Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bible
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 440

Bible

Feb 16, 2018, 7:53 AM

"Professing themselves to be wise they became fools". This describes our society. We have become so "intellectual" that we think we know more than God and we will destroy ourselves in the process.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bible

Feb 16, 2018, 7:55 AM

That verse also seems to describe you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2018, 9:01 AM

That book has a lot of solid lessons that we could all learn from...but you should probably put it down every not and then and gain a little perspective. Those who live literally by every word in that book aren't worthy of the grace and salvation it promises.

Feb 16, 2018, 9:08 AM

I look at it differently.

I look at it that they don't live by every word of that book, just certain words.

They'll bash the hell out of homosexuals yet very seldom preach on adultery.

I've been in churches with pregnant unwed women yet the Pastor is harping on sin OUTSIDE the church. I'd think to myself, maybe you need to be preaching against what members of your church are doing. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2018, 9:25 AM

I agree but I would group adultery in with homosexuality as one of the "big" sins along with drinking alcohol that christians seem to think if they avoid they are "ok".

Pride, self righteousness, gossip....those things are just as sinful and will tear a church apart but they seem to be swept under the rug.

Jesus said that lust is adultery, and I think if all men are honest they lust after other women on a daily basis....yet for some reason if a pastor is caught in the act he is shamed and fired from the church.....

Feb 16, 2018, 9:29 AM

I know i lust. I admit it.

Too many beautiful women here at the beach, but i don't act on it.

Feb 16, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Bible ]

How is drinking alcohol a sin? Jesus made alcohol. And not for some great healing purpose, he just made it for a party.

Being drunk is sinful, sure. Having a glass of wine clearly is not.

Feb 16, 2018, 9:35 AM

I think jhop was referring to drunkenness, not having a glass of wine.

Feb 16, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Bible ]

I agree. I'm not sure where along the way drinking an alcoholic beverage became sinful.

Feb 16, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Bible ]

"along with drinking alcohol"

lol....

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Feb 16, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Bible ]

Nobody is worthy of the grace that God offers. The verse he quoted here describes society perfectly. We have no need for God but wonder where he is when there is a crisis.

So where is God?

Feb 16, 2018, 9:21 AM

He isn't around because some don't believe?

Re: So where is God?

Feb 16, 2018, 9:40 AM

There are countless stories of people finding their faith strengthened in the wake of tragic events. Check out the documentary "Where is God?" on netflix. How in the world would that be possible in a world that evolved naturally without a good God in control? Evil would easily prevail. There would be no hope.

The Bible says "For he causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

So no one is immune to hardships, however peace can be found if you seek God..." Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

Now you can scoff all you want but you can't deny that verse rings true....BILLIONS of people find peace in Jesus every single day....

Jhop

Feb 16, 2018, 9:45 AM

I have learned to try and be respectful of your opinions, so I wasn't trying to be rude or discount your opinions and beliefs. I am just wondering, if there is a God, where was God for the shooting or does God have no control over situations like that?

Re: Jhop

Feb 16, 2018, 10:04 AM

I know that and I respect your beliefs as well. I answered your question. God is there if you seek him, however he doesn’t promise there won’t be hardships in this life.

Things like what we saw yesterday are a result of sin, sin that goes way back. The kid that committed that terrible act yesterday probably grew up in a home where sin ruled. And his parents the same thing, and on and on down the line you probably find people who had no need for God.

So God did do something, he sent Jesus as a way to turn from our sin and the majority have rejected him. So why would you expect things like what happened yesterday not to happen if there is a God?

Feb 16, 2018, 10:15 AM

I still would like an answer to something you brought up yesterday when asking how many of the thoughts and prayers folks actually kneeled in prayer.

You were basically insinuating that you must kneel for it to matter. Does that mean that all the Pastors I watched pray in church as a kid were just wasting their time? Did God basically say "Nope not kneeling dont care"?

Feb 16, 2018, 10:24 AM

I didn’t mean that, I was just saying offering “thoughts and prayers” is just something that seems to be said nowadays.

You can talk to God anyplace, anytime.

Feb 16, 2018, 9:21 AM

Can you detail for me the role of Mosaic Law in the daily life of Christians?

Feb 16, 2018, 9:24 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 440
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic