Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big hearing on Trump handling of the virus epidemic today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 632

Big hearing on Trump handling of the virus epidemic today.

May 6, 2020, 9:49 AM

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1257738322170056704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1257738322170056704&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftownhall.com%2Ftipsheet%2Fmattvespa%2F2020%2F05%2F06%2Fdid-we-forget-this-detail-about-the-democrats-star-witness-for-todays-coronavirus-response-hearing-n2568281

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure wish they would wait until the crisis

May 6, 2020, 9:54 AM

is over to start evaluating response.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear ya

May 6, 2020, 10:04 AM

very stupid to do it now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Agree. Doing it now screams of its political goals.

May 6, 2020, 10:12 AM

If they really wanted to do a good assessment of our response they would wait until we catch our breath and see all the results.

null

But that may not be until after the elections

May 6, 2020, 10:14 AM

then what's the point?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

What do you mean what is the point?

May 6, 2020, 10:16 AM

The point is to try to do better next time, not to decide if a President is worthy of re-election. The voters don't need any help from a hearing to decide that in November.

I'm being facetious

May 6, 2020, 10:20 AM

They are doing it now because this may not be over by election time. Got to get this in before the elections to help Biden

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

OK.***

May 6, 2020, 10:22 AM

Completely agree with the apparent motive.***

May 6, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Agree. Doing it now screams of its political goals. ]

It's the Appropriations Committee

May 6, 2020, 10:44 AM

That's the committee that deals with government spending. Perhaps it's worthwhile for the ones controlling the purse strings to hold hearings on our response to Covid-19?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I don't mind the hearings, just the timing.

May 6, 2020, 10:47 AM

Why not wait until the situation has more finally resolved? Is there a reason, not political, to hold the hearings now? Seems like you'd just have to do it again anyway after a bunch more stuff has happened.

Because Congress has to make spending decisions now.***

May 6, 2020, 10:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

It's just dubious to me.

May 6, 2020, 10:53 AM

What spending decision would necessitate a hearing now? I thought I was supposed to be the one that tried really hard to look for the good in politicians' actions. :)

"Disease modelers predicted, according to the New York Times

May 6, 2020, 11:29 AM

and the Washington Post, that in the coming month, 3,000 Americans could die every day. There is no time to delay.

"Our witnesses today will give us the analysis, the facts, the science, and the strategy that will help us make the right decisions."

https://appropriations.house.gov/news/statements/chairwoman-delauro-statement-at-hearing-on-covid-19-response

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, I will back off my opposition, *IF*

May 6, 2020, 12:35 PM

The hearing is focused on the present and the future, not trying to evaluate what's happened in the last few months.

That Chairwoman statement you posted is not a good sign.***

May 6, 2020, 12:36 PM

It just ended, and yes it was focused on the present

May 6, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to OK, I will back off my opposition, *IF* ]

and future.

A Democrat and Republican spoke near the end to say how productive the hearing was.

- Jonathan Swift

What is this, the Twilight Zone?***

May 6, 2020, 12:44 PM

You're aware they've already passed enormous spending bills?***

May 6, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to It's just dubious to me. ]

- Jonathan Swift

Spooneye, should I expect the questions to be focused

May 6, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Because Congress has to make spending decisions now.*** ]

on how the federal government is spending money during this crisis, and what funds they will need in the near future?

It's on right now.

May 6, 2020, 11:28 AM

I would hope they would ask questions that will help guide future appropriations. I am watching now; had to take a break for a business call.

- Jonathan Swift

Trump plays politics all day every day

May 6, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Because Congress has to make spending decisions now.*** ]

and not a peep.

Congress tries to do its Constitutional duty and the schoolmarms throw a tissy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all politics. Bunch of meh.

May 6, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Agree. Doing it now screams of its political goals. ]

Won't be following...unless useful information comes to light. Which it won't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Senate hearings next week. Trump won't let Dr. Fauci

May 6, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Agree. Doing it now screams of its political goals. ]

testify before the House. Wonder why?

Is the Republican controlled Senate showing bad timing as well?

The truth has a hard time getting through the right wing circle jerk in here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Butt grabber vs. ##### grabber?***

May 6, 2020, 10:06 AM

- Jonathan Swift

He is still qualified to nail shingles and do frame

May 6, 2020, 10:27 AM

carpentry. They seem to have no problems when they grope people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, I think it's more about the left's...

May 6, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Butt grabber vs. ##### grabber?*** ]

using Metoo to criticising every man except those who the dems can't use to make a political point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#MeToo is the best you got?

May 6, 2020, 10:23 AM

He gropes women? Clearly he has no scientific knowledge or anything constructive to say.

dems have a learning disability

May 6, 2020, 10:38 AM

hearings will make dems look small and trump gains strength

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This comes down to what the public thinks of...

May 6, 2020, 3:50 PM

Trump's handling of the epidemic. Dem's problem is that Joe called Trump a xenophobic racist for shutting down travel Jan 31. and yes, I said it again.

It seems like Jan 31 was years ago now due to people becoming all shut ins.

Behind the scenes,

May 6, 2020, 11:14 PM

A sizable majority from both parties in Congress want the Federal government to do something on a national level for testing. Something, anything at all. Republicans are afraid to say anything. That's what these hearings are about.

Perfect opportunity to engage the US Postal Service

May 6, 2020, 11:31 PM

to deliver home tests to sample households on every route, pick up, and deliver to the testing labs. They need some cash to operate so here's a perfect fit. Far and wide. It really can't be that difficult considering the size and power of our federal government and the willingness of all states and communities to participate. Everybody wants to get back at it. This is the fastest and most productive way there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 632
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic