Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best route for KB to have gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Best route for KB to have gone

Sep 26, 2018, 11:08 AM

Realize that he was not the long-term answer at QB and that he would never be an NFL QB. Learn another position that exploits his God-gifted talents and go the NFL and make a lot of money playing that position. Of course, that is a decision that should have been made in the Spring and is a moot point now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, that decision should have been made in the spring***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly was ahead in the spring and fall.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:16 AM

He gradually lost the job thru in-game results.

Or i guess you're calling Dabo a liar now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL you believe everything you hear I suppose.***

Sep 26, 2018, 11:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're exaggerating. So the fact is you really do

Sep 26, 2018, 11:21 AM

think Dabo was lying, and he let Kelly start with the intention of letting him fail.

If what you're implying is correct...

Sep 26, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to LOL you believe everything you hear I suppose.*** ]

the staff would have just let Bryant start/play against Cuse and effectively limit his options.

Based on what we know now, had TL been named the started after the Spring game, Bryant likely transfers anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Which would have been better still.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:23 AM

TL would have gotten all the snaps so far this year. Much better than splitting time (mostly referring to practice)

I think they could have convinced him to change positions. Not gonna happen mid-season.

That's your opinion...

Sep 26, 2018, 11:30 AM

but based on Bryant's own statement that he considered transferring after the Spring game doesn't support your position that they could have convinced him to switch positions. He would most likely have transferred anyway.

Now, if that does happen, maybe one of the other back-ups decides to stay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not an opinion that TL getting all of the practice

Sep 26, 2018, 11:31 AM

snaps would be better for the team at this point. That's a fact.

My opinion is that they could have convinced Bryant to change positions. This is WR U now after all. But either way, too late for any of this to matter.

Based on what we know now...

Sep 26, 2018, 11:34 AM

he would not have switched positions.

TL may have gotten all of the snaps but at the end of the day, we're in the exact same position we are right now; 4 - 0 and trying to get to 5 - 0 (assuming TL can win at A&M).

Kelly was ahead in the spring and fall.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Agree, that decision should have been made in the spring*** ]

He gradually lost the job thru in-game results.

Or i guess you're calling Dabo a liar now?

Oh hello there Stanley, welcome back!

Sep 26, 2018, 11:25 AM

I guess your new thing is making a post so bad that you want to post it twice?

B-Meist®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Best route for KB to have gone

Sep 26, 2018, 11:13 AM

It's only a moot point now because KB decided to transfer. Had he decided to shift to another position like WR, why not sit the rest of this year and learn that position and come back to WRU and take advantage of the great coaches to get that shot. Now he'll leave and play football one more year then have to fall back onto his education. I wish him well but a QB in the NFL he's not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 11:17 AM

Ok, we all know that KB is an athlete, but what makes you think he could get any playing time at WR for Clemson? We are absolutely LOADED at the position. Our second and 3rd string would start at most schools.
KB has no experience as a WR, so realistically, what are the chances that he could beat out 4 and 5 star kids who have been playing the position for years, or have 2-3 years in the system at Clemson as a WR?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 11:19 AM

Exactly! The truth is that KB could not start at any other position. He is a good athlete but if you think he is beating out those dudes at wideout or ETN you are crazy.

Sep 26, 2018, 1:04 PM

Personally, I think he's more suited to play TE. (tight end)

Sep 26, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Best route for KB to have gone ]

For KB it's a better chance for him to go further along in his career. We have 2 seniors and yes we are loaded but the coaches play a lot of guys every game at WR even in close games. would he get significant playing time, probably not but he'd have the best coaches in the country getting him better with a much higher chance to make it to the next level as a WR over a QB. It's just harder to go from a QB and convert to WR at the next level without any experience at the position. He could sit the rest of this season and practice with the team (maybe Scout team) and have all spring and summer to hone his skills. If he doesn't make it to the next level as a WR his odds are the same as a QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Best route for KB to have gone ]

Lol. Wide receiver next year will be so loaded he would never play

That would appear to be his best choice.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Best route for KB to have gone ]

Stick it out and try to find another position where he could have a legitimate shot at being a professional football player. I dont believe thats as a QB, and frankly I'm a little surprised that Kelly (apparently) thinks he can be an NFL QB.

Sep 26, 2018, 11:14 AM

I think most observers thought he might be a natural wideout in the NFL, with the size, the speed, the running ability. But the kid had it in his heart to be a quarterback. Now he will have to go NFL with no playing time or training as a receiver. But he won't be a QB, and even in that 12-2 year he restricted Clemson's playbook. Well, him and a couple of wide receivers who wouldn't fight for a ball.

please... KB will be ok

Sep 26, 2018, 11:33 AM

ever think his dream is to be a nfl qb not just be a nfl player?

he may prefer to manage as cook out on Whitehouse rd than play saftey in the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic