Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Senate dems DO NOT WANT police reform
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 388

Senate dems DO NOT WANT police reform

Jun 24, 2020, 2:58 PM

Blocked, rather than opened discussion on the matter. Hope Schoomie gets night sticked by a black NYPD officer for jay walking.

The left has no clue what to do or where to go.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-gop-police-reform-bill-fails

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Will be interesting to see what is in the bill

Jun 24, 2020, 3:07 PM

that is an absolute no go for dems.

This kind of #### happens way too much in Congress.

Dems will put an absolute no go in a bill (like a 30% tax increase on guns) then when R's refuse to even debate it they trot out the "Pubs don't care about issue X"

and vice versa.

It's not about fixing anything it's about giving more meat to the base on both sides.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Again, transparency is the key. Could be either side

Jun 24, 2020, 3:10 PM

playing games, although I would say that the Republicans have more to gain by addressing these issues and the Democrats have more to gain by letting them fester as long as they can blame Republicans. But that's all guesses...they should release the bill and speak to specifics.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Can we just recall Congress. Put in 534 random people

Jun 24, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Will be interesting to see what is in the bill ]

We'd be better served with gas station cashiers at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, we can do that?

Jun 24, 2020, 3:24 PM

I am sold

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I tried to replace Lindsey Graham. Didn't work.***

Jun 24, 2020, 3:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes

Jun 24, 2020, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Will be interesting to see what is in the bill ]

You have to pass the bill to see what’s in the bill.—

I think heard that in DC once, can’t remember who’s name to put next to the dash, but I’m sure someone here knows.

Re: Will be interesting to see what is in the bill

Jun 24, 2020, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Will be interesting to see what is in the bill ]

I've got a serious question.

Jun 24, 2020, 3:10 PM

How do you choose which words to go allcaps on? Like, how did you decide on "Senate dems DO NOT WANT police reform" as opposed to "SENATE DEMS do not want POLICE REFORM" or just balls-to-the-wall "SENATE DEMS DO NOT WANT POLICE REFORM"?

TIA

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I ran it by the folks on the mange. HTMFH.***

Jun 24, 2020, 3:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Why would dems want FEWER police?

Jun 24, 2020, 3:20 PM

Or less aggressive police with fewer weapons?

Who will they rely on to take people's guns? Who will round up people who post things they don't like on social media? They just want the police to look the other way on laws they don't like, and enforce the ones they do like and hope to enact via presidential fiat or through the courts, since that's the only way policy happens now.

they will try to include things that dont even have a lick

Jun 24, 2020, 3:20 PM

to do with racism or cops. Just a guess.

free #### most likely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both sides are a mess, but make no mistake...

Jun 24, 2020, 3:24 PM

Everything that could go wrong is going wrong right now...foot on the gas...there can be no silver linings for the pubs until November.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me disappoint Franc one more time by...

Jun 24, 2020, 3:46 PM

pizzing everyone off real good.

Nobody in congress wants a police reform bill. Both groups of wicked politicians want to use police reform for a campaign issue. Democrats can't because they can not have Trump's name on another justice reform bill. That's going to put them in pain in Nov because the bill undos exactly what Biden did 25 years ago.

Had dems really wanted to reform policing practices Nancy would have jumped out front and had a bill ready to negotiate with the senate already. Anything she comes up with has to suit the terrorist tearing up and burning property and she knows it.

The pubs really don't want to change policing practices. They will say they do but they'd rather be able to point the finger at the dems and accuse them of not wanting one.

The mange RAG aspires to such a jerkelcirk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s kind of skeptical...

Jun 24, 2020, 3:52 PM

I think Tim Scott wants reform. I think most thoughtful people want reform.

I do think having BLM in an uproar is advantageous politically to the democrats because they, for some reason not steeped in history, think the democrats are helping them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The radicals in the streets say 'silence is violence.'

Jun 24, 2020, 3:55 PM

Imo, that is the greatest help dems give them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poice reform beer analogy: Pubs want O’Douls, Dems Jai Alai.***

Jun 24, 2020, 6:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 388
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic