Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Auburn announces starting quarterback
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Auburn announces starting quarterback

Aug 14, 2017, 1:09 PM

Auburn announces starting quarterback

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a huge surprise at all, but the real question

Aug 14, 2017, 1:11 PM

how many will they play?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a huge surprise at all, but the real question

Aug 14, 2017, 7:49 PM

I think he will improve their offense a good bit and make them a pretty good team with that RB but it also depends on the defense. If you watch the A Game video, he had all day in the pocket I counted atleast 3-4 secs each play and that's bc he passed the ball didn't have to come off his drop back at all. So that video doesn't impress me that much bc of the lack of rush and bc he was going against 2s and their dline lost a lot from last year so they aren't good at all atleast the 2s from what I saw. Also he played in Big 12 where no defense is played so I'm curious to see what he can do against a good defense in a hostile environment like Death Valley! I don't think he will look as good, our defense will keep him in check. Never seen a defense like ours and won't until they play us so I feel good about that.

I firmly believe that Auburn's backfield

Aug 15, 2017, 11:11 AM

of Stidham, Kam Pettway, and Kerryon Johnson will be the best we face all year.

If their young receivers, Nate Craig-Myers, Eli Stove, Kyle Davis, Darius Slayton, produce then we better be ready to score some points.

Bring it on

Aug 14, 2017, 1:11 PM

She's never seen a defense like ours.

I can see Big Dex asking Stidham this somewhere around the

Aug 14, 2017, 5:04 PM
IMG_1997.GIF(60.1 K)

3rd quarter.

He looks fragile ... what's his weight limit ?

Aug 14, 2017, 1:14 PM

How many lbs of Clemson DL can he handle on his chest ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me just take the time to add some succinct analysis.

Aug 14, 2017, 1:16 PM

Duh!

Bet I can guess why she transferred from Baylor.....***

Aug 14, 2017, 1:16 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Bet I can guess why she transferred from Baylor.....***

Aug 14, 2017, 1:21 PM

He better bring the earplugs along. It's gonna be LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: FB Update: Auburn announces starting quarterback

Aug 14, 2017, 1:20 PM

So it's another Big12 QB....oh no. Those numbers are against that Big12 schedule, equivalent to a pee wee league. Baker Mayfield knows why his numbers looked good too after having to play us.

Aug 14, 2017, 1:50 PM

> So it's another Big12 QB....oh no. Those numbers are
> against that Big12 schedule, equivalent to a pee wee
> league. Baker Mayfield knows why his numbers looked
> good too after having to play us.

I hope you're right. He looked pretty good at Baylor before he hurt his hand. Of course, he's never felt the kind of love our D Line is gonna show him. :)

Look at the teams that his highlights are agaisnt. Big12

Aug 15, 2017, 5:51 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Auburn announces starting quarterback ]

ain't exactly a defensive conference. Saw a couple of their teams play live last year. Night and day the difference in size, speed and athleticism that he will face. He will have better athletes around him than he did @ Baylor, so we'll see. But I have a feeling his introduction to big time CFB is going to be somewhat disconcerting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 1:29 PM

He might break. I think he will be hurting after our game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shocking, didn't see that one coming...

Aug 14, 2017, 1:30 PM

????

Aug 14, 2017, 1:35 PM

He looks very accurate in that spring game film. Defense got ZERO pass rush on him though. It will be a very different story against us.

Auburn announces starting quarterback..TIGER MEAT!***

Aug 14, 2017, 1:46 PM

So excited to watch him

Aug 14, 2017, 1:50 PM

Practice the stop drop and roll drill in the valley.

I hope it's a good game and we beat them by 78. I'll be awfully mad if I drive from ok to watch a 10 point game.

Aug 14, 2017, 1:52 PM

Big Dex says hi...

Interesting!

Aug 14, 2017, 2:26 PM

They must not have much from which to choose. We are taking longer to announce ours, because we have a bunch of very capable and talented QB's on our roster. I guess it's easier when there is nothing else on your roster that can cut the mustard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes the game harder, but still CU much better team

Aug 14, 2017, 2:45 PM

I think their DLine takes a huge step back... their strength is everywhere else

He's about to face a real defense in Death Valley

Aug 14, 2017, 4:42 PM

This ain't the BIG 12 or whatever conference Baylor belongs to. This is Clemson SC where there are monsters in The Valley!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Well, unlike the Big 12 he will actually face a defense

Aug 14, 2017, 5:07 PM

against Clemson. He will face an atmosphere and defensive front unlike he's experienced. If he delivers then he will have earned our respect and Auburn would be legit.

Worst Kept Secret In College Football!!!!

Aug 14, 2017, 6:53 PM

He is a huge reason Auburn is getting soooooo, much love. System QB until proven otherwise in my mind. Fellow Tigers fans who keep up with other squads; think back to the other QB's @ Baylor during the Art and Kendall Briles days! Monster numbers right? Gus Malzahn @ the end of the day wants to run the football. Stidham may be a good enough athlete to run his offense; but how patient will a man be who has won a National Title using " his traditional run 1st " offense be. Especially if the Tigers are able to somewhat bottle up his tailbacks? Is he going to run Stidham and play who if he gets hurt? The same dudes that lead them to the year they had last year, yeah right!
The kid can play, yes. Better than me no doubt. But, a few things will be working against him. The Tiger Defense 1. 2. This will not be Georgia Southern your playing. 3. It's not Art Briles running verts on every play offense. Malzahn will stretch the field and make the safety or safeties be honest; only enough so he can run the rock! But, what if it's stuffed like I think it will be? 4. Been out of big time football for a year! A road game in Death Valley is not exactly where you will earn a living " coming back " at. 5. I think the Hades our offense is catching from our defense during camp is going to absolutely make them sharp as glass on a cold winters day in Dakota! Ga. Southern while a very good program; will not have the depth @ DE to keep running fresh bodies who can make him uncomfortable in the pocket. Happy feet will make him far less accurate. New system with a hostile defense. In a hostile crowd. With no yellow QB jersey on; if you follow me?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 7:00 PM

Pat Dye just said on Finebaum that both QBs looked bad at practice, but this one was not quite as bad.

Aug 14, 2017, 7:22 PM

That's b/c Malzahn is trying to put a square QB peg in a round QB offense. I think he figures; if I can mis-direction and tempo them; get some big plays due to lack of eye discipline..........this accurate former Big 12 QB can eat a defense up " off play action "!
Baylor would be top 5 in rushing the football nationally under Briles! But, all you saw were the big passing plays. Significant b/c, " play action passes " destroy undisciplined defenses. Or defenses so concentrated on stopping the run; they take " false steps " toward the line of scrimmage. Makes sense what he's thinking. But, part of the reason Auburn was so successful was due to the threat of the QB keeping it also.
Or he straps his offense for Art Briles offense and send a guy deep every play! Would translate to no safety in the box. This makes Auburn trouble only b/c it's hard to predict exactly what there offense will look like with Stidham!
Be prepared LB group as if you were getting ready for Georgia Tech! Eye discipline; b/c the tempo and all the miss-direction is designed/done to make you " false step "!

But, 1st we have to get past Kent St.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 9:18 PM

Bring your A game Stidham, or you'll have a really bad day. THE Tigers will be ready for someone who had to leave.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His center won't be able to hear

Aug 14, 2017, 11:45 PM

Stidham's clap. Hope he's ok with playing under center.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic