Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bottom line: The booing incident on Saturday reflected poorly on Clemson fans.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Bottom line: The booing incident on Saturday reflected poorly on Clemson fans.

Oct 23, 2012, 2:02 PM

It served as an indicator that there are many individuals whose mental and social faculties are easily subverted by exaggerated cultural and media influences. Any rational observer would conclude that it was neither the time nor the place for such an outwardly daft reaction. As a devout Clemson fan, I am disheartened that so many of my brethren could be that socially inept and obtuse. I would ask all readers of this post to recognize that there is a concerted, politically and/or monetarily motivated effort to inject animosity into the hearts and minds of the people via the media. Please do your best to consume all information from the media with a skeptic's eye. Do not so easily suspend your social and critical faculties. Remember that we are all Clemson fans, all Americans and all people, and people deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, especially in this particular situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's about time we talked about this***

Oct 23, 2012, 2:02 PM

LOL. This ^***

Oct 23, 2012, 2:16 PM

Re: LOL. This ^***

Oct 23, 2012, 2:22 PM

I am guessing 99% of the people complaining are Obama supporters. If this is true please understand that even though you are offended you are not going to get anything for free. Please feel free to change political parties or college football teams. I am ok with either.

Thanks

Bingo.***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:34 PM

^A-Hole Response.

Oct 24, 2012, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL. This ^*** ]

Dude, b/c someone disagrees with you, you are going to tell a lifelong Clemson man to switch teams? ####.

Re: ^A-Hole Response.

Oct 24, 2012, 2:26 PM

Of course he is. Small minds have trouble understanding different opinions.

> Dude, b/c someone disagrees with you, you are going
> to tell a lifelong Clemson man to switch teams? ####.

Re: Bottom line: The booing incident on Saturday reflected poorly on Clemson fans.

Oct 23, 2012, 2:24 PM

Agree 100%.
Unfortunately, I suspect, what you wrote went over the heads of those booing.

I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt,

Oct 23, 2012, 2:32 PM

gas prices eternally over $4.00/gal, a diminished standing in the world, the biggest tax increase in our history coming Jan 1st, the Obamacare boondoggle, and so on and so on ad nauseum...

All point to a diaffected populace fed up with the status quo. By all means they should be encouraged to vocalize their displeasure with the situation they have been dealt by the executive branch of the federal government.

I ask you, should the Colonists have sat idly by as the oath to King George was recited? Certainly the Loyalists would have scoffed almost identically as you at the rabble before them. Thank God they failed to quash the dissent of our forefathers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt,

Oct 23, 2012, 2:40 PM

Agree, too many people stand by idly while the country rots from the inside. Where does leadership evolve if nobody speaks out? It's easy to be politically correct. It takes more courage to speak out. Everything will NOT be ok if we continue on this course. It's time to stop pretending. Of course, no disrespect to fellow military members notwithstanding.

US Government 101

Oct 23, 2012, 2:49 PM

There are three branches of government - Executive (President), Legislative (Congress), and Judicial (Supreme Court) and they all check/balance each other.

That being said - if you aren't happy with Obama, some blame also must be given to our "do nothing" congress and supreme court (which upheld "ObamaCare"). If you're going to boo Obama, might as well write a strongly worded letter to your congressman as well.

Not so fast, most of the damage was done during the first

Oct 23, 2012, 2:56 PM

two years when Obama had his party in power in the House and the Senate. After the 2010 midterms the other party took the house and has held Obama semi-in-check.

As a result Obama decided he would just bypass everyone and everything with executive fiat, czar appointment, and ordered his justice dept to ignore laws on the books.

Re: I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt,

Oct 23, 2012, 2:51 PM [ in reply to I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt, ]

Dang. I guess you would have been okay with booing Bush, then,right? Pretty much everything you said, well, except the part about Obamacare, replace that with 48 million uninsured Americans, oh, and the gas prices were actually higher during the last quarter of 2008 under Bush, and the tax increase is going to be on the wealthy (like Romney) who are paying 15-18% while the rest of us are paying 30+%, you obviously don't read foreign papers because we are FAR better liked and respected across the globe now than we were under Bush, oh yeah and you are right about the $16 trillion, but you seem to forget two things there, one, Bush increased the deficit more than EVERY single President combined in eight years, two Obama inherited an economy in disaster and a huge deficit, whereas Bush inherited a good economy and a SURPLUS. And I am not a LIBERAL and I think Obama hasn't been a very good President, I said this just to point out how any President can have people who would like to boo him, some people just have the class not to at the improper time.

Unfortunately the facts have no place in these addled minds.***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know even know where to begin with that basket of

Oct 23, 2012, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt, ]

loonacy you just vomited.

But I'll give it a try...
Many small businesses file their income taxes as INDIVIDUALS and are going to be hammered Jan 1st. Yes, they made more than $250,000 in the past year but...that CNC Milling machine cost $45,000 + the new operator to run it costs $38,000 for the year + the payroll taxes for the new operator + all the other employees salaries and payroll taxes + taxes on the businesses' property + tooling for the machines for the year + $20/hr for the secretary + fees for the accountant that has to decipher the one gazillion lines of IRS code + $1,500 to refurbish the delivery truck's diesel engine + $3,500 to replace the busted TIG rig + gotta pay 4 years into that Obamacare medical plan before a dime comes out + oh yeah forgot about State and Local taxes

So please by all means go crawl back in your hole. The grown-ups in the room are out in the f'n real world.

Don't file as an individual. Laundry list of deductions.***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From that response one can only assume mommy is still doing

Oct 23, 2012, 3:22 PM

your laundry...

Not quite. She passed a few years ago. But I will give you a

Oct 23, 2012, 4:10 PM

tip. Try incorporating.

Re: I don't know even know where to begin with that basket of

Oct 24, 2012, 4:34 AM [ in reply to I don't know even know where to begin with that basket of ]

you only pay $38,000 annually for the cnc operator, yet you pay the secretary $ 20.00/hr? she had better do more than answer the phone!

Re: I don't know even know where to begin with that basket of

Oct 24, 2012, 7:26 AM [ in reply to I don't know even know where to begin with that basket of ]

You are paying out all that money on equipment and employees and making less than $250,000 a year? BAHAHAHAHA! Either you are a bad business man and losing money big time, or maybe the IRS should be investigating you for tax fraud! Or more likely, it is a self-serving anecdote you found on a Republican website and is using questionable RNC factoids.

Awww, Walrus you really should go back to making espressos

Oct 24, 2012, 2:03 PM

for Al Gore's gaping maw.

That Philosophy degree must have really helped you land that killer Starbucks job...tsk tsk

Next pt. "and the tax increase is going to be on the wealthy

Oct 23, 2012, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt, ]

(like Romney) who are paying 15-18% while the rest of us are paying 30+%"

Hey genius, that 15-18 percent you so lovingly plucked from the media matters braintrust is on investment income. Romney has already paid taxes on that same money at the time he earned it, and at a #### of a lot higher rate than you've ever paid. Romney has in effect paid his taxes twice. Can you say the same thing...didn't think so

That's why he has all the offshore accounts.***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:52 PM

blind follower needs to google "blind trust fund"***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:56 PM

Independent and see the corruption on both sides.***

Oct 23, 2012, 4:06 PM

Good, then there is hope for you afterall...***

Oct 23, 2012, 4:12 PM

3rd pt. "we are FAR better liked and respected across the

Oct 23, 2012, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt, ]

globe now"

The 4 dead in Benghazi including our Libyian ambassador may have something to say about that. Oh thats right...

4,000-plus in Iraq alone. But that's okay... we got the oil.***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:55 PM

"But Afganistan was the good war!" - Obama***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:57 PM

None of them are good, but what most fail to realize is it

Oct 23, 2012, 4:02 PM

doesn't matter whether it's a Demi-Con or a Pubic-Rat, they don't make the call. They're merely mouthpieces and figureheads.

Re: None of them are good, but what most fail to realize is it

Oct 23, 2012, 11:23 PM

Actually I am a moderate who will vote Republican or Democrat based on the who I agree with more, or in this case against who I find the most disagreeable. Your little explanation of the tax rate smacks more of GOP anectdote than the real world. If you run a small business, you will receive numerous tax breaks from the state, feds, and locals, not as much as the big boys, but you will get them. NO, there is NO difference between invested money and earned money. You or I invest our time and labor to get paid, he invests money, which is his ONLY SOURCE of income, so NO he didn't already pay taxes on it, because that is his only job. You want to talk about a fair flat rate tax on everybody I'm your man, but right now you are defending a policy of welfare to the rich which has been disastrous for this country. Clinton taxed the rich at our rate, added 20 million private jobs and had a surplus, Bush reduces the taxrate and we get 20 jobs lost and a huge deficit.

Re: None of them are good, but what most fail to realize is it

Oct 23, 2012, 11:34 PM

Make that 20 million lost jobs under Bush. It is a hypocrisy of many Republican supporters to state that welfare for the poor reduces their incentive to work by giving them free money for doing nothing and totally ignore the fact that the same concept applies to these "welfare for the rich" tax breaks which give the wealthy free money and removes their incentive to create business or jobs since they are getting money for free. Eisenhower had the highest taxrate ever on the rich, the fastest growing economy, and was the LAST REPUBLICAN President to have a surplus instead of a deficit. And as far as our world respect I see you still haven't looked at foreign news sources and compared them to Bush's time. And you seem to forget Bengazhi pales in every way compared to 9/11 that happened on Bush's White House watch.

Don't act like it was noble to boo

Oct 23, 2012, 3:02 PM [ in reply to I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt, ]

It was rude. If you want to do something, peacefully protest, write your congressmen & women, etc. Booing is the coward's way of thinking you're involved in the solution. There is never an excuse for booing military.

All caused by 30 years of far right wing policies and...

Oct 24, 2012, 4:32 AM [ in reply to I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt, ]

trickle down economics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're the idiot everyone is talking about, huh?

Oct 24, 2012, 1:29 PM [ in reply to I disagree, +8% unemployment, $16 trillion in debt, ]

It has absoutely nothing to do with the current administration and what you think of it. ZERO. And only an idiot would suggest otherwise.

The booing didn't make us look conservative, it made us look STUPID.

How's that faded Obama 'Hope' poster looking from your

Oct 24, 2012, 1:54 PM

parent's house. You know if you'd move out one day they could convert that into a nice entertainment room or something...tsk tsk

YOU MUST SUPPORT OBAMA!

Oct 23, 2012, 2:38 PM

Judging from your "big worded", "highly intelligent", "calm", "thoughtful", "rational" post. Just who do you think you are, Mr. 'Why don't we act with a small amount of class and civility'?

Re: YOU MUST SUPPORT OBAMA!

Oct 23, 2012, 2:48 PM
ObamaHitler.jpg(200.0 K)

I know, right?!!?

Oct 23, 2012, 2:58 PM

I mean, he's just like Hitler, in that he TOTALLY wants to exterminate the white race in the process of taking over the world!!!

Re: Bottom line: The booing incident on Saturday reflected poorly on Clemson fans.

Oct 23, 2012, 3:28 PM

I don't think it matters whether or not you agree with the president or not or the policies in terms of the disgraceful event we saw Saturday. What matters is we apparently have a fan base who think they have the right to publicly dishonor those committing to join the Armed Forces.

Whatever your views keep them away from my d@mn university and stadium and find an appropriate forum to vent your frustration.

On Saturdays we all wear orange and all are tigers, that should be all that matters at that given time.

Only a delusional Obama supporter would try and assert

Oct 23, 2012, 3:48 PM

that the boo's were directed at the enlistees. They CLEARLY were booing the Commander-in-Chief.

As a Vet (4yrs USAF), it did not bother me in the least.

However, if you care so much for the troops as you wish us to believe, then why not direct your rage at the folks in Obama's party that are tring to prevent our front-line troops' absentee ballots from being counted in the upcoming election?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/15/romney-campaign-files-federal-suit-to-ensure-all-military-ballots-count-in-wisconsin/

Must have learned that from Jeb in Florida in 2004.***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:57 PM

I prefer Jed from Red Dawn in 1984***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:59 PM

The way things are going, it could be a reality in the next

Oct 23, 2012, 4:08 PM

few decades.

Re: Only a delusional Obama supporter would try and assert

Oct 23, 2012, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Only a delusional Obama supporter would try and assert ]

Please, a link to a site run by #### Cheney's do-boy, Tucker Carlson? Probably next you're going to link to the RNC for unbiased stuff about Obama, right?

Oct 23, 2012, 3:37 PM

LMAO
What someone else does or don't do has never made me
fill like they reflected poorly my views or values, if that was the case then the one who they were booing would really affect me with all the proven lies he has communicated

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you meant to post this on MSNBC Politico Webchat***

Oct 24, 2012, 12:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next pt. "and the tax increase is going to be on the wealthy

Oct 24, 2012, 6:46 AM

Uh, is he paying taxes again every year on the principle? Or just the investment earnings? I'm pretty sure it is just the earnings. Therefore, he is most certainly not paying taxes twice on the same money. What he is doing it legal. He would be stupid to pay more taxes than he needs to. So no blame to him. But he is not paying taxes twice.

Re: 3rd pt. "we are FAR better liked and respected across the

Oct 24, 2012, 6:49 AM

I live overseas. Trust me. America is viewed much more favorably under Obama. Bush antagonized the rest of the world with his "bring it own" comments and cowboy style. I don't agree with all of Obama's policies, but as a diplomat, he is far far superior to his predecessor.

We don't care if people "like" us

Oct 24, 2012, 7:18 AM

we want security for our country and our people in the middle east. Obama';s apology tour did nothing but create a sign of "weakness". WRONG move, he is in over his head, and if you cannot figure it out, you have a problem.

Re: We don't care if people "like" us

Oct 24, 2012, 7:49 AM

a recent survey by the BBC showed that people interviewed in 20 out of 21 countries world wide preferred Obama over Romney. The lone exception is Pakistan, the country that hid Bin Laden.

of course they do

Oct 24, 2012, 7:51 AM

he kisses their ##### and shuns our allies. (ISRAEL)

Re: of course they do

Oct 24, 2012, 8:46 AM

Funny you should say that seeing as how ISRAEL is on one of the countries on the list as preferring OBAMA over Romney.

Oct 24, 2012, 8:59 AM

My above post is incorrect. Israel is NOT on that list. My son hacked the computer while I was driving my daughter to school, and although the most conservative member of the house on many things(Ron Paul supporter), he hates Romney worse than Obama for some reason.

Oct 24, 2012, 4:34 PM

oh I knew all along it was incorrect. I have come to expect it of you. btw, I have 6 trillion reasons to vote against the big eared goof.

Another recent survey also showed that 2/3s of the world

Oct 24, 2012, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't care if people "like" us ]

believes that the United States never actually landed on the moon and it was a big conspiracy...whats your point?

Hmm, didn't know that's who he was running against...

Oct 24, 2012, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: 3rd pt. "we are FAR better liked and respected across the ]

Time to start living in the present

LMAO, people like you make me laugh

Oct 24, 2012, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: 3rd pt. "we are FAR better liked and respected across the ]

Obama has done nothing but continue the Bush doctrine and he's bombed citizens in Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, and Syria in addition to Iraq and Afghanistan. How can you be so blind?

(For the record, Romney is no different)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don't care if people "like" us

Oct 24, 2012, 7:25 AM

Showing willingness to listen is not weakness. He is strategic. Beefing up our military presence in Asia. It's the right thing.

Bush did not make us safer by making 90% of the world hate is. We are only 300 million out of 6 billion. I don't care how good our military is, we need friends in the world. We can't bully our way to get what we want. It's not that type of world anymore. Have these two wars not clearly demonstrated that?

Yes, because literally BOWING to every world leader

Oct 24, 2012, 10:31 AM

at every opportunity vastly increased our respect across the globe.

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/data/2012/10/22/20121022_210448.htm

Re: Yes, because literally BOWING to every world leader

Oct 24, 2012, 12:39 PM

You you might be more convincing if you put up real NEWS sites to prove your case, instead of rightwing bloggers. PS I also read Matt Drudge's site, for rightwing spin, then I go to Buzzflash for leftwing spin, the parts which match up I consider facts, the other parts I consider right or left bias.

Drudge must have photoshopped those pics then, ehhh***

Oct 24, 2012, 1:47 PM

Oct 24, 2012, 9:31 AM

I thought everyone was yelling "Nuuuk!"

...does it reflect badly on Clemson fans or badly on the President's term?

Oct 24, 2012, 12:40 PM

Who did you want us to nuke?

Oct 24, 2012, 10:29 AM

Can we please give this topic a rest??? We have a big game tomorrow night. Go Tigers!!!

Here's the way I see it.

Oct 24, 2012, 5:01 PM

The "booing incident" is being overblown.

I'm disappointed it happened at Clemson.

Using the same set of gameday cirumstances and the dramatic manner in which the commissioning oath was given, the SAME result would have happened anywhere. In the midst of a heated presidential race, would you expect 80,000 people to agree?

The adminstration should take most of the responsibility for creating a gameday scenario that invited the unfortunate response.

Question:
What would the crowd reaction have been if John Swofford had been introduced between the 3rd and 4th quarters?

By the way, the only booing I heard was tongue in cheek and

Oct 24, 2012, 10:27 PM

a good natured smattering at best. Was there any more to it than that?

Here'***

Oct 24, 2012, 5:39 PM

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic