Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beware 4th and goal in OT vs OSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,732

Beware 4th and goal in OT vs OSU

Dec 27, 2019, 5:06 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1650067-a-questionable-call-that-ended-a-dynasty-miami-vs-ohio-state-2003-fiesta-bowl.amp.html

That late flag in OT came out of nowhere (at least three seconds after the play was over) for Ohio State to give them a 1st and goal at the one yard line.

I was already living in Miami Beach for the year 2001 and 2002 University of Miami great teams. Player talent was amazing in 2001 and still up there in 2002. That Miami team had Willis McGahee, Frank
Gore, Kellen Winslow II, Andre Carter. Defense had Jonathan Vilma, Sean Taylor, and evening SC upstate’s own Rocky Macintosh. QB was Ken Dorsey, good enough to win the national championship the year before.

That UM team was confident and loaded with talent. As it turns out, the OSU team was talented too. UM coaching and character in retrospect have to be questioned but they really should have walked off the field after that 4th down incompletion as the national champions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beware 4th and goal in OT vs OSU

Dec 27, 2019, 6:54 AM

Yep, yet another reason I hate the bucknuts. They’re nowhere as good as they’ve been propped up to be. It all comes down to money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The other key play in that 2003 Fiesta Bowl

Dec 28, 2019, 1:56 AM

Outside of the phantom PI, the other key play was the vicious open field hit that an Ohio State defensive back put on Willis McGahee that destroyed his knee and took him out of the game. Funny I am surrounded by OSU fans in South Florida and you would think that they would know the name of the DB who made that great legal hit but they never can remember his name ———. Hint he went on to a great NFL career starting with the NY Giants. ——-. His name was Will Allen. Try that for trivia with Bucknut fans. If they don’t know that one, tell them you don’t want to hear another Archie Griffin story.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,732
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic