Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bold prediction - 2018
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Bold prediction - 2018

Feb 11, 2018, 2:37 PM

Clemson will go undefeated.
We will run a 2-Qb system.
Trevor Lawrence will see spot duty.
Chase brice or hunter Johnson transfers.
Travis Etienne will be a all-American and a semi-finalist for heisman.
Rematch with Alabama in college playoffs.
Amari Rodgers will lead acc in all purpose yards.

Message was edited by: DirtyTiger2000

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bold prediction - 2018

Feb 11, 2018, 3:08 PM

I could live with it but, when you need a second QB to catch up with points, then why do we need two QBs. To cater to one bc they have been there a long time, or bc one won 12 games and failed miserably in a playoffs against good defense, two QB'S is the wrong answer. IMO, we wouldn't have beat UGA in the playoffs either, bc they had a very good defense also!!! I'm thinking that a match up between Clemson and Oklahoma would have been a toss up, and that's bc our D would have slowed their offense, and maybe KB could have matched TDs against their defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defenses would have to prepare for both.

Feb 11, 2018, 3:19 PM

When defenses have the time to study Tua and his tendencies, they will shut him down. His immediate success was because UGA sold out to stop what's his name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Hurts, and I agree.

Feb 11, 2018, 3:31 PM

A dual QB system is not what is needed. KB needs to further his on the field experience. TL has no experience at this level. If we're going to depend on him to win playoff games he must be given as time on the field.

Imo, the dual QB thing won't happen. You pick a QB and stick with him. Having two QBs shows lack of confidence in both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree mostly, but Tim Tebow and Chris Leak say "Hi"***

Feb 11, 2018, 9:58 PM

Re: Defenses would have to prepare for both.

Feb 11, 2018, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Defenses would have to prepare for both. ]

Uga should have been prepared for tua because I really thought we may have seen him had we gotten up by two scores.

Tua’s a good qb. He has a really good quick release to the edge, unlike kb and hurts. Both were just a second too slow and it let good defenses set the edge and wr screens wouldn’t work.

Again unlike kb and hurts, tua looked the defenders off and then has the ability to throw it consistently downfield. When you look at T.L. tape, he does the same thing. That’s why the experts say he’s ready for the next level and possibly the nfl... not just his throwing skills.

No, he’s ready to take this team over. Big question is whether Dabo and staff are ready to taylor the offense for him. An offense kb would really struggle in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC D's won't stop Tua in 2018

Feb 11, 2018, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Defenses would have to prepare for both. ]

Tide will roll at least one or two more years IMHO ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would have beat Georgia

Feb 11, 2018, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Bold prediction - 2018 ]

Alabama's defense played crazy angry. Nobody was going to beat them that night and our defense did a good job against them.
I don't think our players can get that angry, even a year after they tried to take both Deshaun and Mike out of the game with dirty hits.

Feb 11, 2018, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Bold prediction - 2018 ]

We could have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th down skill position platoon system. That would really fry the minds of the opposition.

Feb 11, 2018, 3:26 PM

We aren’t having a two qb system. As the saying goes if you have 2 qbs playing you don’t have a qb

Feb 11, 2018, 3:39 PM

I only think we have one starting QB. If HJ15 keeps on the pace he was at learning the offense I could see him winning the starting job. If KB2 becomes a better passer and learns to make better decisions reading defenses it will be a close race. CB AND TL are the x factors. Those two will push the competition. This offense is very detail oriented. It will fun to watch this spring due the fact that TL , CB and HJ all throw the ball very well. How will KB step up his game in the passing dept.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2018, 4:15 PM

Kb had 4 yrs to step up his passing and hone in his skills at reading defenses and he’s great playing usuc, wake, the a she she etc but when he gets a good defense, he reverts back to what’s natural. Hey, hurts is the same way so it’s not saying kb is a bad qb, just saying not really a championship qb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2018, 5:20 PM

And that right there is the biggest difference, he is not a championship QB. And there are championship QBs on our team, and we need to get busy getting one of them ready!!!

Feb 12, 2018, 3:18 AM

He was ACC championship material!

Feb 11, 2018, 3:47 PM

That's not bold...that is right on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2018, 4:10 PM

I don’t see Clemson running a 2 qb system. They will make their pick to start the season always leaving the prospect of someone else overtaking that position. It sounds to me that Chase Brice will be the one most likely to transfer

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Tee Higgins

Feb 11, 2018, 4:31 PM

1000+ rec yards

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tee Higgins

Feb 11, 2018, 4:46 PM

Got my vote!

It does seem like we're finally positioned for a multi-QB

Feb 11, 2018, 6:17 PM

system. I know having one QB is the way it's always been and there's a mystique to the position and everything, needing flow, needing poise late, etc. But we've seen players come off the bench and show poise and deliver late in games before. Not just here but everywhere. You could say a lot of the same about a Co-OC coaching duo. Why not break ground in this territory also?

We're rolling in QB talent right now the likes of which we've never experienced. A starter that took us to 12-1 and an ACCCG beatdown before not getting us past Bama in the end... and he's being touted as 3rd-4th string by many heading into this year. Mid-3rd Q Bama was a 4-point game. KB is legit. But it's likely the others in the program are also. All of them.

We're sick in WR depth, have a solid package going at RB (thank you, A Choice, for coming back in '18), and an ever-growing, developing, contributing OL. We have the personnel in place to transform college football offense. With the D that's in place for '18 - an embarrassment almost - we have a lot of leeway to experiment and get guys experience.

Old time hockey.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2018, 6:20 PM

KB starts off strong with Furman and everyone says that he is a Heisman front runner; throws two picks in first half at A&M, Dabo stays with him when everyone is screaming for Lawrence but somehow we win on the strength of the defense; has 3 rushing and 1 passing georgia southern; starts off poor at GT and when we fall behind by 10 at half, Dabo is forced to go with Lawrence who throws for 4 TDs in second half as we demolish GT.

Lawrence is a complete stud the rest of the way and Clemson wins the Natty for 2nd time in three years beating Washington in semifinal and then Ohio St in the championship game

You're killing me ... but good form

Feb 11, 2018, 9:06 PM

Could you be more precise? LMAO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might be the only Tigerfan to predict us to go undefeate

Feb 11, 2018, 6:20 PM

d then again the rest might agree

Feb 11, 2018, 6:24 PM

All I know is TL better be ready by the playoffs.
I could go undefeated with the team we have Vs our schedule next season.
Because if KB starts all year which I think he will.
Come playoffs and like you said a rematch with Bama it might take TL to beat them.
I’m sure Dabo saw what a limited QB will do Vs elite teams.
Us losing to Bama and Bama almost losing to UGA.
Also us shutting out Ohio ST the year before, can’t win these game unless you can spread a Defense out.
Bottom line

Agree Clemson will see Bama again in 2019

Feb 11, 2018, 9:07 PM

This time I think it will be in Championship Game

Ballsy post - good read

Feb 11, 2018, 9:29 PM

Agree Clemson goes undefeated at least to championship game. Hello again Bama.
Agree we will see some more games with two QB's taking snaps - not an alternating series 2 QB system.
Dabo shows more infatuation with TL than HJ. TL has a shot at many more snaps than HJ in 2017.
HJ more likely to transfer than CB. Maybe both leave if TL explodes on natl scene.
See TE as 1st team All-ACC but not Heisman. TF will also be very effective. Lightning-Thunder 2.
Rodgers will get more opportunities & have shot to replace N. Hines/NCSU as all-purpose leader along with Ratliff-Williams/UNC and AJ Dillon-BC. Will need kickoff returns plus punt returns.
And Tee Higgins will explode if TL or HJ get QB reps.
Defense if healthy will set records. Line will lead way and Mullen & Terrell will become shutdown CBs.

Sounds like a lot of predictions.

Feb 11, 2018, 9:39 PM

Wouldn't bet against any of them.

glad I got my tickets

Feb 12, 2018, 12:07 AM

for the spring game,before they sold out!!!!!!! still looking for a parking sticker^^

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic