Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boiled peanuts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,098

Boiled peanuts

Mar 19, 2019, 4:16 PM

Went to the game Saturday, and my son wanted some boiled peanuts. The canteen guy literally scooped them out of the refrigerator. They were ice cold. I feel as if this is a food sin. Maybe the canteen workers had never had boiled peanuts? They did not appear to be boiled peanut aficionados. The canteen menus at all the athletic events could use some some new, better choices. Anyhow, cold boiled peanuts at a baseball game in the South is just wrong. Wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boiled peanuts

Mar 19, 2019, 4:21 PM

yew kneed to ask fer bald peanuts next time

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 4:22 PM

to each his own. I'd rather have them chilled.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought most people ate them boiled***

Mar 19, 2019, 4:26 PM

Mar 19, 2019, 4:29 PM

Dood a chilled boiled peanut is the best version of this delicacy in my very experienced opinion. Brings out way more of the flavor and tends to keep the juices more in the peanut than running down my elbow. I will say if I was sitting at a baseball game in early March I might be more in favor of the hot version but I tend to consume mine in the summer so chilled is the way to go.

Mar 19, 2019, 4:37 PM

I'm 50/50 either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes. Chefs will tell you that in general

Mar 19, 2019, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Boiled peanuts ]

Cold food brings out the flavor more than really hot things. That's why the super fancy restaurants don't really serve piping hot dishes.

Mar 19, 2019, 4:41 PM

I've been eating boiled peanuts for over 70 years, and I like them cold as well as hot. But, they must be fresh out of the ground when cooked. I won't eat those that were frozen green or the dried Mexican peanuts, and I can smell them cooking and tell if they are fresh, frozen, or dried.

My son has a great method of boiling fresh peanuts in jars in a pressure cooker, and two years later, they taste like they were just cooked. I always have a few jars in the pantry.

I lived in New England twice, a total of 15 years, and the two things I missed most were good BBQ and boiled peanuts.

Mar 19, 2019, 4:42 PM

The selling of the parched and/or boiled peanuts should be discontinued at all the ballgames. There are many people nowadays (especially children) that have peanut allergies. The hulls and stuff thrown on the ground and bleachers can trigger a life threatening reaction.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 4:48 PM

Wow! you successfully hijacked a food thread and turned it into a political statement. Are you on the ballot for the Democractic Presidential Primary?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anaphylactic shock does in fact vote democrat

Mar 19, 2019, 4:55 PM

My ex was so allergic to peanuts it was unreal. We went to a marble slab once and the person 2 people in front of her got peanuts mixed into theirs. The slab was cleaned like 3 times before it was time to mix hers and she still had a moderate reaction, which included tongue swelling. Can't imagine what would've happened had she actually bitten into a peanut.

It is a serious thing to people who are very sensitive to it. But I don't think peanuts should be banned. The allergic person should understand their limitations and be careful.

Something else to consider...just saying'...

Mar 19, 2019, 7:04 PM

There are newer surveys that are turning up evidence that "RoundUp" and all of it's purveyors are the reasons that these 'Peanut reactions' are occurring in our children. "Roundup" kills everything, I mean EVERYTHING! Look it up. I don't mean to be conspiratorial, just rational. Look it up for yourself. But pay attention. Everyone has an agenda! Love one another!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Mar 19, 2019, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Boiled peanuts ]

Most people don’t allow their kids to play with peanut hulls that have been discarded .To each his own

Mar 19, 2019, 4:44 PM

I always boil enough that I have plenty to freeze for later, nothing wrong with them cold

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hot/cold...really doesn't matter as long as they were boiled

Mar 19, 2019, 4:56 PM

when green. I'm not a big fan of the dried then boiled peanut. We take them straight out of the freezer on the boat and let them thaw on the deck...so half frozen peanuts are also good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hot/cold...really doesn't matter as long as they were boiled

Mar 19, 2019, 7:44 PM

If I’m making them, sure, I’ll store some in the fridge for later. If I’m buying them at a ball game, I want them hot. These had no juice, and seemed to have sat in the fridge for a while. Anyway, figured I’d b#### about something other than baseball, basketball, and recruiting.

Thanks for diversity in b####ig ......

Mar 19, 2019, 8:21 PM

.... LC!! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,098
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic