Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lots of coots lately are saying that if they ......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Lots of coots lately are saying that if they ......

Jan 10, 2019, 3:20 PM

are ever going to be successful they need to get out of the SEC. Question for the board is this: Would you like to swap places with them and play their schedule instead of our?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of coots lately are saying that if they ......

Jan 10, 2019, 3:24 PM

I'm happy just where we, and they, are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 3:24 PM

The ACC atlantic is tougher than the SEC east when FSU doesn't suck. But even when they do suck I would put an average Atlantic team over the average SEC east team.

Unless they transfer to the some non-Power 5 league...

Jan 10, 2019, 3:26 PM

like the AAC, Conference USA, the Sun Belt, or the SoCon, they're still going to be a perennial doormat.

u of 5c spent eighteen years playing is the ACC and they have ONE (1) conference championship to show for it. ONE !!!! What in God's name makes them think it would be any different now ?!?!?!

The only real benefit of playing in the $EC is the added revenue which is why they sould stay. At least then, they get paid a little better to be a bottomfeeder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 10, 2019, 3:38 PM

I'm not sure why we should be concerned about anything they have to say.

Jan 10, 2019, 4:48 PM

I couldn't agree more.

Jan 10, 2019, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Lots of coots lately are saying that if they ...... ]

You made a Freudian slip by saying they in lieu of we.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irony ?

Jan 10, 2019, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Lots of coots lately are saying that if they ...... ]

uof5c coot

Re: Irony ?

Jan 10, 2019, 8:21 PM

uof5c coot

Hahahah classic for the weak new logo

Coots would get beat by UVA every year then***

Jan 10, 2019, 3:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jan 10, 2019, 3:57 PM

are ever going to be successful they need to get out of the SEC. Question for the board is this: Would you like to swap places with them and play their schedule instead of our?

NO! NO! A THOUSAND TIMES KNOW. Leave the conference and our uniforms alone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If They Are Ever Going To Win....

Jan 10, 2019, 4:13 PM

A Natty they need to move down to the FCS. Then again North Dakota St. would spank that butt !

Winning a natty in football is not even a remote possibility

Jan 10, 2019, 4:17 PM

for u of 5c.

They need to drop down to a non-Power 5 league and focus on trying to win a conference championship.

Realistically speaking, that's probably the pinnacle for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...the whole SEC is greater than sliced bread is a load of

Jan 10, 2019, 4:14 PM

BS. Also don't want the coots in the ACC. They're better suited for a group of five conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If something ain't broke...

Jan 10, 2019, 4:19 PM

and we aren't. As for UofSC, I'm happy with them in a separate conference, wherever that may be.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 10, 2019, 4:20 PM

Personally I would love having the ACC seek USCe as a sixteenth member. Living in NE Cola I still hear GC fans play up SEC vs. ACC, but frankly the majority of their alumni and fans would revolt if their BOT elected to leave the SEC. Historical evidence points to their departure as a huge mistake, but their fans won’t admit it.

Former AD Mike McGee was a member of my church in the late 1990s and when asked he told me USC had approached the ACC quietly on two occasions to rejoin, bu the fee to do so was to costly! USC had no money as an independent and Metro Conference member.

My question would be as follows: Where would the SEC go to replace USCe if they left? Likely Texas or Oklahoma, maybe W. Va., but why would Clemson switch? Other than money what do we gain? Miami, Va. Tech and FSU will rebound.

Tell Notre Dame - join or leave no later than 2025 and go after USCe and another program if needed to make sixteen members. If ND walks then look at UCF, W. Va. Cincinnati or Perhaps Vandy.

Just my thoughts.

Go Tigers ??!!

Jan 10, 2019, 4:39 PM

USuCk chose to leave the ACC because Frank McGuire could not beat the ACC teams in basketball when it mattered. He pouted all the way the the AD and got his wish. They chose to leave and also to join the SEC. By the way, they did not say nice things about the ACC when they departed, especially McGuire. So no, we should never let them back in.

Frank McGuire wanted to leave the ACC...

Jan 10, 2019, 5:14 PM

because of the leagues stricter academic admission requirements which prevented Frank from recruiting good players who were functionally illiterate for his teams.

A secondary reason was the ACC was the only conference at the time that sent the Tourney champ rather than the regular season champ to the NCAA Tournament.

hard to find functional literate gamecocks these days***

Jan 10, 2019, 7:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Frank McGuire wanted to leave the ACC...

Jan 10, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Frank McGuire wanted to leave the ACC... ]

You are correct but the year after the shamecocks left the ACC the standards were lowered to be in line with other conferences. You have to hate it when that happens.

Re: Frank McGuire wanted to leave the ACC...

Jan 10, 2019, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Frank McGuire wanted to leave the ACC... ]

If I remember correctly. Frank Howard wanted to expand the ACC when they raised the Academic standards. He said that way no one would know how bad were are going to be in football we can just play each other.

If the ACC is going to consider expansion...

Jan 10, 2019, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Lots of coots lately are saying that if they ...... ]

Notre Dame and Penn State are the two most logical choices IMO. Good fits both academically and athletically.

u of 5c would be a fallback option for the league at best. They made their bed, now let them lay in it and flounder in mediocrity. I said when they joined the $EC that if they didn't achieve success almost immediately, they'd become a perennial doormat and that is pretty much what happened.

It's a totally moot point anyway. u of 5c will never willingly suffer the humiliation of leaving the $EC on the basis they simply couldn't compete.

Interestingly, the $EC, like many other conferences including the ACC, does not impose an exit penalty.
Instead, the league imposed a grant of rights which means that any school leaving would have to leave behind its media and sponsorship rights which, depending on the school, could easily cost more than $50 million.

Best place for them would be the Southern Conference.

Jan 10, 2019, 4:48 PM

Oh wait, Citadel...

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 10, 2019, 5:14 PM

Honestly they are only relevant to me on the date that we play them. They claim they need to get out of the SEC but got smacked by Virginia. I think we could take on their schedule no problem, but moving to the ACC would not really benefit them at all.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but smacking the SEC giants is fun

Jan 10, 2019, 5:16 PM

the coots are the only scrub we ever get to play

Hail, let em back in the ACC. They won't do any better the

Jan 10, 2019, 6:17 PM

second time around than the first. Then, they will have to come up with some new excuses, since they won't have "SEC schedule" anymore.

Jan 10, 2019, 6:21 PM

Could you imagine having to listen to Gary Danielson call our games?

but that would eliminate their "tough sec schedule" excuse***

Jan 10, 2019, 6:23 PM

Seems like a slight to me. . . but i'll play along

Jan 10, 2019, 6:28 PM

1. It didn't matter when we beat Bama twice or FSU beating Auburn that we were ACC and they were SEC West...let alone "least".
2. If you are good enough; it won't matter! Hasn't Bama dominated college football playing in the SEC West?
3. They can be independents again; how did that work last time? Weren't they independent right before joining SEC? Anyway.

Stupid argument especially when supposedly that is the very thing that "supposedly makes you better" because it means more, LOL!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 6:29 PM

Anybody who says no is full of it.

Away games at traditional powers like UGA, Florida, and Tennessee would be much better than our division slate.

Jan 10, 2019, 6:41 PM

Finally!! Someone got the gist of my original question.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 7:35 PM

Reading comprehension is lacking on this forum.

finally got a DA coot to respond they way you wanted huh

Jan 10, 2019, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Lots of coots lately are saying that if they ...... ]

LOL

National Championships > Rah Ray Conference Affiliation

All true Clemson fans are Clemson fans first

You never hear us talk about the ACC in Basketball and you'll never see a true fan root for Duke or UNC

That's a middlin SEC thing, because they are losers and will never get to the top of their conference. Clemson has beaten the SEC West Champ the last 3 years in a row and every SEC East team that we played.

They'd probably complain about our easy SEC-east schedule

Jan 10, 2019, 7:37 PM

Dumb coots...sheesh

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Though we have a better record against the SEC than...

Jan 10, 2019, 7:50 PM

the coots and our record against ACC opponent is about equal to our record with the SEC, no. They wanted to play with the 'Big Boys,' and get large stacks. They made this bed and they deserve to sleep in it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUSA will work for them..........

Jan 10, 2019, 8:24 PM

Their little soccer team is in that league.

Jan 10, 2019, 9:41 PM

They'll never succeed in college football , not at an elite level anyhow . It's because of that sort of attitude about " getting out " of a perceived tougher spot ... about looking for the path of least resistance.
They're losers and will always be losers .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 10, 2019, 9:46 PM

I used to think when we lost to them five years in a row the SEC made them tougher, not anymore. Our O line is so much improved, our D line is the best in America, and we have the skill players unequaled anywhere. I am happy in the ACC and no I would not want to play Georgia, Alabama, and Florida in the same year as well as play the defending NCAA champions in the same year. Next year, their schedule is pretty tough.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic