Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Billy Graham & Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Billy Graham & Clemson

Feb 22, 2018, 10:47 PM

I met Dr. Graham in my senior year at Clemson. I did an interview with him for WSBF as the news director (WSBF was a UPI affiliate station), the weekend of the first anti-Vietnam Moratorium. (It was one of three stories that I reported at Clemson that hit the national wire during my "short career" as a journalist.) Two of his Team members, Cliff Barrows and John Lenning lived in Greenville at the time. His weekly radio program, "the Hour of Decision," was produced by Lenning in Greenville.

Billy was one of the most humble persons that I ever met and he was very gracious to this very young political junkie. I followed him from then on, and worked with his team as a volunteer, for over 25 years. His "Modesto Manifesto" would be a great ethics policy manual for any corporation or institution. He, more than many "famous" man of his time, confessed his shortcomings and learned from them.

Two of Billy's personal friends were Martin Luther King and Muhammed Ali, believe it or not. As a unrepentant Ali fan, I know that Ali spent a weekend with Billy's family in Black Mountain. Ali's quote is one of my favorites about Graham, "When I arrived at the airport, Mr. Graham himself was waiting for me. I expected to be chauffeured in a Rolls Royce or at least a Mercedes, but we got in his Oldsmobile and he drove it himself. I couldn't believe he came to the airport driving his own car. When we approached his home, I thought he would live he would live on a thousand acre farm and we drove up to his house made of logs. No mansion with crystal chandeliers and gold carpets, it was the kind of a house a man of God would live in. I look up to him."

I haven't met many famous people in my life, but after my father and my dad's best friend (who became a substitute father to me after my father's death), Billy Graham is the man I have the greatest respect for. I thank God for Billy Graham!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTBA-MD

Re: Billy Graham & Clemson

Feb 23, 2018, 8:15 AM

whe save batthews fand?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jmjohns, youre whalecum!

Feb 23, 2018, 8:55 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Billy-Grahamshould-be-POTD-1785237?tstart=0

@jjimjohns3®

Re: Billy Graham & Clemson

Feb 24, 2018, 1:24 PM

Great post about a great man! Thank you for sharing!

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic