Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd

Jan 28, 2020, 2:57 PM

$EC love wins again

DJ moves behind Bama phenom Bryce Young. Surprise surprise

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

It would appear superlatives matter less than being named Bama: https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Clemson-recruiting-rankings-Bryan-Bresee-DJ-Uiagalelei--142823424/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd

Jan 28, 2020, 3:00 PM

They dropped Breese to #3 overall after having him #1 for 2 years....why? Their explanation is they are basing the rankings off where these players might be drafted in nfl.....so stupid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 3:02 PM

Seems like they base it on who Bama signs. And, since SECW is there, they need SECE also. Throw UGA up there.

Silly really

Jan 28, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd ]

No chance a midget QB goes before Bresee or DJ of they all live up to their 5 star rankings.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 28, 2020, 4:56 PM

^^^THIS 100%^^^

Jan 28, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd ]

They have no effing clue as to where these HS players will be drafted in NFL. If that is the reason for the screwing of Clemson, why was that little NFL draft jewel inserted AFTER they were drafted by CLEMSON.

Uneffing believable.

No way in hades will CLEMSON EVER be ranked #1 in recruiting. If voting by these turds still determined the natty champ. We would never get close to one.

The teams that start in the top 4 in the poll, has a huge advantage in making the final 4 for the natty. It is too hard for a team to move up 3-4 spots once midway in season. If Clemson languished in 7-8 place in polls going into 8-9th game of season, even if we were undefeated, it would be nearly impossible to move up to 4th having to pass the revered SEC schools. So. We need to get as high a pre season poll slot as possible this yr. And future yrs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 4:27 PM

You are arguing that recruiting ranks have something to do with CFP ranks?

Jan 28, 2020, 4:43 PM

No. Just transitioned to diff. Topic w/o disconnecting the 2 .

Sorry for the confusion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2020, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd ]

Just want to say if it was up to ESPN or the BCS it would. ESPN FPI and the BCS through some computer ranks both include recruiting rankings. Sure it is minimized in the end, however if you want to claim objectivity to identify the best you can’t include subjective data.

Are CFP members swayed by this...likely

null

Jan 28, 2020, 3:15 PM

Who cares?

Jan 28, 2020, 3:20 PM

could be the 664 posters not named Carlsbad that have viewed this post already.

Or , not. You can decide

Jan 28, 2020, 3:24 PM

They just read it. I cared to read too. Why do we care if we are 3rd or 1st? I dont mind 3rd a bit. It doesnt really mean much.

Jan 28, 2020, 3:28 PM

could be any number to me. Sucks losing #1 almost for now reason though. Click bait if nothing else.

We've done better with "worse" already. I'm not concerned at all. Just pointing out the obvious really.

We're fine.

Jan 28, 2020, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd ]

What is your threshold for caring(6th, 10th, etc)? Seriously, not trying to be a smart asse genuinely curious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like any other race

Jan 28, 2020, 3:47 PM

"if ya ain't first - ya last"

Jan 28, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd ]

Well we are really virtually the same. Its almost a tie, so first is basically the same as three in these rankings. That said, there is no threshold. Did we sign the players for our needs that were great? Yes. Sometimes classes are different sizes and so rankings they dont matter then either. They can be symbolic of how teams recruit. In the scenario we are in now, it doesnt matter though. It's splitting hairs. Spilled milk.

You must've missed the many men here who analyze

Jan 28, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd ]

every game, tweet, video, and bowel movement of each high school recruit Clemson is interested in.

I agree, it seems like a waste of time to obsess over this stuff, but there is no denying that there is a market for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 28, 2020, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd ]

No one should care until they bring up the eye test. This is why it matters.

Jan 28, 2020, 3:28 PM

The funny part...that's "supposedly" the composite rankings??

So, how is Clemson #3 on there when they are #1 on both Rivals and ESPN, and #2 on their own??

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/football
http://m.espn.com/ncf/recruiting/classRankings
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/

try figuring that one out...

Jan 28, 2020, 3:51 PM

Surely they could slip another SEC team in the Top 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eye test***

Jan 28, 2020, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 28, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowman get 5th Star on 24/7. Clemson drops to 3rd ]

Them there SUC boys don't do math so good, eh?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 28, 2020, 4:05 PM

247 - #2
ESecPN - #1
Rivals - #1

Therefore...
2+1+1=4

4/3=3 (I guess)

Why don't you understand that it doesn't matter?***

Jan 28, 2020, 3:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 3:53 PM

Enjoy being #1 in 2021 while you can. By the time it's over we may not even be in the top 10.

Jan 28, 2020, 3:57 PM

We all know its just a matter time before they move the SUC to #1.
Why worry about it. As Dabo says, "All of our players are 5 stars."

What I read here recently was

Jan 28, 2020, 4:04 PM

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT THEY DROP RECRUITS RANKINGS IF THEY COMMIT TO CLEMSON AND YOU ARE A TIN FOIL-HATTED NITWIT IF YOU THINK THEY DO!!!

So it’s odd to see this.

But I don’t think anyone expected Clemson to stay #1, whether it be due to Feb. commits or re-rankings. Just keep winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: What I read here recently was

Jan 28, 2020, 4:12 PM

IS THERE EVIDENCE OF ALABAMA RECRUITS RISING IN THE RANKINGS ONCE THEY COMMIT?

I truly don't care, but it makes for a good discussion.

Jan 28, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to What I read here recently was ]

Uh, let me break out another roll of tin foil. You keep believing in coincidents, and I'll keep donning the tin foil hat. Coincidental such as CU recruits dropping stars, while SEC recruits get stars added. Yeah, just a coincidence.

Why does it matter where you end up? Well as long as there is a score being kept, and that score is touted by the sports media as being indicative of how strong your program is at attracting top talent and perhaps some of the top talent is drawn to that program because they view that as how good that team may be in the future when they are playing on that team. Means something if you are number 1. And since the sports media is in love w/SEC football, and thinks ACC FB sucks, why wouldn't the SEC get a little help in making it look like it was so great that all the best talent was going there and not to the sucky ACC.

Yeah, pass me 2 more rolls of tin foil.

Jan 28, 2020, 5:25 PM

Well put.

Jan 28, 2020, 4:23 PM

It's simple really, if you want to protect your ranking don't sign with Clemson. If you want to be the best you can, sign with Clemson! Barton Simpson is an idiot... Bryce doesn't have an elite arm, he doesn't have elite size, but look what he's done on the field... Hello, he lost his last game to DJ on the FIELD!!! Freaking Idiot! Maturity?! How the hell is he more mature than DJ? Wonder how the 247 love of the SEC will fall as they lose their contract with them?

Jan 28, 2020, 4:28 PM

But no bias .....what a bunch of crap that never ends.......anybody that thinks there is no bias out there is either lying to themselves or just plain stupid......... Go Tigers!!!!!

Eh whatever. Landing the #1 class would be a cool novelty

Jan 28, 2020, 5:24 PM

thing, but we got the kids we got at this point and where they finish in the rankings obviously won't impact their future at Clemson.

Jan 28, 2020, 5:30 PM

Don't even care and never have

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ol’ Boom’s job just got that much easier.

Jan 28, 2020, 5:37 PM

~JKB

The pundits can’t create multiple losses for Clemson on

Jan 28, 2020, 6:09 PM

the field, so they have to score their victories where they can. The final ranking is all that matters and the recruits well know it. They come here to contribute to a team, not themselves.

Look, I am NOT going to worry about this #####

Jan 28, 2020, 7:06 PM

We had a bitchin' 2020 class and those guys are going to be phenomenal. I don't care if we are ranked 27th in recruiting. All the more motivation to coach them up and play together like a TEAM.

Same thing for 2021 - I don't care about rankings. We have some real studs and fine young men coming in here. They are going to grow and meld together and win us some championships.

The proof is in the pudding - see you on the field.

bitchin?

Jan 29, 2020, 4:10 AM

hadn't heard than one in about 40 years or so

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 11:35 PM

247 just hates Clemson.

We only have 2 of their top 3 players (247, not the composite).

I want justice!

SEC Love??

Jan 29, 2020, 12:59 AM

You are almost right and right at same time. These scouts are fans and college graduates both. Have you noticed that Georgia has always had top ranked cruits nationally? How about Florida, Texas and Cali? Have you noticed that the Texas recruit high level stars has decreased in last 4yrs??

It is 100% based off of location of top HS scouts live. Chad Simmons had lived in GA but add in he is a huge UGA homer. His recruit rankings always favor UGA, that is why DW went down, that is why Fields jumped Lawrence, that is why UGA has the best. Then look at primary location of scouts, and they are not in SC, but Chad in Uga, 2 in FL, 2 in Tex, 1 in LA, etc. But guess how many in SC an NC? Zero! They dont have one in every state!

Jan 29, 2020, 6:36 AM

why get upset over someone’s opinion of our recruits? Has no bearing on the quality of the player or quality of the young man.

Read the ranking, shake you head or roll your eyes, smile and move on

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic