Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boys & Girls, i get it BUT Rose Parade & Rose Bowl would have been 110% more prestigious than Sugar.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Boys & Girls, i get it BUT Rose Parade & Rose Bowl would have been 110% more prestigious than Sugar.

Dec 8, 2017, 11:34 AM

It presented a much Larger national & world audience for both events held just miles & hours apart (i know since been there)..and both venues many years older since the Grandfathers of parades & bowls.

Saying..DabO is a Southern Boy who may not know about that West Coast tradition, plus he played in the Sugar and knows & cherishes that venue which he should..

and he made a personal decision (to his superiors) based on what he wanted & knew from the past and which venue would be best economically for fans from a relatively poor state, plus the route of less travel time which the West coast trip would cause. I understand!

Still, My feelings would have had CLEMSON UNIV attend the more prestigious Rose Venues (2 of them- Parade & Bowl in lovely Pasadena)..won the game vs Bama and then play for Natty in good ole Southern Atlanta.

Can you imagine watching the world-class & eye-popping flower-laden floats at Rose Parade and seeing Tiger Band round that starting parade corner in all their Orange & Purple Splendor blaring out TiGER RAG in front of all those tv cameras feeding it into outlets all over the world?!

Now tell me what you know about the Sugar Bowl Parade (I'm listening).

Clemson has never sniffed a Rose Bowl in 120 years..and may not in another...!

We made the wrong decision for promoting Clemson (University & Football) to the fullest..imho.

Nuff said..Go TiGERS-ROCK!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shouldn’t this poast be moved

Dec 8, 2017, 11:39 AM

to the Politics and Religion bored?

because Californicationa..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

^^ typical reply but know..

Dec 8, 2017, 11:41 AM

football was the topic, not politics or religion!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cfp committee makes choice, not

Dec 8, 2017, 11:44 AM

Clemson or Dabo. We would also lose a day of game prep.

Still, would have liked to play there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, Dabo made the choice***

Dec 8, 2017, 11:45 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong...

Dec 8, 2017, 11:55 AM

Click on link there to committee protocol. Section B playoff semis

"When assigning teams to sites, the committee will place the top two seeds at the most advantageous sites, weighing criteria such as convenience of travel for its fans, home-crowd advantage or disadvantage and general familiarity with the host city and its stadium. Preference will go to the No. 1 seed."

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2017/9/20/222148046_131504027176633556.aspx

Re: Wrong...

Dec 8, 2017, 12:13 PM

It is a great advantage to be playing this game in Louisiana for Clemson.
Especially if they were NOT playing Alabama.

Compare it with playing the game in Charlotte. Bama fans would be less happy I bet.

We're the #1 seed, did you miss this line?

Dec 8, 2017, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Wrong... ]

"Preference will go to the No. 1 seed"...Preference means choice...We chose

Interesting take. I read that as

Dec 8, 2017, 1:41 PM

committee will give it's preference to the number one seed. I'll admit I might very well have been wrong. You're interpretation does make sense.

Re: Cfp committee makes choice, not

Dec 9, 2017, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Cfp committee makes choice, not ]

#1 team had choice of where to play

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

We're not trying to collect cool points, we have 2 football

Dec 8, 2017, 11:44 AM

games to win Bill, playing in the Sugar is closer

Mr. Bill

This diatribe just tells me that you've never visited New Orleans.

Primetime Game in Nawlens!

Clemson's band playing in a parade is not why people will remember Clemson!We got THE only game in town! Cheers and drink up LBB!

GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: Boys, i get it BUT Rose Parade & Rose Bowl would have been 100% more prestigious than Sugar.

Dec 8, 2017, 11:49 AM

The only prestige Dabo is after is winning another Natty. The Sugar Bowl give us the best chance of doing that. Less time lost to travel, more Tiger fans in the stands for support, and more time to prepare for the championship game. Parades are great, but they don't trump those advantages. To quote Dabo ... the fun is in the winning. GO TIGERS !!!

Re: Boys, i get it BUT Rose Parade & Rose Bowl would have been 100% more prestigious than Sugar.

Dec 8, 2017, 11:56 AM

I agree Mr. Bulb, the Rose Bowl is the creme de la creme, but the loss of valuable time involved with cross country travel makes it second choice. What I really don’t like is our opponent in this game. This truly will be like a home game for the red elephants as NO is a very short drive from Alabama. I guess that it something that couldn’t be helped. For me, I would rather be playing the Buckeyes in this game. New Years in the big easy will not be a bad time I assure you!

Dec 8, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Boys, i get it BUT Rose Parade & Rose Bowl would have been 100% more prestigious than Sugar. ]

1. Dabo did not make the decision to go to N.O. , he stated a preference.
2. Clemson was assigned to N.O. by the CFP committee because it is closer to Clemson and the #1 team is assigned to the closest site. Clemson was not offered a choice of sites.
3. The Sugar Bowl may actually have more viewers since the Rose Bowl starts around 5:00 pm Eastern Time(2:00 Pacific Time) and the Sugar Bowl starts at 8:00 pm Eastern Time(5:00 Pacific Time).

Dec 8, 2017, 12:15 PM

I believe I read that the kickoff is 8:45. I hope it is earlier than that.

yep***

Dec 8, 2017, 11:53 AM

Dec 8, 2017, 11:55 AM

I’ve been to the Rose Bowl (early 90’s). I seriously considered selling my ‘11 Camaro convertible in order to take the family out to see our beloved Tigers play in the grand daddy of football bowl games. I guess the football gods saved me from having to make that difficult decision.

It wasn’t Dabo’s decision. He was just happy with it.

Dec 8, 2017, 11:58 AM

The committee awards the highest seeded team with the closest venue and playing against the lowest ranked team. Who cares for prestige and parades? We want a championship, and this is a decided advantage in that area. Also, NO is awesome and fans will have a blast.

Dec 8, 2017, 11:59 AM

They may have to move it, if the fires keep spreading.

Wish we could send them some of this rain.

Dec 8, 2017, 12:10 PM

Yep. They can have all this snow that is falling in the mountains right now. I don’t think I need it!

what promotes clemson best is the next game

Dec 8, 2017, 12:26 PM

3 skrate yrs

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't watch parades.***

Dec 8, 2017, 1:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Participate?

Dec 8, 2017, 1:59 PM

??

For the team, more prep time trumps the Rose Bowl appeal

Dec 8, 2017, 2:21 PM

in a situation where Best is the Standard.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

^^^APPLYING TO TEH RAG***

Dec 9, 2017, 2:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boys & Girls, i get it BUT Rose Parade & Rose Bowl would

Dec 9, 2017, 11:18 AM

The rose bowl means as much to me as the OSU Mich game.... nothing. My male life partner neighbors watch parades on tv, not I. Just win Tigers, wherever you are.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic