Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boston College Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,827

Boston College Game

Aug 9, 2018, 10:43 PM

Hoping you all could help me with something. Last year I went to my first Clemson game in Syracuse after being a fan for 30+ years. This year I am planning to go to the Boston College game of which I have acquired tickets to the Bruins-Leafs game (one of our friends is on the Leafs). What time would you suspect the Clemson game will be at. I am hoping for the noon game so as not to have the conflict.

Ontario Tiger

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boston College Game

Aug 10, 2018, 5:44 AM

Went up there a few years ago, was a night game. Don't get your hopes up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boston College Game***

Aug 10, 2018, 6:14 AM

Aug 10, 2018, 6:21 AM

I went to last away game there and it was Friday night game. I had a blast! Boston is a fun town and the BC fans were very accommodating. If you are used to Death Valley you will be disappointed with the atmosphere which is more like a high school game or a minor league baseball game. Very little to no tailgating and it’s illegal to tailgate after the game. They will start announcing that after halftime. As far as the game time, it’s a roll of the dice. If really depends on how well BC is doing at the time and what other games we are competing against for airtime. You most likely won’t know till the Sunday before the game when the networks start putting holds on the games they are interested in.

Aug 10, 2018, 7:17 AM

There's a fair to middling chance that the BC game will clinch the division title for us, and they have the league's best running back (according to media).

Other notable games that day include Miami-GT, UNC-Duke, Wisconsin-Penn State, VT-Pitt, Auburn-UGA, Oklahoma-Oklahoma State, and Ohio State-Michigan State. Competition for the prime time spot will not be particularly fierce.

My bet would be a 3:30 start. Possibly noon but it depends on both teams' records. I'd say there's a moderate, but not great, chance that it will be an evening game.

Re: Boston College atatasa***

Aug 10, 2018, 8:59 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 9:00 AM

Time won’t be offficially announced until at least 2 weeks before the game and possibly one week before the game if they use the 6 day option.

BC has a chance to be ranked when Clemson plays them. If that happens you can bet they will try to make it a prime time matchup at night.

Aug 10, 2018, 10:01 AM

Two years ago it was a night game. Four years ago it was a 3:30 game. Kickoff won't be determined until anywhere from 6 to 14 days from kickoff (all determined by the ESPN scheduling gods). IF BC is having a good year and there aren't a whole lot of other attractive games nationally, it could be a night game. There is no reliable way to know this far out.

Aug 10, 2018, 10:02 AM

Two years ago it was a night game. Four years ago it was a 3:30 game. Kickoff won't be determined until anywhere from 6 to 14 days from kickoff (all determined by the ESPN scheduling gods). IF BC is having a good year and there aren't a whole lot of other attractive games nationally, it could be a night game. There is no reliable way to know this far out.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic