Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biggest scumbag coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Biggest scumbag coaches

Jul 12, 2013, 2:53 PM

Who ya got?

A few off the top of my head:

Kiffin
Holgorson
Dennis Erickson (he still bouncing around somewhere?)
Meyer

For the record, and this may be blasphemous, but I don't think the SPUR is a scumbag. Arrogant and senile... But not a scumbag.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biggest scumbag coaches

Jul 12, 2013, 2:56 PM

I always thought Pat Dye was a scumbag.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biggest scumbag coaches

Jul 12, 2013, 2:58 PM

You could probably throw Barry Switzer in there as well.

Ugh... Tressel

Jul 12, 2013, 3:00 PM

He really irked me because of his sweater-vest wearing style. Can't stand that guy.

Jim Tressel and George O'Leary***

Jul 12, 2013, 2:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Jim Tressel and George O'Leary***

Jul 12, 2013, 2:59 PM

I didn't know O'Leary was considered a scumbag. What has he done? Not saying he isn't I just don't know his reputation.

Tressel I think is considered a pretty good person. Some stuff went on with Terrell Pryor while he was there but I don't think Tressel is scum.

he embellished his resume to notre dame.***

Jul 12, 2013, 3:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he LIED on his resume to notre dame

Jul 12, 2013, 9:22 PM

Claimed a degree he didnt have. LIED. Let's call it what it is

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

O'Leary lied on his resume...

Jul 12, 2013, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Jim Tressel and George O'Leary*** ]

Basically lied when he didn't even have to (ND job).

Tressel is slimy, see the Maurice Clarett situation

Jul 12, 2013, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Jim Tressel and George O'Leary*** ]

There was a lot of corruption during his days at The OSU. But then he wears a sweater and tie to look nice.

Oh and his record at Youngstown State was no different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Woody Hayes??!!?? Was he a scumbag or just lost his cool?***

Jul 12, 2013, 3:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was fired before I was born, so no clue.

Jul 12, 2013, 3:09 PM

However, I have heard lots of stories from people who played for him about his generosity long after their playing days were over.

Maybe he just went batcrap crazy at the Gator Bowl.

Normally I'd classify any coach that hits a player as a

Jul 12, 2013, 3:10 PM

scumbag, but I think Hayes was certifiably crazy.

PETRINO

Jul 12, 2013, 3:13 PM

How he didn't come to my mind first... I don't know.

Definitely Petrino!!! How about Paterno?

Jul 12, 2013, 3:15 PM

His program just came unglued at the end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He just lost it.***

Jul 12, 2013, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Woody Hayes??!!?? Was he a scumbag or just lost his cool?*** ]

not sure what qualifies, some would say the dood at rutgers

Jul 12, 2013, 3:07 PM

or petrino.

i take it as win at all costs so tressel is a bread winner, spurrier would fit for his time at florida[boys will be boys], lou holtz left every program, but w&m on probation. if the ncaa held sway over the jets, i'm sure they'd have lost schollies. under the tarnished dome is a kick if you want a few laughs.

kiffin might be the next headliner. he did a number on ut his short time there. they're still paying for his time.

plenty of others, but they jump out for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, Petrino, nailed it with that one!

Jul 12, 2013, 3:10 PM

Sadly, no pun was intended

Phil Fulmer and Monte Kiffin

Jul 12, 2013, 3:13 PM

A special place on the list should be reserved for coaches who cheat at their own school but then turn in other schools for cheating.

If you include basketball coaches there would be too many to mention, but Dean Smith would definitely be on the list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charlie Pell was no saint, although he did set us up for

Jul 12, 2013, 3:15 PM

greatness.

Re: Charlie Pell was no saint, although he did set us up for

Jul 12, 2013, 3:18 PM

Comes off as squeaky clean, but, look at the Heels academic scandal, yes basket ballers involved, now the PJ Hairston mess.

Roy knows what is going on, turns a blind eye.

The post before is about Roy Williams***

Jul 12, 2013, 3:19 PM

Roy is an excellent choice, but too many to name in bball.***

Jul 12, 2013, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Charlie Pell was no saint, although he did set us up for ]

What Tuberville Did at Texas Tech Was Sleezy..***

Jul 12, 2013, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Charlie Pell was no saint, although he did set us up for ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Don't mess with the dead, boy, they have eerie powers.******

Jul 12, 2013, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Charlie Pell was no saint, although he did set us up for ]

Relatively speaking I'd agree.

Jul 12, 2013, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Charlie Pell was no saint, although he did set us up for ]

Compared to Frank Howard, Tommy West, Ken Hatfield, Tommy Bowden and Dabo he was a real turd.

However, compared to the others listed on this thread he might be a shinning star so I wouldn't put him on the list. Danny wasn't the cleanest guy who ever lead a D1 team either but I'd not put him on the list.

We've never had a coach that would make it past the first cut on a list of the top scumbags of college coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SABAN!! If the NCAA has any b@lls, they'll check his

Jul 12, 2013, 3:29 PM

program out. I don't think it today's world one coach is that much better @ Alabama, OSU or any other college. There is too much talent across the board at all of the big name schools for one team to dominate they way they have the last three years. I know Neb. did it in the 90s but still. Maybe he owns stock in ESPN or something.

Re: SABAN!! If the NCAA has any b@lls, they'll check his

Jul 13, 2013, 2:05 AM

NIck is just a great coach who gets the best recruits. It's like the 49ers.

Either he is doing something right or way wrong and getting

Jul 13, 2013, 2:53 PM

away with it. I pulled for you 49ers this year. Sorry they lost. Not a Ray Lewis fan.

Urban Meyer and Lame Kiffin******

Jul 12, 2013, 3:30 PM

Woody Hayes***

Jul 12, 2013, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thinking Chizik belongs on the list.***

Jul 12, 2013, 6:13 PM

Barry Switzer or how ever you spell the putz's name.***

Jul 12, 2013, 6:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loose Boltz***

Jul 12, 2013, 10:29 PM

Anyone who has coached at Ohio State.***

Jul 12, 2013, 10:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Hugh Freeze

Jul 12, 2013, 11:02 PM

Time will tell, but there sure does seem to be a lot of weird things transpiring in Oxford.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree with Freeze at OLE Miss...there is a real scuzzy feeling flowing from the Grove.***

Jul 13, 2013, 12:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Both Lane and Monte Kiffin, Sandusky and Holgorson***

Jul 13, 2013, 1:17 AM

Re: Coach Red Beaulieu

Jul 13, 2013, 1:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg5ej7Eui30

1.spurrier 2. 'ol ball sack 3. sos 4.usuc's hc

Jul 13, 2013, 10:58 AM

he was an a-hole at florida, and he hasn't changed one iota. after him, i would go switzer,saban,holtz, in that order.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Petrino and Pitino***

Jul 13, 2013, 1:50 PM

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic