Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowman's going to be a super star back. All our
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Bowman's going to be a super star back. All our

Oct 1, 2020, 3:29 PM

coaches said as much. Make no mistake, this is a blow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For some strange reason

Oct 1, 2020, 3:31 PM

I'm not the least bit worried.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So was 5 star Feaster***

Oct 1, 2020, 3:40 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowman's going to be a super star back. All our

Oct 1, 2020, 3:43 PM

Deshaun wasn’t the starter after two games. Trevor wasn’t the starter after two games. Etienne wasn’t the starter after two games.

If this guy is two games into his career and disappointed with carries, that’s fine. If his reaction to that disappointment is to run away instead of working harder, I don’t care what kind of talent you have, I’ll help you pack your bags.

Shut your mouth.

Oct 1, 2020, 4:25 PM

Did you even read the #### article? His grandfather was a big reason he came here, and his grandfather passed away. Then his OTHER grandfather also passed away. He wants to be closer to home. Case closed.

I'm sad to lose him but this won't cripple our program. We're still STACKED at RB and have excellent backs coming in 2021. So with that in mind, wouldn't you rather NOT attack and make wild accusations about a kid less than a year removed from high school? Even on the tiny off chance that you're right, congrats, big guy, you just ripped a kid going through family tragedy. Really something to puff your chest out about, huh?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shut your mouth.

Oct 2, 2020, 7:49 AM

I posted this before the article was posted. This thread was here before hood had his talk. So thanks for the attack and accusation, big guy.

He told you to shut your mouth. LMAO.

Oct 2, 2020, 9:07 PM

I thought your post was very reasonable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 1, 2020, 3:47 PM

Also interesting that they pulled his financial aid immediately. Has to be more to this story than we are getting right now.

Oct 1, 2020, 4:07 PM

It’s rare that the Tigers attract a Prima Donna and I hope that isn’t the case here. The Tigers have a program centered around hard work and dedication and that philosophy has taken us to the top of the college football world.

Oct 1, 2020, 4:40 PM

This is true. I was speaking nothing of the young mans character or our coaches ability to spot quality people or talent. Was just stating a fact and it was a little weird given the situation..

Oct 2, 2020, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Bowman's going to be a super star back. All our ]

ClemTig16 said:

Also interesting that they pulled his financial aid immediately. Has to be more to this story than we are getting right now.

Per later feedback from David Hood that’s a standard procedure, so I understood it to normal course of business and not anything more about how he is departing.

Oct 3, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Bowman's going to be a super star back. All our ]

If true, it’s not a huge blow. Tuition, books, fees, room and board have already been paid for the semester. I imagine that leaves out things such as special tutoring/academic support and laundry money.

Pace looked great though against awake.***

Oct 1, 2020, 4:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pace looked great though against awake.***

Oct 1, 2020, 4:28 PM

Homeslice is absolutely correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kids who quit after two games are not going to be great.

Oct 1, 2020, 6:19 PM

He did not want to compete.

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney on new Clemson

Oct 1, 2020, 10:57 PM

signee Mike Bellamy:
"If I could sign just one running back in the country it would be Mike Bellamy and we got him."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Talent wasnt really Bellamy's problem

Oct 2, 2020, 9:45 AM

He was a character miss by the staff. We have no evidence that Bowman is anything like that.

Just from reading the David Hood piece, it sounds like he was never 100% all-in with Clemson and he probably got home sick and started second guessing his choice when he got up here.

Right now i just have no reason to believe that this isn't a big loss for Clemson and a big boost to whoever lands him (probably Florida).

Oct 2, 2020, 6:23 AM

He would have been a top 4 rb at Clemson all-time. Maybe the school aspect and being away from home was too tough. I was raised in California and my freshman year at Clemson was brutal. I barely made it through. I hated it. When I finally finished at Clemson I was sad to see it go. It takes time for some and growing up some is tough. He was probably babied where he grew up and then life came at him fast in college. Just my guess.

Oct 2, 2020, 2:15 PM

No doubt this is a major blow but we should be fine in the future. One good thing is it probably won't affect our run for a championship this season. My thought was Bowman could have been a contributor by CFP time.

RB is a position of strength for this program and will continue to be.

Somebody name me a player since Dabo Swinney has

Oct 2, 2020, 3:51 PM

been HC who left Clemson and had success on a D1 level somewhere else... I'll wait.

Sometimes that greener grass is over the septic tank. If he's homesick, that's fine but it won't bring his grandfather back. Harsh, I know but it's reality. Just pointing out that sometimes things need to be processed longer, but I'm sure Dabo told him that. I hate to see him go, but if it's really because he didn't like the depth chart and the incoming next year, he wasn't going to be successful at Clemson, anyway. He was the #1 RB on my wish list and I wish him luck.

Re: Somebody name me a player since Dabo Swinney has

Oct 2, 2020, 9:00 PM

Zerrick Cooper, Chad Kelly.

But I get your point. Fruhmorgen, Feaster, Bryant, Pagano, Johnson, Israel, Bellamy left us and did not blossom into something they were not when they were playing for Clemson. I would expect most players to be the best version of themselves when surrounded by stronger rather than weaker players. Chase Brice is not shining like a diamond at Duke these days.

ETN came to Clemson as a 3 star guy. By the end of August everyone knew he was special. Everyone remembers his 'embarrassment of riches' run vs Louisville and he averaged over 7 yards per carry his true freshman year. Bowman did not create that sort of buzz after he got here.

But I'm not saying we missed on him, or he's a bust. I think he lost two men who were important to him very recently and he's homesick. I wish him well. His home is closer to USF than to UF. Perhaps he can play for Jeff Scott.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 7:43 PM

It’ll be ok man...

B. F. D***

Oct 2, 2020, 9:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 9:32 PM

Clemsons program is MUCH bigger than any one recruit. Remember the fallout with Nkemdiche? How’d that turn out?

I’ve seen our staff come out Aces with recruiting so long, I have no doubt or worries when we lose a guy every now and then.

Next man up!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic