Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Football makes Top 25 in final poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Jan 8, 2010, 9:37 AM

Clemson finishes in the Associated Press top 25 for the fourth consecutive time in an odd numbered year. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i love odd numbered years***

Jan 8, 2010, 9:40 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It certainly was an odd year!***

Jan 11, 2010, 4:40 PM

In other news coots finish in top 25 by association

Jan 8, 2010, 9:42 AM

;)

I guess we'll finished unranked next year. Great.

Jan 8, 2010, 9:43 AM

;)

null

SEC - 4 teams, ACC 4 teams***

Jan 8, 2010, 9:43 AM

ACC ACC ACC ACC

Jan 8, 2010, 9:46 AM

couldnt be prouder
if you cant hear me
poppatiger will yell a little louder

and i wanna be famous, and i wanna be famous***

Jan 8, 2010, 9:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only 5 loss team in the Top 25....RESPECT!***

Jan 8, 2010, 9:53 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only 5 loss team in the Top 25....RESPECT!***

Jan 8, 2010, 9:57 AM

Solafide we are the only 5 loss because we played in a conference championship game. Don't get it twisted

helps that 2 losses to #13 and 1 loss is to #6

Jan 8, 2010, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Only 5 loss team in the Top 25....RESPECT!*** ]

and thos 3 losses were a combined 12 pts

Im pretty sure very few teams if any played against our schedule. #13 twice #6, #19, #34, #37 (lol MTSU ranked above coots, when we played them they laughed at how weak of an opponent this was)

Doesnt help that we lost to Maryland and coots but all in all in the first year of a system things were pretty successfull

Great. Here comes the preseason hype again. I hope Dabo

Jan 8, 2010, 9:55 AM

can keep the newspapers away from the players in the spring and fall.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

well if you want to be good at some point you have to learn

Jan 8, 2010, 10:01 AM

to play with the hype

Actually I think the media will play us down again next

Jan 8, 2010, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Great. Here comes the preseason hype again. I hope Dabo ]

season after losing Spiller & Ford. They were basically our whole offense this year if you break it down. But when you have those type of players, you would be dumb not to get them the ball as much as possible. We will have a ton of unproven offensive weapons next season. What they don't know is that those weapons will be Andre Ellington, Jamie Harper, Bryce McNeil, Jaron Brown, & a host of other young prospects. Add on to that an improved Kyle Parker & one of the best defenses in the ACC. I believe we will be better next season FWIW.

That's nice and all, but

Jan 8, 2010, 10:01 AM

It's pretty hard to care or be overly proud about being ranked any lower than 20th. Rankings 21-25 are just consolation prizes IMO and were only added so more teams could claim to be ranked. Being 24th doesn't mean much other than the fact that we're ranked higher than most of our rivals.

What it means is that we are better than about...

Jan 8, 2010, 10:32 AM

80% of the D1A schools. I don't know about you but I don't mind being considered 3rd or 4th out of 20 in any sport after the kind of season we had. We could easily have gotten 3 of those losses back if we are little more mature. No, we're not among the very best in the country but we very nearly beat #6 and #13 and did beat #19.

I like where we are right now and it helps that people have considered our season as a whole.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

I disagree any team ranked outside of #17 Sucks***

Jan 8, 2010, 10:57 AM [ in reply to That's nice and all, but ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah - 16 is the #.***

Jan 8, 2010, 11:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you'd rather be unranked and hang you hat w/Alabama?***

Jan 8, 2010, 5:10 PM [ in reply to That's nice and all, but ]

How can we be above USuC when they beat us

Jan 8, 2010, 10:43 AM

and are in the SEC? Inconceivable!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

feel bad for boise..undefeated and ranked 4th,,,

Jan 8, 2010, 11:38 AM

there should be a nat title game where boise vs alabama.

Re: feel bad for boise..undefeated and ranked 4th,,,

Jan 8, 2010, 2:04 PM

Alabama would kill Boise State, but I agree that they should play. Win or lose, at least it would be settled on the field and not in the press.

Re: feel bad for boise..undefeated and ranked 4th,,,

Jan 9, 2010, 12:20 AM

Everybody always says "Big Conference Team X" will kill Boise ...

They said it when they played Oklahoma in the 2006 Fiesta Bowl. And Boise found a way to win!

The oddsmakers had TCU as a favorite and the "experts" were giving Boise no chance against the TCU defense. And Boise found a way to win!

Last year no one thought Utah could even hang with Alabama, yet Utah found a way to win!

Saying Alabama would KILL Boise is a ludicrous statement to me. Alabama didn't really kill Texas, even though Texas had no QB play. They had less total yards (263 - 276) than a team playing a QB who hasn't taking a meaningful snap all season. If there hadn't of been the pick 6 right before the half and the last minute TD in the 4th, the score wouldn't even be so lopsided.

The Boise QB is much more of a threat than Gilbert was last night, Pettis is a great receiver along the lines of the same caliber as Shipley, and Boise sports a top 20 defense too.

Boise State is so overrated.

Jan 11, 2010, 5:07 PM [ in reply to feel bad for boise..undefeated and ranked 4th,,, ]

If Boise State played in a Big Six conference they wouldn't be undefeated and they wouldn't be in the top 15. During the regular season Boise State had ONE quality win over Oregon. Stanford also beat Oregon. Stanford would almost certainly be undefeated if they played Boise State's pathetic schedule. Both teams whupped San Jose State. But Stanford is unranked because they have to play real teams every week.

BSU's close win over TCU is a decent win, but TCU was similarly overrated. Heck TCU barely squeeked past #24 Clemson in a game that could have gone either way.

Boise State had that one great Fiesta Bowl win against Oklahoma. The year before that they lost their bowl game to BC. The years after that they lost to ECU and TCU. They only win about half the games that they play against decent teams. They couldn't hang with the big boys week in week out.

Re: Clemson Football makes Top 25 in final poll

Jan 8, 2010, 12:52 PM

I can't stand stupid, meaningless facts like this one. Who cares if the team finishes in the Top 25 for the fourth straight odd numbered year? That just means we have been inconsistant for the last 7 years!!! Not something to be proud of!

This is just as dumb as saying someone is a better golfer on tournments that begin on Friday or this hitter is better on Tuesday in day games against left-handed pitchers who are Sagittarius or this NBA player has scored 40 poitns for 6 straight games on the second night of a back-to-back against a team from the state of Texas!

Please - stop going overboard on stats and trends that mean absolutely nothing!

Re: Clemson Football makes Top 25 in final poll/// Go and

Jan 8, 2010, 4:09 PM

tell your coots that !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Football makes Top 25 in final poll/// Go and

Jan 8, 2010, 6:07 PM

First off numb nuts, I am a Clemson grad - twice! I am season ticket holder in both football and basketball, and not some coot.

And those two good degrees taught that trends like these are completely and statistically useless. Any journalist who uses them for the entire opening paragraph is grasping for something to write about!

And it shows we have been inconsistant for the last 7 years whether you want to admit it or not!

2 Degrees Means Nothing!

Jan 9, 2010, 1:35 AM

You guys with your degrees. I have a Bachelors from Clemson, am a CPA, been the CFO of a public company. Degrees mean nothing to those of us who have actually achieved progress in life, not school.

Re: 2 Degrees Means Nothing!

Jan 9, 2010, 2:09 AM

Well Mr CFO - hopefully your company is not profitable only in odd numbered years! Cause if so, then your company is as inconsistant as our football team!

And your last sentence is completely hypocritical, since you wouldn't have become CFO without your bachelors and your CPA. Well, I hope to goodness, that your public company wouldn't let you be a CFO with a high school diploma and an Algebra II class! So, in your case, the degree did mean something ...

In case you missed it...

Jan 9, 2010, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Football makes Top 25 in final poll/// Go and ]

Here is the opening paragraph of the article:

Clemson finished 24th in the final AP college football poll released on Friday. The Tigers were 30th in poll points entering the bowl season, but jumped six spots after defeating Kentucky in the Music City Bowl, 21-13, on December 27.

The blurb on the home page about the article states:

Clemson finishes in the Associated Press top 25 for the fourth consecutive time in an odd numbered year.

I don't know why a simple statement of fact offends you so much, especially since the author merely stated it and did not elaborate on it or try to draw any sort of trend or claim any sort of consistency with that statistic. It is just a simple fact, and just another way to say, "Clemson has finished in the top 25 in 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2009 despite not having a preseason rank".

Funny that VT is higher than GT. Miami higher than Clemson.***

Jan 11, 2010, 5:14 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic