Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Better resume?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,533

Better resume?

Nov 22, 2015, 4:28 PM

We keep hearing that Bama has run the toughest gauntlet of anyone which is why they're deserving of the #2 spot right now.

But, as of today, they have beaten 1 ranked team (#23 Miss St). That's right, 1 ranked team, not even in the top 20.

#SEC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Better resume?

Nov 22, 2015, 4:30 PM

If Clemson wins out they will have beaten the #6 team at that time, #9 team at that time and #11 team at that time.. who has Bama beat? MSSU at #23?? lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all fairness let's not say where someone

Nov 22, 2015, 4:53 PM

Was ranked when we beat them...

Bama did beat #2 LSU and #9 Georgia.

I do find it funny that some of the talking heads go back and forth on whether or not you should count the ranking at time or where team is now. They have gone back and forth on this one all year.

Bottom line we have wins over current #4 and #14

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In all fairness let's not say where someone

Nov 22, 2015, 6:39 PM

That is a gray area.

There are teams that were ranked where they should never have been, most SEC teams fall here.

Then there are teams that suffer a lot of injuries and are not the team they once were, Baylor may fall here losing their QB.

I like judging a team where they end up personally, with the caveat that they did not sustain injuries.

Auburn
Ole Miss
LSU
ATM

All of them were ranked high, did not suffer injuries, but sucked the entire season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why do you look at ours at the time we played but bama's

Nov 22, 2015, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Better resume? ]

as they are currently? One thing happens when you beat a team, they drop

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the same BS every year. SEC teams are vastly over rated

Nov 22, 2015, 4:49 PM

from the outset. That way, when they inevitably beat each other, the unchallenged assumption is that the losses are "good" losses, and the wins are super impressive. By the time it is obvious, late in the season, that they were all over rated, one or two will have already ascended to the top and the fact that the basis for them getting there in the first place (beating a bunch of teams that were highly rated but turned out not to be so good after all) was wrong is forgotten as the perception of SEC strength has already been created and confirmed, and the charade can continue.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think 80+% of college football fans have figured that out.

Nov 22, 2015, 4:56 PM

I don't think ESPiN cares much what we think. I predict they will spend the entire offseason touting the SEC coaching changes and the SEC recruiting enough to rank at least 10 of them in the top 25 in the next preseason poll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt***

Nov 22, 2015, 5:07 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No doubt***

Nov 22, 2015, 6:22 PM

Especially if Mark May has anything to say about it. Rather listen to a bunch of kindergarten kids than him. They are more intelligent.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is largely true, but they also do a good job of winning

Nov 22, 2015, 7:01 PM [ in reply to It's the same BS every year. SEC teams are vastly over rated ]

their bigger early season non-con games which just stokes the fire. Week 1 South Carolina beat UNC, Bama smoked Wisconsin, Auburn beat Louisville, and A&M killed Arizona St. Arkansas stunk it up, but they were pretty much the exception.

I heer the D2 teams have gotten so strong the...

Nov 22, 2015, 4:52 PM

SEC will start scheduling 4 HS teams each year. Daniel High tried to schedule Bama but Bama opted for JC Edwards to preserve an "SEC competitive edge."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Committee had "some talk about Alabama at #1"...scary***

Nov 22, 2015, 6:27 PM

They have a lot of good wins, but no great wins.***

Nov 22, 2015, 6:56 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,533
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic