Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables prepares his defense for "pain in the butt" flexbone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables prepares his defense for "pain in the butt" flexbone

Nov 12, 2013, 4:50 PM

Venables prepares his defense for "pain in the butt" flexbone

Following the win over Georgia Tech last season, defensive coordinator Brent Venables called Paul Johson's flexbone a pain in the butt, and now he has to prepare his defense for this Thursday night's primetime matchup against the Jackets. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT is better this year than last and last year they led in

Nov 12, 2013, 4:52 PM

4th quarter 31-30. Tigers better bring their 'A' game thursday night!!

I think they were a little better last year.***

Nov 12, 2013, 5:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT is better this year than last and last year they led in

Nov 14, 2013, 12:05 AM [ in reply to GT is better this year than last and last year they led in ]

We had better show up. This is a scary game, but one you have to win if you want to be considered a top team.
Ga. Tech is by no means a great team. We lose to them, then the season is a bust.

This game is more likely to be competitive

Nov 12, 2013, 5:18 PM

than not. We've not had very much success stopping this offense. One game we absolutely shut it down, maybe 2010. However, other than that they've just run up and down the field on us. Well over 300 yds rushing last year. We have won the last few, but they're always competitive. They led us going into the 4th qtr last year. Point being, this game is in no way one that will be a cakewalk. I so wanna see us just shut this offense down for once. SHUT IT DOWN. I think we're likely looking at another won that's close, then we pull away in the fourth. If I was betting I may even take Tech and the 10.5 points. These games have always been close with some being downright crazy. I also wanna see our offense come out clicking the way started to on the last drive of the first half vs Va. That drive seemed to get us in sync and I want to see us start a game off that way, and stay that way the whole game. I'm going to say Tigers 40 Tech 31 in another crazy one.

Re: This game is more likely to be competitive

Nov 14, 2013, 12:09 AM

UVA is a pathetic team. If we are who we (and the polls) say we are, then we whould trample them. Imagine them playing Fla. State. However, we'll either make a statement or be totally exposed.

Re: Front Page Story: Venables prepares his defense for "pain in the butt" flexbone

Nov 12, 2013, 6:16 PM

Teams that can't stop this kind of offense generally speaking don't have very good players on he corner or linebackers. If you have a really good front 7 it should not be too hard to control their offense and keep them out of the end zone for the vast majority of the game. .They better worry about stopping our offense. We can and will stop their's fairly well.

Re: Front Page Story: Venables prepares his defense for "pain in the butt" flexbone

Nov 12, 2013, 7:04 PM

Who was he talking about when he said that someone he felt good about let them get outside? One of our DE's?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Offense is key

Nov 12, 2013, 9:21 PM

I think the key to this one will be whether our offense can get into a rhythm. We need some guys to step up and have good games. If the O can get us a cushion it will certainly help our defense with scheme.

Re: Offense is key

Nov 14, 2013, 12:14 AM

How do you get in rhythm when our OL can't block anyone? What does that have to do with rhythm? It has to do with size, speed, stength, and athleticism. Forget the "coachspeak."

I'm pretty sure he was talking about a LB

Nov 12, 2013, 10:33 PM

This is the game that Shuey came off the bench last year, played lights out ave cemented himself on the starting lineup. I think it as S Anthony who was benched that game for playing so poorly, but not 100%. My memory sucks these days. However, I'm pretty sure he's taking about the LB who got benched during that game

Bookend & hit the dang QB every play,thwarting the pitch.***

Nov 13, 2013, 12:56 AM

I was wrong

Nov 13, 2013, 11:50 AM

It was actually Quandon Christian.

Key to stopping the option? Hit the QB EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

With the current state of officiating and rules, that would

Nov 13, 2013, 1:20 PM

probably be called "unnecessary roughness"...What a crock.

Re: With the current state of officiating and rules, that would

Nov 14, 2013, 12:18 AM

Not if the QB is in the midst of handing off. The QB and FB and RB should be hammered on every play.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic