Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best way to stream? chromecast?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,794

Best way to stream? chromecast?

Jun 3, 2016, 7:22 AM

What is the best way to stream the game?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume you mean the best way to stream on your tv?

Jun 3, 2016, 7:38 AM

The best way is to plug your computer directly into your modem and then you're tv directly into your computer as a dual monitor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'll chromecast***

Jun 3, 2016, 7:48 AM

Re: Best way to stream? chromecast?

Jun 3, 2016, 7:48 AM

I use Chromecast, and it works perfectly. I have Charter internet, and it works fine, but any internet with a decent speed will work IMO.

I actually have 2 Chromecast dongles, and 2 big screen TV's side-by-side, and tend to watch multiple games at the same time. I watched the SECT and ACCT at the same time, and that was fun.

It seems that having Dish (I use Directv and no problems) might cause a problem for ESPN3 to cast to your TV, but I think that's possible too if it is set up properly. Dish might require SlingTV (which costs extra) to allow ESPN3 to cast to your TV. I suggest that you research it if you have Dish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2016, 8:57 AM

Are you referring to dish internet? Bc dish satellite TV should have nothing to do with chromecast working.

Jun 3, 2016, 8:59 AM

I use FireTV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jun 3, 2016, 9:02 AM

I want to watch the game in my cabana outside at my pool. But this is not close enough to pick up my wifi. Is there truly no other way to use my phone data to stream straight to my tv out there?

#firstworldproblems***

Jun 3, 2016, 9:08 AM

Jun 3, 2016, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Best way to stream? chromecast? ]

FireTV has an app called TVCast that enables you to "cast" audio/video from your mobile device to your TV. I use it to watch Tigercast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2016, 9:20 AM

But do you have to be on a wifi network or can you stream using your data only?

Jun 3, 2016, 9:55 AM

Doesn't matter.

Buy a hdmi cable for your particular phone.

Jun 3, 2016, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Best way to stream? chromecast? ]

Plug phone directly into your tv

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Buy a hdmi cable for your particular phone.

Jun 3, 2016, 9:28 AM

Just google your phone model and hdmi converter

Jun 3, 2016, 11:38 AM

Or cable. Unless your phone is 20 yrs old they should have one.

I have a galaxy s3 which is like 4 years old and I bought a cable for it off amazon for around $20.

Best buy had one for $50 for my phone.

Jun 3, 2016, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Best way to stream? chromecast? ]

Chromecast HAS to have Internet connection. It actually pulls the content from the Internet after youreading app tells it what to look for. It doesn't stream actually from the phone to the chromecast.

The new Chromecast with 802.11 AC wireless standard

Jun 3, 2016, 9:44 AM

and a good Asus 802.11 AC router is a great streaming setup. The newer phones have that standard as well, so you should be able to get really good results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The new Chromecast with 802.11 AC wireless standard

Jun 3, 2016, 9:47 AM

But, now that I read your other posts, I have no idea how to stream to a cabana tv with no wireless router access. :) Using your data, unless you have unlimited, could be costly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2016, 10:07 AM

Roku has never failed me

Jun 3, 2016, 1:23 PM

I have never streamed the games before but desperately want to watch the games. I am new to this. just got an iphone a few months ago! I have hulu and roku but just watch movies. Can anyone tell me how to watch the game on either of these?

Jun 3, 2016, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Best way to stream? chromecast? ]

How do you do it? I have roku and it says not part of your tv pkg. I have uverse.

Jun 3, 2016, 4:48 PM

Do you have the ESPN package on uverse? It should work.

Jun 3, 2016, 8:02 PM

I do have the ESPN pkg. but still can't get it. I can't get a straight answer from AT&T. ESPN sent me to AT&T Uverse, they sent me to Roku. No answers there either. Of course, the person was probably in India. I guess I will just be listening. As of now, there's not too much to see or hear!
Thanks anyway.

Jun 3, 2016, 11:43 AM

Here's a free (and easy) way to bypass needing to have a cable subscription: Create a SlingTV account (they give you 7 days free) and then cancel it right afterwards. When you cancel, they tell you you can continue watching for the rest of the week anyway. [Yes, you have to put in the credit card. No, they won't steal your identity.] Then, log into WatchESPN with your SlingTV log-in credentials and over the course of this next week you should be at least able to watch a few Clemson baseball games :)

Jun 3, 2016, 8:16 PM

Doesn't help if you can't cast it to a tv.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,794
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic