't help either.

Mar 26, 2017, 12:48 PM

Drad allows all this acrimony to fester because he will not hold a news conference and explain his actions. Why ?

Mar 26, 2017, 12:24 PM

Even Coach K sings praises of rivals including Roy Williams. I judge by what I have seen on the court. Brownell is a nice man but his team performance is very mediocre as evidenced by his 17 wins per year average. These were his players last season and they underachieved badly. I have to wonder what it will take to get some of you to realize that good people don't make great coaches. Did the Bowden fan club go to the Leggett fan club to the Brownell fan club?

Mar 26, 2017, 12:27 PM

Blah blah blah......all about wins and losses

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2017, 12:44 PM

Exactly! It's how coaches are measured by.

Mar 26, 2017, 1:26 PM

Only an observation from a gar distance but it has not appeared to me that Coach Grad has as much passion about his team during and after the games as might be required to inspire the team he has assimilated. I see other coaches who are much more excited by wins and devastated by losses. other coaches than Brad did--especially in the season just ended.
Our team played helter-smelter and some guys even seemed disconnected from the reality of a game being played. Is that on Brad or the staff; I sure do not know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,064
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic