Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bo Ryan is the biggest sore loser in recent history...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Bo Ryan is the biggest sore loser in recent history...

Apr 8, 2015, 10:37 AM

Hey Bo, come play against Duke with ACC refs and then you will see what bad officiating is. Now he is calling Duke players rent a players: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25138553/wisconsins-bo-ryan-talks-one-and-dones-officiating-after-loss-to-duke . He seemed like a really good guy, but he is blaming the loss on everything except his failure of having Kaminsky and other players just shooting jump shots in the second half, instead of having Kaminsky post up with Okafor out a majority of the game. I wish we could play Duke with their best player in foul trouble the whole game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bo Ryan is the biggest sore loser in recent history...

Apr 8, 2015, 10:43 AM

I think the "rent a player" comment was directed more at Kentucky.

Tiger/Terrier

Apr 8, 2015, 10:44 AM

We would still lose by 20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we did***

Apr 8, 2015, 10:56 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you gotta let em know it wasn't your fault you lost

Apr 8, 2015, 10:46 AM

that whole if if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas thing.... it makes him feel better i guess...

HEY BO welcome to the ACC and what we b!tch about every year... its real man. You gotta deal with it and game plan for it. To beat duke or unc late you gotta be up by at least 10 with 2 mins to go because thats when they charm the refs. And thats sometimes not enough. You should know that...do your homework!

I don't much like the one and done rule

Apr 8, 2015, 10:52 AM

But, I think it's silly to suggest that 99% (if not 100%) of the coaches in the country would take a one and done guy if they could get him.

The whining about other teams doing it does seem to be a bit of revisionist priorities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okafor sat this year when we played Duke, they won by 22

Apr 8, 2015, 10:56 AM

anyway, so there is that

I agree with him for the most part. I agree that the

Apr 8, 2015, 11:21 AM

officiating was bad, that there was an awful lot of contact that by the rules, should have been called, and that a lot of it went against his team. I don't like the one-and-done thing either; I think it's bad for college basketball. Those are just my opinions.

Right after you have lost a tough game, in the national championship of all of college basketball, is the wrong time to bring it up. I understand the emotion, but that is the time to suck it up and congratulate the victor. While I think he has valid points that deserve to be heard, there are appropriate channels for addressing poor officiating, and certainly there's a better time and place for talking about the problems with college basketball. Again, just my two cents worth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That's modern college basketball...

Apr 8, 2015, 11:40 AM

every game is a wrestling fest. I saw the Big 10 championship game, and it was a whole lot more physical than the national title game. There were bad calls both ways, but the refs favored neither team. Wisconsin actually benefitted from bogus foul calls against both Justise Winslow and Okafor. Wisconsin got out played and out coached plain and simple.

Re: That's modern college basketball...

Apr 8, 2015, 2:55 PM

Duke should have had 5 players foul out

Same can be said of Wisconsin***

Apr 8, 2015, 3:39 PM

Alright, which 15? Can you describe the 15 + fouls not

Apr 8, 2015, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: That's modern college basketball... ]

called?

Re: Alright, which 15? Can you describe the 15 + fouls not

Apr 9, 2015, 7:42 AM

My goodness they chest bump the PG everytime down the court it's never called. How about the charge that was called a block? There a bunch

Okafor pushes off on almost every drive to the hoop...

Apr 14, 2015, 1:56 AM [ in reply to Alright, which 15? Can you describe the 15 + fouls not ]

So that's about four more on him right there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It makes him look bad and it teaches players

Apr 8, 2015, 11:48 AM

that it's OK to be sore losers. We know (better than most anyone else) that certain teams get calls. But, if I'm not mistaken, UK wasn't too happy about some calls that went Wisconsin's way. Heck, Charles Barkley said that the UK/Wisc game is one he would have loved to play in because you can "hit the h3ll out of a player and get by with it." And, don't tell me Bo Ryan would not take an Okafor, IF he could get him.

I do believe that the NCAA needs to look at college basketball officiating, in general. But, there is a better time and a place to address the situation.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oh, no, you didn't!***

Apr 8, 2015, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Apr 8, 2015, 12:09 PM

Let's not forget that coaches are essentially politicians. Although everyone else might find his comments asinine, people in Madison probably ate it up. It's why Spurrier can get away with being an absolute troll.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't we play them with their best player out?

Apr 8, 2015, 12:20 PM

Didn't Okafor miss the Clemson game with a twisted ankle?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke's players were definitely stronger than the avg. male.****

Apr 8, 2015, 12:21 PM

Re: Duke's players were definitely stronger than the avg. male.****

Apr 8, 2015, 1:06 PM

Duke is famous for greats staying 4 years. That's actually a main reason duke is so hated. Redick, Laettner, etc. Having to deal with guys like that and others 4 years made it easy to hate duke. Coach K teaches his players to thrive off the fans and trash talk which makes his players even more hated by non duke fans. Rent a player isn't something you can hate on duke for. They kept arguably the greatest college player of all time 4 years

Be original next time, no life past the internet troll***

Apr 8, 2015, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Duke's players were definitely stronger than the avg. male.**** ]

Maybe you need to add Tigerdon81 to

Apr 8, 2015, 3:57 PM

your "Ignore List".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I don't donate anymore, fool. Rarely post anymore....

Apr 8, 2015, 4:14 PM

And it's probably just a false handle that either you or one of your butt buddies made up to do more trolling.

you sure do

Apr 8, 2015, 4:17 PM

like butts!!

Just an observation.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: I don't donate anymore, fool. Rarely post anymore....

Apr 8, 2015, 4:26 PM [ in reply to I don't donate anymore, fool. Rarely post anymore.... ]

And more homophobic comments.

null

Apr 8, 2015, 2:34 PM

He's probably frustrated since that team is likely the last chance he'll have to win an NC, given his age.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Yeah, we don't do Rent-a-Player at Clemson either

Apr 9, 2015, 8:31 AM

because we can't get them (in BB) either. What a joke. Does he want us to believe he wouldn't have taken Okafor last year if he fell into his lap?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Apr 9, 2015, 10:33 AM

Sure it was a physical game. Did you by chance notice Kaminsky guarding Okafor? I’m surprised that Okafor didn’t lose his temper–Kaminsky was shoving full body against him constantly without the ball, holding his arms in Okafor’s face. But not a foul was called. Duke had arguably its two best players with four fouls and Jefferson with three. Wisconsin had the perfect chance winning by nine with about 13 minutes left to clamp down, deny Duke, and produce a lead from which Duke could not recover. But they didn’t. It was curious that the camera/sportscaster crew replayed the Winslow out of bounds call at least ten times and went out of their way to go back and try to show that Winslow’s heel was on the line, but did you see them reviewing film on any of Wisconsin’s errors. No, of course not. You can’t ruin the championship for Duke by being a sore loser. They played six games with some of the top teams in the nation to win that trophy.

Apr 14, 2015, 7:20 AM

OK I'm play the game for as well thank you win and win

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic