Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best things to do for first time visit to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 51

Best things to do for first time visit to Clemson

Aug 18, 2016, 10:03 AM

Hi all,
I am looking for some advice. My husband is a big time college football fan and for his birthday I am surprising him with a trip to see NC state at Clemson on October 15. For reference last year I took him to ole miss vs Texas a&m, we had a blast.

So a few questions for you all:
1. Are top deck seats good? That's all I can find for a reasonable price.
2. I found a nice hotel in lavonia GA, what is the traffic like on game day? Is there parking ( if so where)?
3. What are some things to see and do while there, keeping in mind were only there for Saturday and Sunday morning. Good places to eat?

Thanks in advance for your help. ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best things to do for first time visit to Clemson

Aug 18, 2016, 10:09 AM

1. Try to sit in the lower deck if at all possible.
2. Traffic is absolutely absurd, so get there extremely early. You can park at 220 N. Clemson Ave for a great price and it's right by the stadium.
3. Definitely visit the Esso Club. I also love TDs and Backstreets if you don't mind a younger crowd.
4. You're going to have a blast!!! GO TIGERS!

Aug 18, 2016, 10:17 AM

Thank you!!

Aug 18, 2016, 10:21 AM

1. Top deck is good. All of the seats are good, but lower bowl is better.
2. Plan to get there early to avoid the traffic. Find a good parking spot (you'll have to pay) and then tour the campus. If possible, try to purchase a parking pass. Just plan on hanging out for a while after the game, or plan to sit in traffic for hours. Either way, you won't make it back to Lavonia until 2-3 hours after the game ends.
3. Visit some tailgate sites for the best food and company. Most are very welcoming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2016, 10:25 AM

1. Are top deck seats good? That's all I can find for a reasonable price.
They are not Bad seats but you won't get the full effect of the crowd, entrance, etc. If you can't find sideline lower I would look for West End Zone - they may be affordable and if you're 1/3rd or more up you can see well.

2. I found a nice hotel in lavonia GA, what is the traffic like on game day? Is there parking ( if so where)?
Public parking on Perimeter road is not bad. You can also find some private parking along North Clemson Blvd. St. Andrews Catholic on Edgewood/Sloan St sells parking and its a great location because it's close to downtown and a reasonable walk to the stadium.

3. What are some things to see and do while there, keeping in mind were only there for Saturday and Sunday morning. Good places to eat?
Walk around downtown - TD's and Tiger Town Tavern. The Study Hall restaurant may also be open by then.
Also, wear your college stuff and as long as you're not South Carolina fans (just kidding) people will probably invite you over to their tailgate for a bite or beer

Best advice is to arrive 4+ hours before the game if possible. You'll get better parking and time to enjoy the full effect.

If you're outdoors types there is good hiking at Table Rock park not too far from Clemson for your Sunday outing.

Aug 18, 2016, 10:26 AM

Move hotel to Greenville S C. Very cool city. Great hotels and restaurants. Only 30 miles to Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2016, 10:27 AM

Lower deck is overrated. Lower seats in upper deck are better. Make sure row letter is in lower half of alphabet and NO double letters. Lavonia is convenient and usually less expensive than Anderson/Greenville but not much to do there. If you have an extra free day, the Botanical Gardens is a nice place to have a quiet leasurely walk and don't forget to get some Clemson icecream from the 55 Exchange.

Aug 18, 2016, 10:27 AM

I will try to help on the traffic/parking question.

Traffic from GA should not be bad (most traffic comes in from Greenville or Anderson). Get off on SC Exit 2, follow signs to Seneca, Right at first traffic light you come to, then right when your road dead ends. This will be Hwy 123.

I would park at Clemson Presbyterian Church (free, at least it was last year) and walk into campus/downtown. It's not that bad of a walk, maybe a mile? Check it out on Google Earth.

^^^^ yes, yes, yes, on directions

Aug 18, 2016, 10:50 AM

turn left off interstate. After a mile or two, turn left onto highway 59 (a bakery will be on your left). Stay on 59 almost into Seneca when you will take a right onto ???. It will then be a straight shot to highway 123 (thru a few 4 way stop signs). Take a right and you are practically at the stadium.

Before or after game, hang out in lot 5 (just behind west end zone). Look for an ambulance in almost the exact center of lot that is painted up Clemson style. All the people down the aisle from the ambulance are a welcoming crew.

My gosh, I can't wait!

Aug 18, 2016, 10:29 AM

My son and I will actually not be able to make this game due to fall baseball commitments. I have four tickets to this game plus a parking pass. The tickets are five rows off field and next to the hill. Great tickets for you getting the experience. T-mail me if interested.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WNCTiger11

Aug 18, 2016, 7:37 PM

I would very much be interested in the tickets. I tried to T-mail you but since I am not a paying member I don't know if it went through. I emailed you to the email linked to your account. Thank you again.

Aug 18, 2016, 10:36 AM

The Clemson band has a concert at the amphitheater 90 minutes prior to kickoff and then marches to the stadium. Would recommend that you don't plan trying to leave immediately after the game. Instead, stroll around the campus and enjoy the experience. The '55 Exchange located in the Hendrix Student Center serves homemade ice cream.

Aug 18, 2016, 11:08 AM

Do they re-open ice cream sales after the game? - They close sometime before the game - I got there a little too late once.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2016, 8:40 PM

Their hours vary on game day depending on kick off time. They always post their game day hours on their website. In general they are open before the game but not after if kickoff is at 2:00 PM or later. If it is an 11 AM to noon kickoff then they are not open before but are open after the game.

touch the rock and run down the hill

Aug 18, 2016, 10:43 AM

oh wait, you can't do that in the upper deck

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I take lower deck each time bc I love getting on the field

Aug 18, 2016, 10:46 AM

with my daughter after the game.. a tradition whether we win or lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I take lower deck each time bc I love getting on the field

Aug 18, 2016, 10:46 AM

with my daughter after the game.. a tradition whether we win or lose.

null

Best advice I can give is ...........................

Aug 18, 2016, 11:08 AM

make plans for your next visit while you are here. You WILL be coming back!
The State game is homecoming and that is always a special day in Tigertown.
Hopefully it will be a late afternoon game because the traffic will be unreal.
Tickets will be available but good lower deck seats will be hard to come by.
Expect in excess of 100,000 fans at this game if the weather is agreeable. That a lot
of fans to cram into a small village. Food and drink will not be a problem if you wear orange!
Report back and tell us how great this was for you and the main man. Texas A and M is no comparison

Aug 18, 2016, 8:46 PM

You can get good seats that are lower deck from people selling them on gameday. It sounds really sketchy, but I've never had a problem with the tickets being fake or anything like that. For an example, I got lower deck tickets for the Notre Dame game for $60. Good luck!

Buying tickets

Aug 18, 2016, 10:27 PM

Are you talking about the guys outside the stadium?
I've heard a couple stories on here of period getting scammed.

I would love to get lower deck. I've always been up with the birds and clouds

Re: Buying tickets

Aug 18, 2016, 11:00 PM

Yeah, I've always bought them on gameday at the stadium. I ask the people that I buy them from stay with me until my ticket is scanned and I go in and I pay them an extra 5-10 bucks for being honest. I'm a poor college kid so I do what I have to do haha

Great 1st post. Only 3 negatives about Clemson are upper deck seats, gameday traffic, and Denny's

Aug 18, 2016, 10:42 PM

Being your best option as far as fine dining is concerned within a 50 mile radius of the stadium.

If not trolling, go lower deck, park on college ave in the dunkin donuts parking lot (or one near it), pre-game at the bars and with friendly tailgaters near the esso club (if you'd rather the true experience), and spend the extra $20 you were going to use on starbucks tmr to sit in the lower deck of the best and loudest college football stadium in the country.

Enjoy!! :)

Replies: 21
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic