Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Dabo bashing article lol (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Dabo bashing article lol (link)

Apr 29, 2020, 7:33 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.12up.com/amp/posts/dabo-swinney-mismanaged-kelly-bryant-trevor-lawrence-situation-at-clemson-01e70yf63x21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I feel better now

Apr 29, 2020, 7:39 AM

knowing that TL16's superior skill had nothing to do with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: New Dabo bashing article lol (link)

Apr 29, 2020, 7:41 AM

Wow! Kelly Bryant chooses to transfer and then spend a year at another football program and all this is Dabo's fault?! I noticed the author absolved Dabo of responsibility while also managing to put the blame squarely on his shoulders with no logic or reasoning included in the article. Where I come from, this would not even be considered journalism.

Apr 29, 2020, 7:44 AM

It isn't journalism. It's basically blog filler.

Apr 29, 2020, 7:50 AM

He (sarcastic tone on) sure loves Clemson. (Sarcastic tone off)

https://www.12up.com/posts/3-biggest-recruiting-busts-in-recent-clemson-football-history-01e6h9ztfxbh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2020, 7:52 AM

I am so sick of this. The difference between Hurts playing out the season and being the hero had a lot to do with the fact that Hurts still had another year of eligibility. Bryant was playing in his final year of eligibility if he played more than 4 games. Having said that, KB has to take responsibility for leaving. I believe Dabo when he says he was not benching KB, simply allowing TL to start. He would have still gotten playing time. And as it turned out, if KB had stayed, he would have gotten his chance at his own “hero moment” when TL went down the very next game. I like Kelly and appreciate everything he did for Clemson but, clearly, TL was the better QB. If things didn’t work out by transferring, that’s on KB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2020, 7:56 AM

That article just proves that you can do everything right but there'll always somebody with a moronic opinion.

What a great way to prove you're an imbecile.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB2 sat behind DW4 & Nick Schuessler the year prior...

Apr 29, 2020, 8:05 AM

mired in the 3 spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2020, 8:13 AM

First of all Kelly Bryant cried like a little ##### and left. Second of all if he had NFL talent he would be signed or drafted by an NFL team by now. Third he showed the world what kind of QB he was when he couldn't throw a completion against Alabama in a semifinal game. Fourth man up and quit blaming others for your short comings.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2020, 6:43 PM

Thanks for the thumbs down Kelly. I know the truth really hurts sometimes but hey you are what you are and that is a quitter.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2020, 8:17 AM

This writer really is an idiot. There is PLENTY of tape from before KB left Clemson and after that simply shows that he was a decent college QB but will never make it as a professional QB. Too inaccurate, slow in making decisions, slow wind up and release, not a strong enough arm. I'm not sure what anyone would be looking at to think that he might be a NFL level QB. That's ok, though, KB's considerable talent (but not on TL's level) has taken him as far as he can go with it, and he has nothing to be ashamed of with that.

Wait, so now that KB didnt get drafted, its Dabo's fault?

Apr 29, 2020, 8:22 AM

someone get this writer out of his house

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Slanderous IMHO since DS offered him #2 status & playing time just as Saban did..

Apr 29, 2020, 8:43 AM

with Hurts..but KB got emotionally hurt & ran away.

Saying..move on from this Finebomb-type rhetoric.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After reading the article I have determined**

Apr 29, 2020, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Wait, so now that KB didnt get drafted, its Dabo's fault? ]

that Carter Owen is a complete dumbaZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, and must have acquired his writing skills from U of South Carolina journalism school. There is also the possibility that he is some "kin' to Paul Finebaum and is working undercover for ESPN ???

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 29, 2020, 8:52 AM

none of us were in the Dabo's office when he talked with Kelly. Knowing Dabo, he probably did everything he could to keep Kelly from transferring. Kelly acted like a spoiled child. Everyone pretty much knew that Trevor was going to be the man. I didn't hear Cole crying when DW took over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's some horribly written fan blog post

Apr 29, 2020, 8:57 AM

Pretty clearly written by a fan of a team that doesn't like Clemson.

Apr 29, 2020, 9:00 AM

Here is a great idea. Poorly written criticisms of our football staff aren’t reposted by Clemson men and women who know better. Just an idea.

Big 12?

Apr 29, 2020, 9:06 AM

Clemson and Dabo Swinney have won as many Natty's in the last 4 years as the entire Big 12 has won over the past 20 years. In the last 6 years, Clemson and Dabo Swinney have beaten the best team in the Big 12 by a combined score of 77-23.

Who gives a hoot what anyone associated with the Big 12 knows, thinks or says about Dabo?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2020, 9:12 AM

I'm grateful to KB2 for his time at Clemson. We won the ACC and made the playoffs with him in a season we were projected to do much worse. But he is not in the NFL because he is not an NFL QB. He could switch positions and maybe have a shot. Could be too late now. But there are better true 5-star pro-typical QBs in college that didn't make a team either (Shea Patterson for one).

As for this garbage writer & article, 12up didn't even bother to tweet the article...his own website knows its crap.

Apr 29, 2020, 9:14 AM

Neither KB nor Hurts are NFL qbs. Hurts will make a roster but will not be a multi year starter. Everything else as it relates to this article is dicta.

Hurts had two years of eligibility. KB only had one.

Apr 29, 2020, 9:29 AM

When Hurts had one season left, he transferred.

Then he had a pretty good season at Oklahoma to impress the NFL while KB was mediocre at Missouri.

Two different situation. Two different athletes. Two different outcomes.

It’s not that much of a mystery.

Who is Carter Owen...

Apr 29, 2020, 9:30 AM

and why would ANYONE care what he says or thinks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 29, 2020, 9:35 AM

DON'T CLICK What a ridiculous hit piece. Dabo gave Kelly the choice of staying as the back up or leaving so it was not Dabo that made that choice!

Who? Neve heard of her.***

Apr 29, 2020, 10:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poorly written--even for a blog***

Apr 29, 2020, 10:48 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

writter ain't dumb

Apr 29, 2020, 11:04 AM

He got clicks and got noticed which is what he wanted, no matter how absurd.

Wouldn't work if he had accused Wake or Vandy of something like this.

Re: writter ain't dumb

Apr 29, 2020, 11:18 AM

You know for a coonass, you picked that up well.

Apr 29, 2020, 11:07 AM

Bryant now has the rare distinction of getting a combine invite then not making a team. Congrats Kelly !!

Ignorant drivel that I’m ashamed to say I clicked on. Here is his thesis:

Apr 29, 2020, 11:17 AM

The moron says Saban was sure to make sure that Hurts was important to the team and “Swinney did no such thing with Bryant, and the rest is history.”

Absolute nonsense. This guy would be no less accurate if he had said the sky in Australia is green. Dabo said repeatedly that it was a starting position for one game, that he loves KB and that we want him on the team..,and that we are better with him on the team. KB stopped showing up and quit on his team because he lost a starting job for one game after a clearly better (by every national expert) player went 13/18 and threw 4 TDs en route to a 91.7 QBR vs KB’s 12.9 rating. Jelly could have hunkered down, gotten his reps and proved his worth for his team, but he bailed.

The difference between Hurts and KB comes down to Hurts and KB. One stayed, one left. Their choice. And of course Hurts had more eligibility, so he could afford to check the landscape more.

To imply that the difference is that Saban...football factory operator Nick Saban...expresses his care for a benched player more than Dabo Swinney is so embarrassingly ignorant I cannot believe it got published.

null

Apr 29, 2020, 12:40 PM

Bryant had one year of exposure at Missouri, an ample amount of plying time for NFL teams to gauge his potential. Had he remained at Clemson he would have enjoyed mop-up duty, not the type of exposure that impresses NFL teams. Not being selected as a NDFA confirms Dabo's assessment of Bryant's potential.

There was a big difference between Hurts and Bryant's situation. Hurts had another year of eligibility even if he remained at Alabama. If Bryant had remained at Clemson and played in just one more game, he would not have had another year of eligibility.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2020, 6:49 PM

There are so many things wrong with this article. Hurts had an additional year of eligibility left after Tua won the starting job. Kelly’s option was either competing for the starting job (finishing his eligibility) or transferring before appearing in 5 or more games. Dabo also said that there would continue to be a battle for the starting job as the season continued. He didn’t screw anyone over like the author leads the reader to believe. The best coaches/athletes/people are always hated on the most!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2020, 6:59 PM

Click-bait. Whoever heard of 12up dot com anyhow?

As my sweet old grandmother used to say, "f*** 'em."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic