Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Agree, glad RBG's seat will be filled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 446

Agree, glad RBG's seat will be filled

Sep 23, 2020, 9:17 AM

No reasonable person wishes death on anyone, but she should have resigned a long time ago. If anyone had to pass, I'm thankful it was not a conservative.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2020/09/19/flashback-liberals-celebrated-the-death-of-conservative-justice-antonin-scalia-n944817?fbclid=IwAR0WHurG2AfgUOf3wAIgjaubICrxhA26Slr_0zCnfLFMrEca4mXCpdjmbuI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree, glad RBG's seat will be filled

Sep 23, 2020, 9:22 AM

I think it's important to confirm the new justice BEFORE the election. If that happens, the Dem base will be somewhat less likely to come out and vote.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah yes, the Republican election strategy

Sep 23, 2020, 10:00 AM

IF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE COME OUT AND VOTE, WE WILL LOSE!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Let me get this straight.

Sep 23, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Agree, glad RBG's seat will be filled ]

You think a President who wasn't popularly elected nominating a judge and a Senate that doesn't reflect the American people confirming her, making the SCOTUS heavily conservative, isn't going to motivate people to vote?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me get this straight.

Sep 23, 2020, 10:40 AM

You clearly don't get it.

Everything ultimately works for The Donald's Master Plan.

Or maybe Miura just has more misplaced confidence than Scrappy Doo.

Pick one.

If the election is to be decided by the SCOTUS as it was...

Sep 23, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Agree, glad RBG's seat will be filled ]

when Bush/Gore ran then we need an odd number to ensure there isn't a tie vote which would put the acting speaker of the house in charge of America. I've heard some say an undecided election would cause a constitutional crisis.

No, the constitution covered this well. Having Pelosi sit at the helm was the best dems could hope for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not going to be tied

Sep 23, 2020, 10:50 AM

either way, it's not going to be a tie.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: It's not going to be tied

Sep 23, 2020, 11:25 AM

Are you one of those people who think, 'The worst that can happen if I run this stop sign is the ticket I'll get 'if a cop sees me?'

There's a certain risk/reward for not respecting the worst case scenario. I'm not willing to risk it. There is no risk for you in a tie, it would so suit you to have Pelosi run the country until we could schedule and hold another election. That isn't going to happen.

Before the SCOTUS is charged with deciding the outcome of our election we will be sure to have nine justices and an inauguration ceremony early next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not RBG's seat.

Sep 23, 2020, 11:19 AM

It belongs to America's citizens. Saying it's RBG's seat is the perversion which dems use to claim it's their seat. There is nothing in the constitution giving any political party ownership of a SCOTUS seat.

I reject the premise that any dead person or any party owns a SCOTUS seat. It not just a faulty premise it's a lie from hail. It was RBG's seat when she lived but if it belonged to her she should have taken it with her when she left.

After Kavanaugh was seated RBG said we don't have democrats and republicans on the court, we have justices (or judges). That's how it is.

I am not grieving over the loss of a SCOTUS, I'm grieving over the loss of a soul. The grief on the left seems to be over losing a SCOTUS seat which never belonged to them.

It was not my intent to attack you or your ideas. I just felt a need to express truth here and apologize that it seems over the top and anything more.

Re: Agree, glad RBG's seat will be filled

Sep 23, 2020, 11:24 AM

It’s the presidents DUTY to nominate a replacement. All this wait until the election is hogwash. It was also hogwash that Lindsay Graham and others opposed this line of thinking a few years ago. No where does any law state a president must wait if it’s close to an election. That is crazy now and it was also crazy under Obama.

Both Trump and Obama did their jobs.

Sep 23, 2020, 11:43 AM

Mitch did his job in both cases too. The senate judiciary committee did not recommend that Garland be exposed to the embarrassment of being voted down in open session. Mitch took their recommendation.

While it sucks that the senate failed to reject Garland by a vote of the entire body this was not the senate's first time breaking ranks and upsetting the process. Think of the many times democrats attacked those much qualified judges who were nominated by republican presidents.

The democrats weaponized the process decades before Garland was nominate. Dems expect republicans to 'play fair,' while they upset norms like holding hightech lynches for nominees who aren't progressive enough to sit on the SCOTUS bench. They expect pubs to 'play nice,' while they change the rules of voting for justices, I remind you of Harry Reid's actions.

They think it's OK to spy on an opposing candidate if it's them doing it knowing that pubs would never weaponize a federal bureau and file false charges of impeachment.

Now they are promising to upset yet another system, the SCOTUS. They've used the SCOTUS for four
decades to legislate that which the American people would vote against. Now we're returning to normal, traditional SCOTUS which is simply going by what the law says, not finding new meanings which were never intended by those who wrote the constitution.

Unfair rings throughout the nation from the very people who think mostly peaceful protest did two billion dollars worth of damage.

that makes no sense...Obama made his nomination. no

Sep 23, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree, glad RBG's seat will be filled ]

one went crazy over it

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Replies: 11
| visibility 446
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic