Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biggest Surprise on Defense this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,714

Biggest Surprise on Defense this year

Apr 27, 2014, 1:00 AM

I am going with either Tavaris Barnes, Cordrea Tankersley, or Adrian Baker. Better late than never with Barnes, he has been neck and neck with Crawford this spring. Both Tankersly and Baker have a legit shot to steal the show opposite of Alexander.

thoughts?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna go with Tankersley for sure***

Apr 27, 2014, 1:28 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm gonna go with Tankersley for sure***

Apr 27, 2014, 2:10 AM

I went to high school with Tankersley, and even played on a few teams with him back before then as well. This guy is the real deal, the spring game was just a tiny portion of what he's capable of. Be on the lookout for #25 to make a statement this year.

Re: Biggest Surprise on Defense this year

Apr 27, 2014, 1:44 AM

Interested to see how T.J. Burrell fills Q.C.'s spot against base offensive packages.

Apr 27, 2014, 1:47 AM

looked good in the first quarter of the spring game, did not see much else of him.

The problem for Barnes will be getting snaps after Uga

Apr 27, 2014, 6:07 AM

Who loses snaps? Beasley, Crawford, Lawson?

Re: The problem for Barnes will be getting snaps after Uga

Apr 27, 2014, 6:42 AM

I think it will be MacKensie Alexander.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he could steal Crawfords job IMO***

Apr 27, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to The problem for Barnes will be getting snaps after Uga ]

tavaris had ~300 snaps in 2013, if he's as committed as he

Apr 27, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to The problem for Barnes will be getting snaps after Uga ]

seems, that's not going down. he should pull big numbers in week one with corey's absence. i imagine the coaches will repay barnes' hard work & effort if it continues over the summer and thru fall camp.

- vic 560
- corey 569
- shaq 337
- aiken/dodd ~100

** be interesting how much total opps[snaps] change in 2014.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm hoping it's Tony Steward.

Apr 27, 2014, 10:58 AM

The injury bug bit hard, and this is his last chance to make it happen. Wishing the best for this young man.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Apr 27, 2014, 11:19 AM

I will get blasted for this, but here goes.....

I think it will be the significant reduction in sacks for Beasley. Look at his sacks on a game by game basis last year and he had most of his sacks early in the year before teams started realizing they needed to game plan for him.

Beasley is an undersized DE and projects as a LB in the NFL . He's unlikely to overpower an OT due to his size so if he is double-teamed or the play is intentionally set up to go away from him, which may be the case a lot more this year, Beasley will likely see a significant drop in his stats.

Going from a sack leader to a guy who may only get 2-3 all season will look like a surprise but it's because teams will be focusing on not allowing Beasley to beat them.

Apr 27, 2014, 12:38 PM

not going to say you are wrong...but with the talent we have on the D-line...double teaming anyone is going to be difficult. It will simply open the door for someone else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.... and it's 2-deep talent. There won't be any falloff..***

Apr 27, 2014, 1:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah no

Apr 27, 2014, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Biggest Surprise on Defense this year ]

If he gets less than 7 I'll eat my foot. The sacks went down late in the season after we played GT, Citadel and QB draw South Carolina. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out why his numbers flattened out. Beasley is an elite pass rusher and his hand print was all over the OSU game.

Apr 27, 2014, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Biggest Surprise on Defense this year ]

there isnt a better pass rusher returning in the ACC this year, it is not even close. Beasly will only have fewer snaps by virtue of us forcing more three and outs.

you may be accurate in what you are saying. His sack

Apr 27, 2014, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Biggest Surprise on Defense this year ]

ttl did drop after other teams realized his ability to rush the qb. I hope you are wrong and all of the sack ttls go up based on teams are having to pass more to get back into the game. I think the biggest surprise this year will be that we have four shutouts and one will be against usc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2014, 1:21 PM

TJ Green. I'm in the driver's seat of his bandwagon. You'll all be jumping in later.

Apr 27, 2014, 1:47 PM

I would have agreed with you until the spring game. HE got abused a couple of time, but I do not think there is a better pure athlete out of our safeties.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,714
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic