Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best of 2014: Favorite Road Trip ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,755

Best of 2014: Favorite Road Trip ?

Jan 19, 2015, 8:59 PM

What was your favorite road trip this year? Everyone's experiences are different but I'm going to say @ Wake.

Pros: Apparent upgrades to stadium, they sell beer, 90% Clemson crowd, the usual good seats due to stadium size, the Deacon Dog (jumbo hot dog with BBQ), they sell Beer, traffic is a breeze.

Cons: Cold, Windy, Thursday Night atmosphere before and during the game was limited to Clemson fans making the best of it

photo 20141106_192955_zps3mk7rvpn.jpg

photo 20141106_225958_zpsioabibtt.jpg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Best of 2014: Favorite Road Trip ?

Jan 19, 2015, 9:04 PM

i will agree with you on this one.

no traffic whatsoever and all orange!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah Traffic was a Plus no doubt.***

Jan 20, 2015, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Did WF, BC, and Orlando

Jan 19, 2015, 9:17 PM

Froze at WF, got rained on at BC, basked in the 82 warmth at RAB......whaddayouthink?

Wasnt really thinking about the Bowl Game, i guess that

Jan 20, 2015, 8:54 AM

counts. Good point +1

Best Is The Standard

Not Tech

Jan 19, 2015, 9:22 PM

The only road game I made it to this year.

Pros: Chili-dog at The Varsity before the game, but hardly worth the drive to Atlanta. Traffic was easy in and easy out.

Cons: Everything else.

I would say Wake over Athens for the two I was able to make

Jan 19, 2015, 9:26 PM

this year. Traffic was really good at both. Scenery was awesome in Athens. Hot as hades though and the seats were almost to the clouds. Wake seats were great, but chilly to say the least. Did some great tailgating there though with some cousin-in-laws.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best of 2014: Favorite Road Trip ?

Jan 20, 2015, 9:52 AM

Cuse fan here:

My favorite trip this past Fall was also at WFU. Really easy to tailgate for visiting fans. The stadium is small but just right for Wake. If you want to walk around a college campus pregame and soak up the atmosphere this isn't it...but if you want to pay reasonable amounts for motels and really not worry about parking/gameday traffic then Wake can't be beat. The Wake fans were mostly laid back...however one lady in her 60's was trying to lay down the smack (in a passive aggressive sort of way) as I was walking into the stadium. LOL

On a side note reports from our fans (I couldn't attend) was Clemson was a very positive experience despite the score of the game. My tailgate group had a block of about 125 tix and tailgated at a church parking lot. We received free Hofmann Coneys from the company and were sharing them with Tiger fans. Just wish we had an offense this year to take advantage of all the gifts that our defense offered up.

+1 Cant wait to come up there next year.***

Jan 20, 2015, 9:53 AM

Best Is The Standard

At Norman, Oklahoma - fascinating!!!

Jan 20, 2015, 10:45 AM

On 22NOV I saw Oklahoma beat Kansas by about 50 to 7.

It rained all day, tickets were free, no lines for burgers, stadium was "filled" with about 15,000 fans who really appreciate good football - and they KNOW good football. There are plenty of seats under the upper deck, so rain was actually not a meaningful issue.

The highlight of the day was the stellar performance by S. Perrine ... running for more yards than anyone ever had run in almost 150 years of football. What a joy to be one of those to see that.

A few weeks later the experience was enhanced when Oklahoma and Clemson were paired for the bowl game ... and when Clemson won 40-6 it got even better!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,755
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic