Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big change to Hwy 76 post game traffic???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,758

Big change to Hwy 76 post game traffic???

Aug 23, 2018, 9:07 PM

I apologize if this has been addressed and I missed it.

Anybody know anything about the changes to the outgoing traffic after football games that will make all 4 lanes Southbound on Hwy 76  from Old Stone Church Rd. to Hwy 28 (also known as Mechanic Street) (where the Dairy Queen is?) towards I-85. I understand the SCDOT and SCHP did a test on the lane reversals on Tuesday, this week but I haven’t heard any results. The SCDOT will begin setting up the cones during half-time and begin traffic flow changes once the 4th quarter has begun.

I’m thinking this should help traffic going toward I-85 but the remerge after Mechanic St could be a cluster.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm glad i moved out of pendleton...***

Aug 23, 2018, 9:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: Big change to Hwy 76 post game traffic???

Aug 23, 2018, 9:28 PM

Sure gonna make getting out of Clemson after a night game really interesting

Aug 23, 2018, 9:35 PM

I sure hope so....last year it took almost 2 hours to get to Anderson a couple of times.....now if they teach the officers how to direct traffic there might be some improvements this year...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2018, 9:39 AM

zxsam said:

I’m thinking this should help traffic going toward I-85 but the remerge after Mechanic St could be a cluster.

Yeah, any time you change lane directions, etc, the remerge is always a bottleneck. But if they have the forethought to make the traffic light there at the QT and then on down at Hwy 187 solid green for southbound, or at the very least a long cycle green, then it will be manageable.

^this

Aug 24, 2018, 9:46 AM

the last time I got stuck there, they actually had a cop controlling the light.

but he must have been a coot because he would red light 76 an time more than 3 cars showed up on the side streets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 24, 2018, 9:55 AM

https://www.wyff4.com/article/highway-patrol-plans-changes-for-game-day-traffic-in-clemson/22730190?src=app

^ Most I've seen on it.

Aug 24, 2018, 11:43 AM

Thanks! Guess we’ll see how well this works after the Furman game. Although the GSU game with the added darkness factor should prove move thrilling. Us old farts night vision ain’t what it used to be!

Sep 1, 2018, 5:23 PM

Worst traffic I've ever experienced in Clemson. To compound it, the wife had a kidney stone mid third quarter. I had to drag the kids to lot 10, get the car, fight my way to gate 9, breaking rules several times and ignoring a few guys telling at me to go a different way, then try to get to hospital. I ended up headed out between Littlejohn and baseball field, couldn't go to the left on perimeter, forced to go downtown. Couldn't get to 76 from 93, ended up in the country towards Powdersville.

Took over an hour of run and gun back roads to get to hospital in Anderson. She was puking from pain in the back while the kids worried about her. Was horrible.

Is there a map somewhere?

Message was edited by: btodag

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,758
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic