Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 29, 2020, 7:57 AM

Friday, rounded up the supplies for the making of the bbq for Sunday.

Saturday into Sunday cause no sleep yard work, cleaning, prep work, then fired up the smoker around 11 to cook some butts. Up all night, one but got done really quickly while the other did about what I thought it would. Fake burnt ends went on about 11, those didn't turn out very well. Overcooked and the rub was too heavy and salty. Wings and popper came out great. Finally slept around 10 last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got laid on Sunday morning.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:01 AM

Woke up early Saturday morning... the wife was working all day. I decided to forgo my morning coffee, and replaced it with a bloody mary. Then I went to cut grass. Fell asleep on the lawn mower, said "eff it", got back in bed and slept until noon. Woke up, made coffee, finished cutting the grass.

Sunday, rubbed ugly parts with the wife, went to friends house to go swimming/drinking. Ate Mexican for dinner. Felt all bloated and dehydrated, and just crappy from the day. Fell asleep.

Pretty good weekend.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

ha

Jun 29, 2020, 8:03 AM

liar.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not all of my sexitime gets uploaded to fansonly***

Jun 29, 2020, 8:57 AM

Give us the deets on you getting laid

Jun 29, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to I got laid on Sunday morning. ]

Does your buttwhole hurt? Did he spoon you after?

buttwhole hurts slightly

Jun 29, 2020, 8:58 AM

no spooning.

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:03 AM

Went for a drive on Sattidy for no apparent reason up towards Whitewater falls & Hogwaller. Came home a waited out a storm to grill some chicken parts...Drank a couple of lawnmower beers.

Sunday took the boat out, but the trim, which I thought we had fixed was still not working, also felt sluggish like a cylinder wasn't firing so we didn't go far. Grilled a pork loin with a molasses and whole grain mustard glaze. Purty dang good.

7/10 (minus 3.61 for boat)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

INTENSE CSIOAIT

Jun 29, 2020, 8:06 AM

watched Ad Astra Friday night. I liked it.

cooked some sausages from Fresh Market on Saturday. Sriracha, bacon cheddar and chicken kale. Yum.

Sunday slept a lot.

Saturday was rough

Jun 29, 2020, 8:13 AM

went to put the boat in the water and discovered i had lost my Trailer plug connector so i had to put the boat in the water where stored - which adds about 45 minutes to the boat ride to get on spot.

Then, when on spot and getting the i-pilot locked in, a dive boat comes right up against me and pushes me off spot - then the boat captain asks me if I'm having a good day. He was close enough i could reached over and shaken his hand for helping me realize i didn't want to be on that spot.

Then i dumped my tackle box once i got on spot a little further away.

Then, after a few hours, the wife hooked a very large red snapper...got it to the boat and just as I was trying to net that biggun it twisted and came free. That one was a hoss - the biggest by far we would have caught to date. Really - it was huge.

Then we waited a few more hours and nothing - no one around us either catching anything. We got skunked.

Told my wife i had a new t-shirt idea: "A bad day fishing is just like a bad day at work. Only better." She didn't seem to like it.

Glad that day is over and done.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Very enjoyable and liver rotting

Jun 29, 2020, 8:15 AM

Friday - boats, beer and steaks
Saturday - boats, kids, pool, beer and pizza
Sunday - boats, kids, pool, beer and burgers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drank too much 3 nites in a row

Jun 29, 2020, 8:22 AM

Gotta remember to not have that LAST ONE! ??
More yard work and preparing for the surprise Sunday Soirée Retirement Party.
Good time had by all!

Sort of productive

Jun 29, 2020, 8:26 AM

Friday took MiL on her bi monthly shopping expedition

Saturday stripped and painted the front porch rockers - mostly ran out of paint

Sunday cleaned the carpet in the living room

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

STELLAR.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:37 AM

Friday, don't really remember.

Saturday, chores, practiced a few new bass tunes, watched Clemson beat Louisville from 2016, had the 104th edition of quarterly Supper Club.

Sunday, was useless all day long. When you find yourself drinking 10% Trappist ales at midnight on Saturday, you don't have high expectations for the nest day. Laid up in the Big Chair almost all day. Left to go have a MODERATE VOLUME acoustic jam at 6:30, played til 11 and in spite of the hangover, played pretty darn well.

Still feeling like I might have a slightly fouled cylinder this morning, but hopefully I can coffee my way out of it. 18.99/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was 2016 game the one shorty won***

Jun 29, 2020, 8:48 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 29, 2020, 8:45 AM

Friday: wife made breakfast for dinner. Remember when that used to be a thing? Good times.

Satiday: avoided the rona, stayed home and made some pig candy. Bacon rubbed heavily with a mix of brown sugar, ostarine, and 4 types of pepper, baked low and slow. Delicious.

Sunday: wife had to work so got to rub one out real nice like. Not going to lie like @ryanadidas.

got offer on house for sale so good

Jun 29, 2020, 8:46 AM

if inspection goes thru today and we sell then great

Just wondering... why sell and not just do a reverse mortgag

Jun 29, 2020, 9:25 AM

mortgage?

it's rental property***

Jun 29, 2020, 10:37 AM

got to kick it in aaaaaaaaathins

Jun 29, 2020, 8:51 AM

fri - drove down to aaaaaaathins to kick it w/ some frands. we smoked a brisket, played some wiffle ball, fished, etc. got hammers

sat - finished smoking, floated down the oconee, fished, slip and slide, wiffle ball home run derby, ate, jammed, etc. good times.

sun - helped clean up, made it home to lay on couch for the end of the golf tourney and licked my wounds

Almost Perfect

Jun 29, 2020, 8:53 AM

Fri - Cut out at lunch, hooked up boat and went to dad's. Caught a 3 lb lm and a crappie but avoided heavy rains. I think we had CFA for dinner and I forgot what the movie was.

Sat - up at 3:50 am, Brother and nephew and I went to Keowee for a bass tournament. Lost the money fish on my buzz toad. Ended up middle of the pack again. Caught 12 bass total.

We had a birthday party for 2 year old MsJr in the garage. Weather was perfect.

Sun - Church in the morning, family stopped by for about an hour, stayed home rest of the day

dumb questions:

Jun 29, 2020, 9:03 AM

1 - how much money can you win at those bass tourneys?

2 - is it frowned upon to fish bass tourneys in a cc bay boat?

1 - $0

Jun 29, 2020, 9:44 AM

2 - Yes

There were 16 boats on Sat, $80 entry, 1st place $800.

For the most part you don't profit by fishing tournaments unless you are professional and sponsored.

I did get invited to one a few months ago where entry was $200 and first place was a $60K bass boat, 2nd place was a $35K bass boat. I think there were 100 boats in it? Butt it was in FL and I couldn't take off work.

Not bad

Jun 29, 2020, 9:21 AM

Saturday - milled around, doing minor chores. Drank, sat outside a while staring into the abyss. Yelled at clouds as if they were subhumans on cheap pontoons

Sunday - up and watched the Chelsea FA Cup match, was convinced to watch Man City FA Cup match right after. Took daughter driving. Cook some chicken fajitas, cleaned up, could not get to sleep, so still half-awake

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bizzie, but boring

Jun 29, 2020, 9:25 AM

Let's see, Friday night we kept niece and nephew so SIL and BIL could have a conjugal visit, and it was their anniversary. Sat am cooked breakfast for 7. Wife took niece and nephew back on way to her hair appointment. I had our litter to tend to. Washed clothes, kept everyone from getting hurt until wife returned. Also was able to catch up on some work on phone. Then corrected a work report. Went out and weed ate the pasture behind the fence. Trimmed up the trees in the front yard. Replaced a landscape light that had been destroyed by fire-ants (they are attracted to electricity btw). Then cooked steaks and corn for supper.

Sunday slapt in and watched church. Corrected another report. Vacuumed downstairs. Bought a new air mattress because kids destroyed our old one. Wife cleaned kitchen, I did the master bath. Kids went out and played. More laundry. Put new tire on middle son's bike. Middle son lost his first toof last night. I pulled it. Was an honor and a privilege.

Bout it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somewhat productive...

Jun 29, 2020, 9:33 AM

Friday night watched RUDY with daughter, she thought it was horrible and likes Hoosiers better.
Saturday, played ALTA match in morning, was shocked at the utter disregard for Coronavirus.

Saturday night, drank many beers and tinkered with friends race cars. Was fun.

Sunday yardwork cleanup from a Saturday storm and golf watching.

7/10

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cleansing. Booze-free, nearly meatless, but still too sugary

Jun 29, 2020, 9:41 AM

APM's traditional summertime festivities that make him fat are now over. And while APM has not quite gained the "quarantine 15" he has definitely eaten more and better during this COVID bullsit.

Therefore APM made an effort to behave himself this weekend.

Friday - hard week, came home, the missus had bought three different meat alternative "burgers" and we taste-tested them. Beyond Burger is the winner. Had the rest of my birthday cobbler and about two spoonfuls of the remaining homemade ice cream for desert.

Saturday - worked in da mawn, then karate, then a smoothie for lunch, then errands. Shopping has been covered in a previous post. Also got office supplies. The missus and I went out to dinner for the first time in 3 months. Messican. Had enchiladas rancheras. Went out for ice cream.

Sunday - walked the dog with the missus, online church, more errands, nice veggie dinner, but again, ice cream sundae with chocolate syrup, marshmallow cream, peanuts.

All & all, a good weekend. APM will work on his sugar intake beginning this week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please to be excusing me, but I think you meant to type

Jun 29, 2020, 9:50 AM

kah-rah-TAY.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct. Not the ancient Chinese art of gung fu.

Jun 29, 2020, 10:47 AM

But the American bastardization of the relatively modern Japanese art of striking.

APM has also studied Hapkido, from Korea. And MMA/Krav Maga.

What is Krav Maga you ask? It's from Israel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnFi9Zvh4Wc

All effective. But none as good as Jeet Kune Do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Country Style Ribs - Burnt Ends

Jun 29, 2020, 9:48 AM

This guy is a talker, but I love this recipe. I do not use his rubs, I like Memphis Dust from Amazingribs.com.

Be sure to get the boneless version of "country style ribs."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=664&v=GDk0T2PI79c

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't have the covid

Jun 29, 2020, 9:58 AM

or maybe the test was inaccurate or I administered the test incorrectly

I didn't think I had it but was doing my due diligence because I didn't want to pass it on if I had it

I am not like Sammy Hagar, but sometimes I wish I could get it and not die and not spread it on to anyone just so I can get it over with

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

My wife and I said that early on when it was just in Seattle

Jun 29, 2020, 10:00 AM

"we should get it now while ICU rooms are available, just in case."

Would have been a good plan, actually.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty, pretty good.

Jun 29, 2020, 9:58 AM

Friday: Home from work, couple beers and ordered out sushi.

Saturday: Lazy; watching TV on History Channel app. Ran errands after lunch. Costco for stuff then Lowes for some planters for the bride. Went to a friends house for dinner of grilled chicken, corn, broccoli mac n cheese.

Sunday: 'Bout killed my self cutting grass in this stupid heat. Spent the afternoon recovering. Ordered a chef salad to split for dinner from Ye Old Fashioned. Twas pretty good.

Productive as usual.

Jun 29, 2020, 10:06 AM

Friday night - Played poker with the gang. Won $24.

Saturday - built a bench for a co-worker out of scrap wood that I had lying around. Bought and installed the nest thermostat that I had been putting off for about 6 months.

Sunday - Started doing test cuts for Raised panel doors for the entertainment center I'm going to build. Cleared off my desk, removed the top to install threadings and applied a fresh coat of paste wax and polish to it.

Warm

Jun 29, 2020, 10:14 AM

Friday, worked on boat a little putting in a new transducer.

Saturday, finished up working on boat in 122 degree heat, then went out in the boat for a bit. Too many people, not enough harbor. It's like July 4, memorial day, and labor day every weekend.

Sunday- studied a bit for a certification exam that I thought was 50 questions, turned out to be 150. Obviously, I didn't even read the material, much less sufficiently study for it. Supposed to start the test at 2, started at 2:30 because indians, finished at 5:00. Failed the exam miserably. Had to walk outside and drink a beer, because I could barely see from starting intently at a screen for 2 1/2 hours. Probably won't retake because I'm not even sure how relevant it is now.

No $1,040 tickets this weekend, so that was a plus. Eff the police.

Really good...

Jun 29, 2020, 11:00 AM

Friday night...daughter had a frand sleep over...took all to messican, bed early

Sat...took whole clan to Mama Penns for breakfast. Spent all morning intense garage cleaning. Almost been in house 2 yrs and still had some crap in boxes. Cleared all of that and things are looking much better. Took son-of with me to frand's lake house on Hartwell. Son-of had a ball kayaking, jet ski, pulling on tube behind boat, etc... lots of beers and food. Sunday returned to said lake house with rest of family...another great day on the lake. Buddy cooked some of the best leg of lamb and tri-tip I've ever had. Ate too much...forgot I had to get blood work done this morning.

Good...

Jun 29, 2020, 11:29 AM

Friday - got home, went and grabbed take out from Local Italian. Daughter of was home early from her dad's but she was going out with some friends. Wife and I ate, put baby to bed and watched movie for a couple of hours until daughter of got home - once she gave the evening report and went off to bed, wife and I hooked up.

Saturday - up in the AM - slept late so had to get baby up as soon as I woke up. Cooked three egg cheese omelet and sausage for 2 year old - she ate almost all of it. Went for 4 mile walk with wife and daughter of and baby. Drank a couple of PBR easys when we got back. Wife like them, I guess they are good beers for a hot day when water is too boring. Daughter out with boyfriend until 11:30. Cooked Tikka Masala for dinner - was amazing and really spicy. Another movie in the bed and more hooking up.

Sunday - up with baby then another long walk with wife after breakfast and another 3 egg omelet destroyed by baby. Baby ate some Indian food for lunch too. Pretty funny. She would take a bite, react to how spicy it was and then take a huge slug of milk, then want another bite. I think she likes spicy food more than I do sometimes. Mowed grass, trimmed hedges, plugged tire on daughters car and realized her boyfriend had sheared a lugnut and cross threaded a second one when he changed her tire. So I sheared that one off trying to put the pugged tire back on. So today the car visits the shop for new lugs.

This morning got lucky and saw wife of off for a visit to Atlanta with her sister/friend. She's taking daughters minus baby, so had to get my mom up to speed on caring for baby so I could take a depo this morning. Youngest son and baby and me til Wednesday night. I guess I am working from home til Thursday.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic